• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Christian churches be allowed in Muslim lands?

Should Christian churches be allowed in Muslim lands?

• No -- and they shouldn't allow any masajid, either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
You should only give opinion if the subject affects you.
Whether or not Muslims countries allow Christian churches DOES affect atheists. If the country does NOT allow churches, then they more than likely don't allow atheists either. (Whereas if they do allow churches, they might still not allow atheists.)

Unless you're claiming that it has to affect you directly. In which case no one is allowed to offer an opinion at all unless they are a Christian living in a Muslim country. Surely, that's not what you're saying.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
athiests are opposite to religion, you dont discuss about fire in a topic for water
Why not? Fire is affected by water and vice versa.

Look, if it were a conversation about the proper way to pray or who should be considered an Imam, then yes, I agree. Non-Muslims have no say since we have not invested anything into Islam. But we are talking about freedom of religion here. Every human has a right to voice their views on human rights.

Fluffy

A fool
nawab said:
exactly, so start another topic should Athiests be allowed in Muslim Countries.
Intolerance of Christians affects atheists and everyone else, not just Christians. If there is intolerance of Christians then anybody is allowed to stand by them and support them because intolerance is wrong. The same goes for Muslims, of course.

This thread is in the general debate section and so everybody is welcome to post in it. If you want to talk to other Muslims then that is fine but the appropriate place for that is the Muslim DIR. Similarly, if you want to talk to Muslims and Christians then go to the Abrahamic DIR or start a same-faith debate for Muslims+Christians.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No. Start your own Muslim-only thread and quit whining about it. An atheist started this thread in the first place.

gnomon

Well Bro,

Since your not a muslim or a christian, i Think you should keep your nose where it belongs. This topic is about Islam and churches not athiests.

It's called human rights. Now if you are not human.....

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Well, we could talk about that too. Or we could all discuss the topic in th OP here. I take it you don't ever have opinions on subjects outside of your experience, huh? Nothing interests you or affects you other than Islam?

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
A deputation from the Christian tribe of Najran visited him in Medina to exchange views on religious matters. It included several Church dignitaries. The conversation was held in the mosque and it extended over several hours. At one stage the leader of the deputation asked permission to depart from the mosque and to hold their religious service at some convenient spot. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
There is no need for you to go out of the mosque, because the mosque is the place to worship one God, if you want to do so, you have every freedom of worship, and holding the services in it. (Zurqani)

Taken from Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website.

Imagine what the orthodox clergy would do today if a Christian worshipped Christ in a mosque.

Smoke

Done here.
Since your not a muslim or a christian, i Think you should keep your nose where it belongs. This topic is about Islam and churches not athiests.

This thread is in an open forum and was, in fact, started by an atheist. Gnostic is not only welcome to post, but is almost certain to offer a more intelligent perspective than some other members.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Oh man I didn't realize this was a multiple choice thread. I only chose the first choice, but the second one also applies even moreso than the first.

Yes absolutely churches should be allowed to be built in muslim countries. This is guaranteed by shariah no less. The christians as well as the jews and everyone else has the right to choose whether they will worship Allah, Jesus, or nothing at all.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
i Think you should keep your nose where it belongs. This topic is about Islam and churches not athiests.
Nawab, please be quiet.

not only welcome to post, but is almost certain to offer a more intelligent perspective than some other members.
Comon ...

gnostic

The Lost One
nawab said:
Well Bro,

I see....

nawab said:
suppose if a Catholic and a Protestant is discussing about should Idols be approved or not and out of no where a Muslim comes and say no you shouldnt it doesnt make sense. So I beleive in order for you to demand something you have to deserve. You should only give opinion if the subject affects you.

I recognise that you are a Muslim...but since you are not living in Muslim country, then this topic also doesn't affect you.

Should you even post here, since it doesn't affect you?

gnostic

The Lost One
fullyveiled_muslimah said:
Oh man I didn't realize this was a multiple choice thread. I only chose the first choice, but the second one also applies even moreso than the first.
:biglaugh:

I also had the same problem too; :eek: I didn't realize it was multiple choice poll. I would have selected 2 as well.

Each individual should have the rights choice to choose what he or she believe and which religion is suitable for the individual.

nawab

Yes I should post because I am a Muslim and i also live in a Muslim country even though I am temporarily living in Hong Kong. Plus it also effects me because My Christian friends in Pakistan will tell me that they cant worship in a church but I can worship in a Masjid in HK. so it does effect me I am qualified, which your not. You are just looking to have fun

I see....

I recognise that you are a Muslim...but since you are not living in Muslim country, then this topic also doesn't affect you.

Should you even post here, since it doesn't affect you?

gnostic

The Lost One
I still can't see the relevancy of why I should be excluded from this thread, considering the General Religious Debate is opened to all, and that MidnightBlue is an atheist who started this topic in the 1st place.

Also there are other atheists and agnostics, but you seem intent in singling me out, specifically.

nawab

I dont think this topic is about Human Rights its about Christian rights

Why not? Fire is affected by water and vice versa.

Look, if it were a conversation about the proper way to pray or who should be considered an Imam, then yes, I agree. Non-Muslims have no say since we have not invested anything into Islam. But we are talking about freedom of religion here. Every human has a right to voice their views on human rights.