• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex and Religion

You think that Adults routinely:

• DO confuse sex and love, and your religion opposes sex outside of marriage.

• DO NOT confuse sex and love, and your religion opposes sex outside of marriage.

• DO confuse sex and love, and my religion does NOT opposes sex outside of marriage.

• DO NOT confuse sex and love, and my religion does NOT opposes sex outside of marriage.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ppp

As I mentioned recently, the only people I hear claiming that people routinely confuse sex and love are people who belong to religion with sanctions against sex outside of marriage.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So... uh...

... your poll options frame this as being about confusing sex and love

... but your opening post frames this as being about confusing sex and marriage.

So... uh... which is it?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, that makes more sense now, I was confused. Consider me an exception, I guess, to your present observations. :blush:

ppp

Okay, that makes more sense now, I was confused. Consider me an exception, I guess, to your present observations. :blush:
:)Sure. There are plenty of religious communities (and indivisuals) that don't impose such restrictions. Rather thann focusing on the facade of the institution, they focus upon interpersonal respect, agency and consent.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
No difference. I was simply careless. Assume the same pronoun

Okay. I chose adults do not routinely confuse sex and love, and my religion opposes sex outside of marriage.

I think most adults know the difference.

ppp

Okay. I chose adults do not routinely confuse sex and love, and my religion opposes sex outside of marriage.

I think most adults know the difference, as well.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As I mentioned recently, the only people I hear claiming that people routinely confuse sex and love are people who belong to religion with sanctions against sex outside of marriage.
Frankly, it looks to me like you are yourself confused. Do you love your parents, grandparents, children, best friends? What does sex have to do with any of that? And what does religion have to do with any of that -- or what does religion have to do with making love to your spouse. Do you utter a few prayers, light some candles and a bit of incense?

I'll go with @WalterTrull, and suspect you're just weird.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I always thought that opposition to "sex outside of marriage" was kind of weird. You can't find out whether you're compatible with your partner until AFTER you've committed to being so -- permanently.

Daft idea, in my opinion.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
People or person? As far as I know, I am the only person who claimed that people confuse sex and love and also has a religion with sanctions against sex outside of marriage.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't think most adults confuse sex with love. And I don't see religion encouraging that confusion.

I do think adolescents tend to confuse them. Which is unfortunate for them as it causes them to be easily sexually manipulated and abused.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I couldn't answer, no option for me.
I don't confuse sex and love, although sex with romantic love is pretty good.

I don't have a religion to interfere with my life

Last edited: