• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
As well with Trumps own safety.
I noticed some recent resignations at either 'State' or the White House. The resignations are over there being evidence that The IDF is preventing supplies from reaching civilians in Gaza while the US still claims the IDF is innocent in this matter. I don't have specific information or names.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

edit: Consider any reasons for or against jail time.
He's wealthy, so he will be sentenced to some token thing. They'll take into consideration not only his age but how crazy he is. They'll decide that the stress of the trial is his sentence.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Trump is a threat to society, he just has to hint for trouble and his rabid followers take action.

Jail would make that threat much worse

If he were an ordinary guy without the money and following would he get jail time?

A difficult decision that I'm glad i don't have to take.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This case was definitely minor compare to thr Jan 6th and probably others.

The very fact that a common crime is being discussed in the political forums shows that he needs to pay for his crimes.

Franklin, he deserves no better. Never did, never will.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Trump is not a flight risk
What do you base that assessment on? Is that based on his ready access to cash, or on his owning his own private plane? Is that based on the fact that he owns property in various countries? Or that he has multiple international contacts? Or is this assessment just based on Trump's honourable personal character?

Hard to imagine someone who is more of a flight risk.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trump is not a flight risk , so no.

Say what people may, Trump actually faces his accusers and can take the penalties, if any, in stride should it occur.
He faced his accusers. He had a trial, what do you think was going on? Trump even had a chance to testify.

I wouldn't put him away for the maximum 20 years that he could get, but anything less than two would be too little.

A lot depends upon Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The judge will have a hard time justifying a sentence that is grossly more than any other defendant would get with similar convictions. A lot will depend on recommendations of Trump's probation officer after interview before the trial.
I am sure that the judge is checking this out. His maximum is twenty. Though he was found guilty of 34 counts they would all be served concurrently.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trump is a threat to society, he just has to hint for trouble and his rabid followers take action.

Jail would make that threat much worse

If he were an ordinary guy without the money and following would he get jail time?

A difficult decision that I'm glad i don't have to take.
Are you implying that we go for the death penalty?? That may be a tad to harsh.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Your post provides information that lessens my concern that a large radical reaction will occur.
Why would you feel concern, the judge has been very reasonable and given quite a bit of tolerance for Trump's actions. And what radical reaction are you referring to?

Considering he’s a first time offender, jail time for these crimes would be excessive. He should get probation.
The problem for Trump is how he showed disrespect for the judge, witnesses, the legal system, lied constantly, threatened the judge's daughter, and violated the gag order 11 times, that all can be considered. Defendants who show respect and remorse for their acts get better sentences. The only thing Trump has going for him is the dilemma of his position as ex-president with protection from secret service, and him being a candidate. He also has the means to appeal and apveal and appeal, which will go on past the election. It really doesn't matter what the sentence is, Trump wll be able to delay it through appeals. If he doesn't win the election, and doesn't incite another organized violent attack, the legal system will run its course. Cannon and the SCOTUS won't have any reason to cover for him and delay due process.
The judge will have a hard time justifying a sentence that is grossly more than any other defendant would get with similar convictions. A lot will depend on recommendations of Trump's probation officer after interview before the trial.
Correct. It will be on Trump to be honest and contrite in the interview with the probation officer. I'm guessing he will be in the meeting alone and without any lawyer feeding him answers. I've heard he will get a mental health assessment too, which will likley not be a good outcome for Trump. My question is if these reports will be public record or sealed. If they are public record I could see Trump's lawyers filed a motion for secrecy, and the basis of that being privacy and national security. Frankly I think the reports should be public record so that we can know the results of his mental health assessment. It is of public interest to know these results for a candidate for president, and if there is any abnormality or defect. The public really hasn't had any honest reports of Trump's health since 2016. The reports that have been released are untrue and absurd.

Pogo

He faced his accusers. He had a trial, what do you think was going on? Trump even had a chance to testify.

I wouldn't put him away for the maximum 20 years that he could get, but anything less than two would be too little.

A lot depends upon Trump.
Maximum is 4 years for this level of felony in NY. Typical non-violent first offender gets much less.

We Never Know

No Slack
True.

"Sentencing is at the judge's discretion. While jail is an option, it's not usually assigned for this type of crime in Manhattan, legal experts and former prosecutors point out, especially for first-time offenders"

Pogo

True.

"Sentencing is at the judge's discretion. While jail is an option, it's not usually assigned for this type of crime in Manhattan, legal experts and former prosecutors point out, especially for first-time offenders"

Since the monetary fines allowed for this offence are meaningless to Trump, he will just get his sycophants to pay them and probation trivial, I suggest community service. Specifically 100 hours or so cleaning tidal wetlands or other swamp like areas.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

Whatever sentence he gets should be the same as any other person would get, no more and no less

We Never Know

No Slack
Since the monetary fines allowed for this offence are meaningless to Trump, he will just get his sycophants to pay them and probation trivial, I suggest community service. Specifically 100 hours or so cleaning tidal wetlands or other swamp like areas.
One thing you need to remember... Where ever you want him to go, the SS goes with him.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

No, lesser will do due to the nature of the crime and precedence.
Only case is if he don't behave at the sentencing hearing.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah, but these are generally low traffic areas that shouldn't be hard to control access to, especially if they are not announced beforehand.
You missed the point.

You want Trump sent to tidal wetlands or other swamp like areas. Why?

I am assuming because they aren't the most pleasant places.

So in turn you are also sending the SS to those unpleasant places.