• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Servants - yes or no?

nnmartin

perhaps, but it's clearly anther topic.

If you are interested in discussing the matter then how about starting a new thread.

I'll be happy to join in.

LongGe123

I'm losing my taste for your overly-general threads in which you assume you have all the information you need in your mind and draw your already so-insightful conclusions.

Point stands - I am not guilty of ANYTHING you have claimed by hiring someone to be a domestic worker. The principle of hiring someone to do a job and then paying for it is as simple and as non-controversial as votes for women

Draka

Wonder Woman
what gives you the ludicrous idea that women should be allowed to vote?

Okay, well that cinches it. nnmartin is a poe-troll. Even if sarcasm (which I'm assuming it has to be), if that's the best response he has to the point then it only shows the fail of his "arguments".

nnmartin

that sure is true.

What I have noticed in this thread (and others), is that once the Lords and Ladies realise they cannot convert you to their exploitative way of thinking then they do one of these things:

1. Name calling
2. Have a hissy fit
3. Leave the thread in a huff
4. Assert that you have no idea about things

nnmartin

Point stands - I am not guilty of ANYTHING you have claimed by hiring someone to be a domestic worker. The principle of hiring someone to do a job and then paying for it is as simple and as non-controversial as votes for women

how much do you pay your cleaner in China? (per hour)

nnmartin

Okay, well that cinches it. nnmartin is a poe-troll. Even if sarcasm (which I'm assuming it has to be), if that's the best response he has to the point then it only shows the fail of his "arguments".

yawn......:sarcastic

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
that sure is true.
What I have noticed in this thread (and others), is that once the Lords and Ladies realise they cannot convert you to their exploitative way of thinking then they do one of these things:
1. Name calling
2. Have a hissy fit
3. Leave the thread in a huff
4. Assert that you have no idea about things
But one thing we don't do is paint all with false attributes.
OK, some of us do, but not all of us.
(Someone is just a little too sensitive, eh?)

nnmartin

The psychology and concept of having servants is what is being painted here.

If you have, or aspire to have servants then you must expect tar and feather to come your way at some point.

nnmartin

What kind of a system allows idle rich to do nothing productive all day yet have others clean up their mess for them at very low wages?

What kind of person thinks that this is a good state of affairs?

4consideration

Premium Member
So, is Agitatism the artist style you are paining in, Martin?

No real solution intended, just upset people and see where the pieces land?

If I am wrong, please correct the picture.

nnmartin

for sure there is a solution - no personal servants will be allowed in the home unless justified.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you have, or aspire to have servants then you must expect tar and feather to come your way at some point.
It sounds like you're really just gussying up you judgments with fancy pants words like "psychology".
But that's my trick, buster....so hands off!

for sure there is a solution - no personal servants will be allowed in the home unless justified.
I want & I can pay are justification enuf.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Why? Because you have issues with it? Well la di da.

What kind of a system allows idle rich to do nothing productive all day yet have others clean up their mess for them at very low wages?
Why do you paint everyone that hires domestic help in that light? Absolutely screams false stereotyping.

What kind of person thinks that this is a good state of affairs?
You're the only one claiming it even is a "state of affairs". Your own prejudice and misunderstanding is contributing to your false generalizations.

Really? And just who determines what those "justifications" are? You? Just what is a "justified" reason for hiring a household employee to you?

nnmartin

reasons such as:

Physical inability to cope with the household chores, due to age, disability or illness.

Having a large number of children

Required as official staff in a work capacity

ron4711

Seems to me that paying them is proper justification. We pay people all the time for services like tax preperation, auto repair, healthcare even personal grooming (barber, nail tech) and food preperation (restaurants). Why should it matter where they do it?

nnmartin

I want & I can pay are justification enuf.

me,me,me,me,me,me!

oh, and I forgot to say, me!

justification enough for you for sure, because it suits you to have a servant.
Why? Because you have issues with it? Well la di da.

You're the only one claiming it even is a "state of affairs". Your own prejudice and misunderstanding is contributing to your false generalizations.
me,me,me,me,me,me!

oh, and I forgot to say, me!

justification enough for you for sure, because it suits you to be a servant.

how can you expect society to progress if you only think of your own personal situation?

Change must come from outside and within.

Instead of just thinking about what suits us in our day to day lives we need to effect change in the wider sphere.

This is the way ahead.

nnmartin

Seems to me that paying them is proper justification. We pay people all the time for services like tax preperation, auto repair, healthcare even personal grooming (barber, nail tech) and food preperation (restaurants). Why should it matter where they do it?

because having personal servants in the home is more for reasons of status and ego propping rather than for a needed function.