• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Christians celebrate Christmas

Why call it Christmas then? Celebrate it in August. Go to bible study. The point is you are remembering christ's birth. Yet christians take communion all the time and thats pagan. I dont get how Your celebration and worship to christ all of the sudden becomes pagan because it is called christmas. Change the name.

EDIT

Think about it. God was against what Pagans did.

Are you doing the same activities or are you going to actually celebrate Christ birth which Im sure god is not against?

You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Deuteronomy 12:31

God knows the origin of these holidays and what they really mean. He also knows your heart.
The Heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understandnit?" Jeremiah 17:9

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Deuteronomy 12:31

God knows the origin of these holidays and what they really mean. He also knows your heart.
The Heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understandnit?" Jeremiah 17:9

Dont call it christmas. Dont do animal sacrifices. Instead celebrate by bible study. Go to church. Worship Christ. Celebrate as you would in communion Christ's birth.

Dont DO what the pagans do. That isnt Christ's Mass. The origin does not void YOUR worship.

ALSO

"They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods."

Are you going to do this on your celebration of Christ birth or will it be more worship to Christ?

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
"Wreaths are circular so in son god tradition they represent the female sexual organ. Also, with fertility and the circle of life. Also, Ashtaroth, Semiramus aka the Queen of Heaven.

The counterpart male version of the wreath is the decorated Christmas tree. It represents the complete phallic symbol of Nimrod. A sun god burst at the top represents sun god origins that is attributed to sun of god deities."

So I was right about the tree representing the penis of Nimrod.

Ehh, depends on the tradition probably. The balls on trees symbolize fruit or fertility if I'm not mistaken. I'd ask legitimately practicing Pagans before one goes around saying what things specifically symbolize though.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Personally, I have a hard time even trying to believe in a deity so narcissistic as to be particular as to how they are loved and recognized. To demand "worship" in specific ways, when reverence should come naturally from the heart and shown however a person best can on a personal basis, is an ego-stroking thing. Why would a deity have an ego?

Show love and reverence for the deity you believe in in the way you feel you best can. In the way that seems natural to you. That simple.

The latter. Thats why its a celebration and worship not a pagan holiday. The origins shouldnt void your worship.
Sorry, but I don't buy the whole "if a symbol was bad at one time, then it's bad forever" thing, since these symbols are human inventions and therefore subject to change. If you want to get technical, I'm sure God remembers times in the past when a Christian was a sinner, but it doesn't matter to Him because He cares more about your current state than your past. I don't see why it would be any different for a holiday.
Personally, I have a hard time even trying to believe in a deity so narcissistic as to be particular as to how they are loved and recognized. To demand "worship" in specific ways, when reverenceuld come naturally from the heart and shown however a person best can on a personal basis, is an ego-stroking thing. Why would a deity have an ego?

Show love and reverence for the deity you believe in in the way you feel you best can. In the way that seems natural to you. That simple.[/QUOTE

I know what your saying. God knows your heart. Jeremiah 19.9 "The heart is deceitful above all tthing and beyond cure. Who can understand it.
In Deuteronomy 12.31 God says, "You must not worship the LORD your God in their way because in worshipping their gods they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

So to celebrate Easter although its named after a goddess, by painting eggs which is what pagans use to do with the blood of their babies....does that make it okay? Because we dedicated the holiday to God Most High.

I know what your saying. God knows your heart. Jeremiah 19.9 "The heart is deceitful above all tthing and beyond cure. Who can understand it.
In Deuteronomy 12.31 God says, "You must not worship the LORD your God in their way because in worshipping their gods they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

So to celebrate Easter although its named after a goddess, by painting eggs which is what pagans use to do with the blood of their babies....does that make it okay? Because we dedicated the holiday to God Most High

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

So to celebrate Easter although its named after a goddess, by painting eggs which is what pagans use to do with the blood of their babies....does that make it okay? Because we dedicated the holiday to God Most High.

Do you get what Im saying? I think you are hung up over the words and history.

If you celebrate Christ's birth are you going to do animal sacrifices? Are you going to have presents around a christmas tree?

If so, That is pagan.

If not, thats cool. Worship Christ's birth as God wants you to. How is that wrong? How is worship for a particular event "in christ's life" wrong?

@NathanShepard8888 read post 42

Draka

Wonder Woman
So to celebrate Easter although its named after goddess by painting eggs which is what pagans use to do with the blood of their babies....does that make it okay? Because we dedicated the holiday to God Most High.
Woah! What??? Where on earth did you get the painting with the blood of babies thing? Red is a color commonly used for the eggs (a symbol of birth and rebirth) yes, and red itself is a color to symbolize love, passion, energy and more, and Ostara is not only celebrating the rebirth of Earth and the bloom of Spring, but the love of the God and Goddess and their bringing new life. I don't see how using the blood of babies plays into that.

Oh, and Pascha is not Ostara. They fall on different days completely. Many of the traditions from Ostara have been used for "Easter", but no one is making anyone celebrate that way. Celebrate Pascha and have at your own thing.

Dont call it christmas. Dont do animal sacrifices. Instead celebrate by bible study. Go to church. Worship Christ. Celebrate as you would in communion Christ's birth.

Dont DO what the pagans do. That isnt Christ's Mass. The origin does not void YOUR worship.

ALSO

"They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods."

Are you going to do this on your celebration of Christ birth or will it be more worship to Christ?
Remember Cain. He had good intentions to give a sacrifice to God and it wasn't accepted. Now imagine if he used methods used to worship different gods. How much more would his gift be hated.

Parsimony

Given that I'm not worshiping God or anything else by putting up Christmas trees, it's a moot point. I only do it for my own enjoyment.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Remember Cain. He had good intentions to give a sacrifice to God and it wasn't accepted. Now imagine if he used methods used to worship different gods. How much more would his gift be hated.

You are totally not getting it.

Tommorow. Go to church. Cross you hands. Pray and say "thank you Christ. Thank you Lord for your coming here on earth as your son. Thank you"

Unlock your hands. Go home.

Fix dinner for your family.

Pray together over your food.

Eat.

That is celebration of your Lord's Birth.

Others call it Christmas. How is what you did wrong?

Scott C.

Just one guy
Even though it is a pagan holiday and comes from pagan origins?

Christmas is a beautiful Christian holiday where the spirit of love and of Christ abound. It's a beautiful tradition and holiday that stirs souls to greater heights. It reminds us of the Savior. It creates wonderful family traditions and memories. Surely the heavens approve and send their blessings. The special feelings and kindness that come with the season are not coincidences and come from God, who smiles on the season.

Enjoy this (if you want):
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/share-the-gift?lang=eng

Draka

Wonder Woman
God said do not worship Him the way others worship their gods.
Why is he petty and egotistical then? Should it truly matter the way in how someone shows reverence and love if it truly comes from the heart? If I prefer white roses should I shun the love shown to me if someone brings me daisies?

Remember the golden calf. The Israelites and foreigners found a way to worship like others did with foreign gods. They intended on worshipping the Most High in a pagan way. Just dancing and singing around a golden calf dedicated to Yahweh.

Ultimately God ordered them killed. Why did God care?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Deuteronomy 12:31 "You must not worship Yahweh your God in their way."
I think you are taking it out of context.

30beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?' 31"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.32"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Decorating a home in greenery can in no wise be called "abominable". The giving of presents is not either. Maybe lying about Santa Claus might be.

Colossians 2:16

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Remember the golden calf. The Israelites and foreigners found a way to worship like others did with foreign gods. They intended on worshipping the Most High in a pagan way. Just dancing and singing around a golden calf dedicated to Yahweh.

They were worshipping it. defined: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
bible-study1-300x199.jpg
images

There is no animal sacrifice. No child sacrifice. No baby blood. This is Christmas.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Damn good question. Why did he care? Why reject their reverence just because it wasn't what he'd prefer? It was still reverence.

Again, just because I may prefer white roses it doesn't mean I will turn away love shown with daisies.