• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoe is on the other foot: Prove there is not God.

AK4

Ok lets take this back a step, I think you should read through every post you have made in this thread, you are contradicting yourself at every turn.
Like..... if its about the eternal thing, when debating with those who think that eternity has something to do with time i just indulge them instead of correcting them and debate on their level of understanding of the word. But in truth i know it doesnt mean what they think it means

AK4

Problem is that you are required to form an opinion on someone else's opinion.
Merely calling your opinion the truth, does not make it so.
Agreed, but when coming to the scriptures, if my opinion agrees with scripture and doesnt contradict in any way then i would say im pretty much on the truth

Enlighten

Like..... if its about the eternal thing, when debating with those who think that eternity has something to do with time i just indulge them instead of correcting them and debate on their level of understanding of the word. But in truth i know it doesnt mean what they think it means

Why not correct people, if you are the only person in the world who understands the Word then don't indulge others "fantasies", that would be like me indulging someone by saying God doesn't exist!!

According to what I have read in your posts, you believe you are the only one who knows the truth here, so wow you must really be special.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
That is because you are not listening.

You could just draw a line on the ground and have a spitting contest and achieve just as much as you are by quoting scripture and contradicting it......:D

With all due respect those who believe the scriptures will not be able to convince anyone who doesn't or don't want to believe it.....Your attempts are wasted effort and maybe if you believe in prayer maybe that time would give better results. You can quote and copy the whole Bible but it won't prove anything to those who don't believe it....

Sorry Mestemia, but I had to add my two cents, which in this day and time maybe amounts to a penny.....:D

AK4

[

He is absolutely dependent upon it. There doesn’t have to be DNA; God could create humans by using an entirely different mapping system – in fact there doesn’t even have to be humans! But there is a direct contradiction implied by a God who has no causal abilities. So it still has to be shown how cause, which cannot be proved or explained and has no logical necessity in this world, can be attributed to a supposed world that is entirely beyond experience.

Don’t quite follow here. Please explain

I’m sorry but that is plainly absurd. You cannot love a thing that has no being. And a thing that doesn’t exist cannot be better off by existing.
A person cant have a burning desire for the welfare of their possible future kids he/she are planning to have, to make sure that they kids will have a better life than what they had, and they cant prepare all this, out of love of the possible kids they will have in the future? In this a new concept?

This 'kind of pleasure', that kind of pleasure! If God is omnipotent and all-sufficient then by definition he has everything. God has no needs or desires, which poses another question: why create the universe? Why create anything?
I wonder who thought up that God doesn’t have desires? I agree with the needs thing, but desires and wants? This is directly contradictory to the scriptures. Picture this, if you were an all powerful being with all the power to do everything, would you want to just sit on that power and never use it? Now if you use it, would that mean you wanted/desired to use even if you just used it for the h*ll of it? Would that make you less than what you were when you just sat on your power?

Walkntune

Unfortunately for you, hate is not merely the absence of love.
I realize that you will most likely not be able to comprehend this fact, but your inability to comprehend it does not make it any less true.
Since you comprehend this so well, is hate and love formulated out of our logical minds, or out of our fight and flight instinct responses ? I say love is based in faith and hate in fear which are opposite but would be willing to listen to your interpretation since you have the fact so comprehended.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
It is the limitless substance of all of creation in which we are instinctively connected and therefore we our aware of it and can be revealed knowledge through. The more resistant you become through freewill the less aware you become and the more you try and stand on logic for your rationality of reality.
This is what Tesla called it.
Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or a tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or Creative Force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena.

This is what Einstein called it
Einstein nodded: he was a good listener. After a pause he said, "The cosmic man must be restored, the whole man who is made in the image and likeness of the arch-force, which you may call God. This man thinks with his heart and not with party dogma. As I've explained before, there is an order in the universe – a cosmic order – and humans have the possibility of understanding these laws."
Einstein leaned back in his chair; so did I,putting my writing pad on my knees. He added, "I have no doubt that the allies will win the war."
I smiled, "Oh, you are my prophet again."
"Prophet or not," he scratched his head, "what I say is more often felt through intuition than thought through intellect."

They both understood this substance which the rest of science( except for those who are getting a grasp or intuitive sense of string theory) are missing the mark standing to much on logic and math equations which is not even lining up with reality.

I think Tesla grasped more of the truth than Einstein who still was hung a little in logic and not intuition.
Now I also believe in a creator of this substance and this substance is what God uses to sustain the universe. You might call it a form of energy but either way only a few great minds have come close to comprehending it and it's only because they were intuitive and had a connection with their instinct of truth and not relied solely on logic.
Telsa never succeeded in providing predictive results from his "ether" theory.

And your long post failed to answer the question.
Can love be quantifiably measured?

AK4

Why not correct people, if you are the only person in the world who understands the Word then don't indulge others "fantasies", that would be like me indulging someone by saying God doesn't exist!!

Well because when you mention the word God to non-believers and instantly a fence is put up. I am not the only one. There are thousands of papers out there on the net that argue both sides of the argument so then it becomes which one is scriptural and doesnt break any of the precepts and principles in the scriptures. You should read this Whence Eternity by Alexander Thompson
Whence Eternity? How Eternity Slipped In by Alexander Thomson

Ive studied both sides of the debate. Heres an easy on and see if you can see the contradiction. Some translations have Christ will reign for ever and ever yet what does this passage say

1 Corinthians 15:20-34 20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. F77 21 For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; 22 for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, F78 when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, after he has destroyed every ruler and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For "God F79 has put all things in subjection under his feet." But when it says, "All things are put in subjection," it is plain that this does not include the one who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to the one who put all things in subjection under him, so that God may be all in all.
So it should be obvious about Christ ruling for ever and ever

According to what I have read in your posts, you believe you are the only one who knows the truth here, so wow you must really be special

Is it just me or are they doing the same thing? I dont claim to have all the truth. Its me versus like four others. Just because i defend my position that makes me seem like i am the only one who knows the truth?

Walkntune

Telsa never succeeded in providing predictive results from his "ether" theory.

And your long post failed to answer the question.
Can love be quantifiably measured?

It is limitless my friend.
It is as far as the east is from the west or from one nail scarred hand to the other!!!

AK4

You could just draw a line on the ground and have a spitting contest and achieve just as much as you are by quoting scripture and contradicting it......:D

With all due respect those who believe the scriptures will not be able to convince anyone who doesn't or don't want to believe it.....Your attempts are wasted effort and maybe if you believe in prayer maybe that time would give better results. You can quote and copy the whole Bible but it won't prove anything to those who don't believe it....

Sorry Mestemia, but I had to add my two cents, which in this day and time maybe amounts to a penny.....:D
Thanks Charity. How are ya?

Enlighten

Well because when you mention the word God to non-believers and instantly a fence is put up. I am not the only one. There are thousands of papers out there on the net that argue both sides of the argument so then it becomes which one is scriptural and doesnt break any of the precepts and principles in the scriptures. You should read this Whence Eternity by Alexander Thompson
Whence Eternity? How Eternity Slipped In by Alexander Thomson

Ive studied both sides of the debate. Heres an easy on and see if you can see the contradiction. Some translations have Christ will reign for ever and ever yet what does this passage say

1 Corinthians 15:20-34 20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. F77 21 For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; 22 for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, F78 when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, after he has destroyed every ruler and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For "God F79 has put all things in subjection under his feet." But when it says, "All things are put in subjection," it is plain that this does not include the one who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to the one who put all things in subjection under him, so that God may be all in all.
So it should be obvious about Christ ruling for ever and ever

Is it just me or are they doing the same thing? I dont claim to have all the truth. Its me versus like four others. Just because i defend my position that makes me seem like i am the only one who knows the truth?

I'm not sure what you're seeing as a contradiction here, honestly you should take time to read scripture in it's entirety rather than a select verse here and there.

No, I'm not saying because your defending your position makes it seem like you are the only one that knows the truth. You yourself keep saying you do and not to class you alongside other Christians. That's where I am coming from.

Walkntune

Please provide the method for measuring love.
The method is the distance you are willing to step out of logic into faith!
Love is the creative substance of all existence and not subject to it's laws or your logic.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Love is the creative substance of all existence and not subject to it's laws or your logic.
So while you claim "love" is in effect "energy", you dismiss "love" as being subject to the
standards of measurement that is required for all mass and/or energy.

Instead, you insist that to accept your definition of love, one must rely on pure "faith", rather than the scientific methods that work so well with the rest of the known universe.

By removing the restrictions of evidence, you make all definitions equally valid.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Agreed, but when coming to the scriptures, if my opinion agrees with scripture and doesnt contradict in any way then i would say im pretty much on the truth
You miss the point.
The Bible is merely an opinion of what the scriptures say.
Then you have to form an opinion on what the Bible says.
Thus making your opinion, nothing more than an opinion on an opinion...

Problem here is that he is making claims as to what the Bible says, then refuses to present the verses that suppory this claim.

With all due respect those who believe the scriptures will not be able to convince anyone who doesn't or don't want to believe it.....
I tend to agree.
However, to make claims as to what the Bible says and then refusing to present the verses that support your opinion is nothing short of being dishonest.

Your attempts are wasted effort and maybe if you believe in prayer maybe that time would give better results. You can quote and copy the whole Bible but it won't prove anything to those who don't believe it....
Agreed.
But if you are going to make claims that the Bible says such and such and then flat out refuse to present the verses even when flat out asked you are not doing your god or the Bible any favours.

No problem.
I just find it rather curious that he will make claims then refuse to support said claim.
Leads me to think that he is either just making it all up or he is having to twist the hell out of the verse(s) (and knows he has to).

AK4

I'm not sure what you're seeing as a contradiction here, honestly you should take time to read scripture in it's entirety rather than a select verse here and there.

No, I'm not saying because your defending your position makes it seem like you are the only one that knows the truth. You yourself keep saying you do and not to class you alongside other Christians. That's where I am coming from.
It actually goes both ways. The sum of Gods word is truth Psalms 119:160. So according to scripture

Isa 28:13 - Therefore the word of the Lord will be to them, "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little;" in order that they may go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
Plus about five more witnesses as long as you dont break a precept you can pull a verse from here or there. Have you notice how the Apostles did this, but now theologians and critics of the bible make up new rules that this cant be done?

I dont remember saying i do. I do know though the truth of many many doctrines that christians teach and their origins and where and how they contradict. I put it this way, if you truly scrutinize any one of their doctrines and you dont believe in contradictions you will see 99% of their doctrines are unscriptural and guess what, most of them come from/stem from one false doctrine---freewill and the lucifer hoax.

AK4

I disagree. they both should go hand in hand. Some areas though it does take more faith than logic, but still it should be logical or plausible.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Since you comprehend this so well, is hate and love formulated out of our logical minds, or out of our fight and flight instinct responses ? I say love is based in faith and hate in fear which are opposite but would be willing to listen to your interpretation since you have the fact so comprehended.
Here is your problem.
faith and fear are not "opposites".
So your foundation premise is wrong.

Anything built on a false premise will not stand without your faith you are right.
Thus you are merely furthering my point from earlier:
Faith is a device of self-delusion, a sleight of hand done with words and emotions founded on any irrational notion that can be dreamed up. Faith is the attempt to coerce truth to surrender to whim. In simple terms, it is trying to breathe life into a lie by trying to outshine reality with the beauty of wishes.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Are you familiar at all with the term circular reasoning?

Cause you sure are using a lot of it here.