• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Christians celebrate Christmas

Yeah. That's wrong. In fact, that's got to be one of the most bizarre bastardizations of Pagan lore I've ever heard.
"Wreaths are circular so in son god tradition they represent the female sexual organ. Also, with fertility and the circle of life. Also, Ashtaroth, Semiramus aka the Queen of Heaven.

The counterpart male version of the wreath is the decorated Christmas tree. It represents the complete phallic symbol of Nimrod. A sun god burst at the top represents sun god origins that is attributed to sun of god deities."

So I was right about the tree representing the penis of Nimrod.

Last edited:

Forgemaster

Heretic
"Put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth (Easter) from among you and prepare your hearts unto the Lord and serve him only."1 Samuel 7:3-4

Again this is just a commandment, no where does it state he is the only one, in fact this acknowledges there are other gods. Your God simply wants us to focus on him, he's just selfish

Forgemaster

Heretic
Why does he want foreskins? That seems like an odd thing to ask for doesn't it? And how did he bring that up in a conversation?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Even though it is a pagan holiday and comes from pagan origins?

Yes and no.

Yes, because the reasons pagans celebrated Christmas is totally different than the purpose of Christian celebration (thinking of the actual celebration and remembrance of Christ's birth)

No, because I'm thinking of what an ol' RF JW said. Why have anything pagan in a Christian's faith? Good or bad.

Demonslayer

Why does he want foreskins? That seems like an odd thing to ask for doesn't it? And how did he bring that up in a conversation?

Who knows what he does with them, maybe he makes foreskin lamps or something.

All I know is the universe's most awesomely powerful all-mighty being is extremely concerned with the human foreskin. I mean you can't turn three pages of the Bible without running into a foreskin reference.

Parsimony

Given that the meanings of symbols can differ from one time period to another and from one culture to another, I see nothing wrong with it. It depends on what it means to you personally. If you don't like Christmas trees or wreaths, then you can focus solely on the birth of Jesus and celebrate Christmas that way.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Also, why call it Christmas @NathanShepard8888 ? You're celebrating your Lord's birth. Paganism should't even enter your mind if you really want to reflect on Christ. Celebrate it in August. Have a Bible study. Take some time to reflect in your church.

What is wrong with Christmas if you are doing it in the light of your Lord and not of paganism?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course they should celebrate Christmas but perhaps it's important that they realise (cause most don't seem to) the origins on certain dates and particular traditions and if they don't mind about the pagan origins then no worries. And if not, perhaps they can make some changes.

Given that the meanings of symbols can differ from one time period to another and from one culture to another, I see nothing wrong with it. It depends on what it means to you personally. If you don't like Christmas trees or wreaths, then you can focus solely on the birth of Jesus and celebrate Christmas that way.
Also, why call it Christmas @NathanShepard8888 ? You're celebrating your Lord's birth. Paganism should't even enter your mind if you really want to reflect on Christ. Celebrate it in August. Have a Bible study. Take some time to reflect in your church.

What is wrong with Christmas if you are doing it in the light of your Lord and not of paganism?
Of course they should celebrate Christmas but perhaps it's important that they realise (cause most don't seem to) the origins on certain dates and particular traditions and if they don't mind about the pagan origins then no worries. And if not, perhaps they can make some changes.

Is not about what it means to me or anyone else. If God remembers the child sacrifices for Easter, and the tradition of pagans in Christmas then I should avoid it since that is what The Most High tells us to do.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Let me ask. If you celebrate Easter, are You celebrating Christs resurrection or are you celebrating the same thing pagans do?

What is your intent behind your practice? Jesus Christ or paganism?

Does the origin of Easter void Your celebration of Christ?

Does it delute it or is it just a historical fact with No spiritual significance to your worship?

Christianity does have paganism in it. In other words, it has syncrenicity of religions that came before it (translation).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is not about what it means to me or anyone else. If God remembers the child sacrifices for Easter, and the tradition of pagans in Christmas then I should avoid it since that is what The Most High tells us to do.

Why call it Christmas then? Celebrate it in August. Go to bible study. The point is you are remembering christ's birth. Yet christians take communion all the time and thats pagan. I dont get how Your celebration and worship to christ all of the sudden becomes pagan because it is called christmas. Change the name.

EDIT

Think about it. God was against what Pagans did.

Are you doing the same activities or are you going to actually celebrate Christ birth which Im sure god is not against?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Here is another question.

How do you equate the celebration of Christ's birth with pagan practices?

What makes the birth of Jesus pagan?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If the Christian god was against what Pagans did, which Pagan practices, specifically, were the issue? And why was this god against it, considering the strong parallels between the practices?

I suspect the answer was politics. Politics that existed several hundred years ago that are not really relevant in the modern day. But I'd defer to a scholar on this one.

Mostly, I'm still trying to figure out how one could even have a cohesive Abrahamic religion if one tries to purge it of all Pagan antecedents. That, and trying not to think about the underlying prejudice going on when group A refuses to use stuff from group B because group B is "icky" or some such. It just makes me cringe hard inside, and it unsettles me whenever I see it.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Even though it is a pagan holiday and comes from pagan origins?
Here lies the problem;
Christmas IS a Christian celebration, it is the Mass of Christ.
This is distinct from any other celebration around the same time, it has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus, it is simply the celebration of Christ
Because the Romans were calculated enough to align Pagan feasts with the new Christian propaganda shouldn't deter anyone from celebrating Christmas

K
Why call it Christmas then? Celebrate it in August. Go to bible study. The point is you are remembering christ's birth. Yet christians take communion all the time and thats pagan. I dont get how Your celebration and worship to christ all of the sudden becomes pagan because it is called christmas. Change the name.

EDIT

Think about it. God was against what Pagans did.

Are you doing the same activities or are you going to actually celebrate Christ birth which Im sure god is not against?
Are you going to worship someone how you want to worship them or how they want you to worship them.

Again this is just a commandment, no where does it state he is the only one, in fact this acknowledges there are other gods. Your God simply wants us to focus on him, he's just selfish
Ephesians 4:6 "(There is) One God." His name is the Most High. There cannot be multiple most highs.

Parsimony

Sorry, but I don't buy the whole "if a symbol was bad at one time, then it's bad forever" thing, since these symbols are human inventions and therefore subject to change. If you want to get technical, I'm sure God remembers times in the past when a Christian was a sinner, but it doesn't matter to Him because He cares more about your current state than your past. I don't see why it would be any different for a holiday.