• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Acceptance

In the course of my life time I have seen may people of differing orientation struggle and fight to even get a foot hold in the door. My own orientation is despised, That got me to thinking, what is it that makes people so opposed to what people do in their own bed room?

I can understand if it is harmful like Pedophilia but sexuality like homosexuality and my own orientation involve no hurt parties yet in some counties the government would prefer to jail or kill the participants. (Thought I find it Ironic that people would send a gay man to jail where he is only going to be surrounded by angry sexually repressed prisoners that are going to sodomize him any way.)

So as people of higher religious understanding how would you approach the table of sexual acceptance? Do you think alternate religions should be outlawed or should people grow up and accept that not everyone's bedroom behavior is like theirs?

Let me here your opinions.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
In my view, what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is entirely up to them. Simple as that. :shrug: I've yet to understand why others think it is any of their business.

In my view, what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is entirely up to them. Simple as that. :shrug: I've yet to understand why others think it is any of their business.

Some times I think it is more of a struggling to accept that different strokes are for different folks.

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
Everyone has a right to express their sexuality in the way that they choose, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

stiletto

Naughty But Nice
Sexual practices, provided they cause no harm, are not the business of those not involved. I cannot understand the need for some people to concern themselves with the sexual practices of others. Perhaps envy?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
The problem with many people is that they think they are somehow in charge of the life of their fellow man. They see it is their job to correct the "problem." They also don't know the difference between homosexuals and pedophiles. For some reason, in today's society, those who know least about a subject feel inclined to mess with it. I mean, look at how the Democrats think they can solve the country's financial problems. :rolleyes:

no-body

I assume from the OP "zoophile" means bestiality. Animals can't really consent so it's a gray area. You could argue that you are taking advantage of them even if you aren't hurting them. But then again to play devils advocate I guess it's no worse than stringing them up and cutting their throats to eat them.

KatNotKathy

Animals cannot consent. If you have sex with an animal, you are raping it. Zoophilia is no better than pedophilia, in that in both cases the object of desire is incapable of consent so acting on it would be rape. In the cases where it's purely a fantasy, then it's still fantasizing about rape.

It's rightly despised.

no-body

Has anyone here ever heard the tale of "Mr. Hands"?

Yeah that's what I first thought of too. It brings to question is it "rape" if the animal is doing it to the person? Would it be rape if the animal was in heat and wanted it?

My gut instinct is to say these people are disgusting and need psychiatric assistance immediately. But on further reflection I don't really agree with the "injury to an animal" bit if you aren't truly raping it, it's a bit hypocritical when we kill animals in extremely painful ways.

That it's some sort of alternate sexuality however is patently absurd and not up for debate. Maybe a semi-acceptable fetish [mental illness] and that's stretching it.

KatNotKathy

Yeah that's what I first thought of too. It brings to question is it "rape" if the animal is doing it to the person?
Yes. Just like having sex with an underage boy. It's a matter of consent.

Would it be rape if the animal was in heat and wanted it?
Yes. When I was 12 I was horny as hell. Does that mean that adults should have been allowed to **** me?

My gut instinct is to say these people are disgusting and need psychiatric assistance immediately. But on further reflection I don't really agree with the "injury to an animal" bit if you aren't truly raping it, it's a bit hypocritical when we kill animals in extremely painful ways.
The fact that we kill animals is no excuse to rape them as well.

That it's some sort of alternate sexuality however is patently absurd and not up for debate. Maybe a semi-acceptable fetish [mental illness] and that's stretching it.
It's no more acceptable than pedophilia. If it's purely a fantasy and never acted on, then it's just sick, but if it's followed through on it becomes rape.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yep, acute peritonitis is a horrible way to die. Its a shame that he died that way, I am not going to say any more than that.

I agree its a shame.Its a shame in the same way anyone who chooses to engage in unusual risky activities sexual or not ends up dying as a result.

And I dont know why if he was so worried about his job and security clearance at Boeing he would have ever allowed someone to film him in these acts.That doesnt sound like someone to worried about their job.

Love

Dallas

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think that human sexuality is a basic, yet complicated part of being human. If two men consent to exploring sexual desire with each other, I cannot see that as being any more wrong than engaging in football together.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think that human sexuality is a basic, yet complicated part of being human. If two men consent to exploring sexual desire with each other, I cannot see that as being any more wrong than engaging in football together.

I agree..100%..But I think we got moved to talking about a man and some Arabian Stallions..(horses) "exploring sexual desire with each other"..

I think that sounds a little bit more like "Polo" than football.:confused:

Love

Dallas

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
In the course of my life time I have seen may people of differing orientation struggle and fight to even get a foot hold in the door. My own orientation is despised, That got me to thinking, what is it that makes people so opposed to what people do in their own bed room?

I can understand if it is harmful like Pedophilia but sexuality like homosexuality and my own orientation involve no hurt parties yet in some counties the government would prefer to jail or kill the participants. (Thought I find it Ironic that people would send a gay man to jail where he is only going to be surrounded by angry sexually repressed prisoners that are going to sodomize him any way.)

So as people of higher religious understanding how would you approach the table of sexual acceptance? Do you think alternate religions should be outlawed or should people grow up and accept that not everyone's bedroom behavior is like theirs?

Let me here your opinions.

I am a religious person and I DON'T care what you do in your bedroom. That is your business, as is your sexuality.

However, the only way I can find out about your choice of sexual partner is if you bring your sexuality into the public domain. And if I don't agree with your sexuality, and you bring it into the public domain, then you should at least be prepared to accept that I may voice my disagreement. That issue is compounded when you expect me, as someone who doesn't necessarily agree with your sexual choices, to accept your sexual choices by saying I think your actions are socially acceptable.

I think a lot of people forget that your freedom to express your opinions, views, and individuality does not take away my freedom to express my views, opinions, and individuality in disagreement of yours. Freedom to act a certain way is freedom from the government stopping you. It is not freedom from the criticism of others for your actions.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I am a religious person and I DON'T care what you do in your bedroom. That is your business, as is your sexuality.

However, the only way I can find out about your choice of sexual partner is if you bring your sexuality into the public domain. And if I don't agree with your sexuality, and you bring it into the public domain, then you should at least be prepared to accept that I may voice my disagreement. That issue is compounded when you expect me, as someone who doesn't necessarily agree with your sexual choices, to accept your sexual choices by saying I think your actions are socially acceptable.

I think a lot of people forget that your freedom to express your opinions, views, and individuality does not take away my freedom to express my views, opinions, and individuality in disagreement of yours. Freedom to act a certain way is freedom from the government stopping you. It is not freedom from the criticism of others for your actions.

I agree..If you dont want someone in your bedroom activities dont run around filming it and then call people "unaccepting" nosey bodies sticking their nose in your bedroom.

Some sexual acts are illegal for a REASON.Everyone can't just run around having sex with whoever and whatever wherever and just say everyone else has to "accept it"..No they dont in fact.

I cant just say "I like having sex on my neighbors roof with my dog" and you NEED to accept that! If you dont GET your nose out of my sexual preference!Its NONE of your BUSINESS!

And Im sorry not many people will "accept"..certain sexual preferences/fetishes ...Most people have boundreries as to what seems "acceptable" .And it has to be that way.

Because sexual preferences can lead all the way to getting sexually fullfilled by taking the life of another.

Common sense has to come into play.

Love

Dallas

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I find sexuality to be a very complicated issue, and too many hypocrites abound. I know one bisexual woman who, along with all of her friends, made fun of her ex-husband because he is also bi, and asked her if she would use a dildo on him.
As a bisexual transwoman, I find sexuality to be an odd concept when society is involved. It's not socially ok for a guy to have sexual fantasies with men, but it's normal for women to have them about guys, and for women to have sexual thoughts about other women. So, people will redicule me for saying another guy is attractive, but once I start to transition, and appear to be female, then my same sexual thoughts of men won't be seen as out of place....damn social double standards is all I can say.