• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual orientation of forum members

I am:

• heterosexual male

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • non-heterosexual male

Votes: 36 21.1%
  • heterosexual female

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • non-heterosexual female

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I assumed you wanted to get a real picture of the sexuality of RFers, not just a nice poll for people to click on. By the way, despite my orientation I'm happily married and we're doing just great.
Nope. I was hoping for a nice poll for people to click on, but I'm nevertheless pleased that you're happily married and doing great.

If we accept that heterosexual-male / heterosexual female are the norms, the poll asks whether or not you self identify with the norm. There are only three answers: yes; no; I don't want to play. I really am OK with any of them.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I voted heterosexual female, but I'm really more asexual. (Only very rarely attracted)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I voted heterosexual female, but I'm really more asexual. (Only very rarely attracted)
Can't really blame you. I find guys to be pretty unattractive too (hairy,
lumpy, noisy, uncouth, unclean, clueless, & always in need of a sammich)

But look at us straight guys go! We overwhelmingly outnumber the opposition.
We can crush them all!

4consideration

Premium Member
Can't really blame you. I find guys to be pretty unattractive too (hairy,
lumpy, noisy, uncouth, unclean, clueless, & always in need of a sammich)

But look at us straight guys go! We overwhelmingly outnumber the opposition.
We can crush them all!

Do your victory dance all you want, mister.

The way I see it, with heterosexual males at 32 and heterosexual females at 8, I'd say WE win. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do your victory dance all you want, mister.
The way I see it, with heterosexual males at 32 and heterosexual females at 8, I'd say WE win. ;)
That would mean you get 4 straight males.
You call that winning?
You'll spend all your time making sammiches for a bunch'o louts!

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No. I will make one gumbo, then sit back and let one rub my shoulders, one rub my feet, one feed me peeled grapes and the other one fan me. No problem.
You're thinking of gay males...they're the ones who would be so considerate.
The straight ones would just grab a bowl of gumbo, & then plop down in front of the boob tube to watch Kelly Bundy.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Heterosexual male.

I assumed you wanted to get a real picture of the sexuality of RFers, not just a nice poll for people to click on. By the way, despite my orientation I'm happily married and we're doing just great. And sexual orientation isn't genetic. I thought you knew that.

(Emphasis mine.)

Some studies have supposedly found a connection between both, although it's not 100% confirmed, as far as I know.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Another vote for a poorly designed poll. As well as the casual disregard of others' identities as less important because a member if the majority says so.

It reads as "i want to know who is normal and abnormal" not an honest and sincere attempt at pooling members.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Another vote for a poorly designed poll. As well as the casual disregard of others' identities as less important because a member if the majority says so.

It reads as "i want to know who is normal and abnormal" not an honest and sincere attempt at pooling members.

You read it that way. maybe others, but quite honestly, that sounds like psychological projection to me.

He simply wanted to know who was heterosexual and who was not :shrug:

Sure, he probably wanted to know who was of some sexuality he formerly or still thinks of as unconventional, but pretending that means he believe it is a wrong one, is... well I just don´t see what is to gain from pretending so :shrug:

Why do people like so much to feel offended :facepalm:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You see what you want to see.

Parenthetically, no one - no one - other than a complete moron could scan my relevant posts over my many years participating in these forums and fail to recognize a persistent and adamant defense of LBGT rights and a militant opposition to homophobia.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Ah no? o.o what led you to structure the thread that way then? (just asking)
To the best of my knowledge heterosexual orientation is the norm for both men and women. I was curious to know (a) how many people of each gender would vote, and (b) what percentage of each self-identify with the norm. Despite all the drivel polluting the thread, I am (as previously noted) totally disinterested in individual disclosure.

Me Myself

Back to my username
To the best of my knowledge heterosexual orientation is the norm for both men and women. I was curious to know (a) how many people of each gender would vote, and (b) what percentage of each self-identify with the norm. Despite all the drivel polluting the thread, I am (as previously noted) totally disinterested in individual disclosure.

Hum, nothing wrong with that at all... but that is exactly what I said I supposed you were doing, but with other words :p