• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously...What are the Perks of Dating You?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think that is not fair. Someone I dated last century called that "fishing for compliments". Since then I never talk down about myself.

LOL@"fishing for compliments": I'm honestly too old to fall for that. But it's too bad you don't enjoy self-deprecating humor. I love it! In both myself and others.

Wherenextcolumbus

I have no problem with paying for dates or at least my share. While most other people would suggest "dinner" I would take you to unusal/ creepy places/exhibitons/events, it helps if you're a bit nerdy or a sad goth so you can appreciate it. I will listen to your problems and support you emotionally (I have lots of practise with this.) I take note of your interests and the objects you desire so when your birthday comes round, you will get what you want. I'm beautiful. I think mum's usually love me because I'm cute so there's a good chance your mum will.

Downside: I am the type of person to pull the 'waiting to exhale-infidelity scene.'

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL@"fishing for compliments": I'm honestly too old to fall for that. But it's too bad you don't enjoy self-deprecating humor. I love it! In both myself and others.
I did not say I do not appreciate self-deprecating humor.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure you did! You called it "fishing for compliments". How can you claim you appreciate it when you don't even recognize it? Seriously, dear. :D
I don't call it "fishing for compliments". Did you read my post? I said someone said that to me.
Anyway, I think that nobody is so bad (that a person WOULD date) that the only way is up. Shrugs. You may call me dear. Thank you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The perq of dating Savagewind is the comments I'd get.....
"Wow! Your granddaughter looks like a super model!"

The main perq of dating me?
The compliments you;d get....
"Wow! Your great grandfather sure is spry....it's amazing he's still alive & ambulatory!
It's so nice of you to take him out in public. You're a saint."

Daemon Sophic

Any date I go on now is with my wife of 17 years, or as a playdate with her and our 2 kids.
So that puts a serious damper on the singles dating scene as far as I'm concerned.

@Buttercup I'm sure your reasons for not dating are your own, and not forced upon you by fate.