• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Pogo

You missed the point.

You want Trump sent to tidal wetlands or other swamp like areas. Why?

I am assuming because they aren't the most pleasant places.

So in turn you are also sending the SS to those unpleasant places.
No so he could make good on a campaign promise and Clean up the Swamp.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Maximum is 4 years for this level of felony in NY. Typical non-violent first offender gets much less.
Interesting, I heard twenty. If it is only four then a suspended sentence may be reasonable. Though he should still get hit with contempt of court.

We Never Know

No Slack
I have thought about it.
I see no reason that the SS should be a factor in sentencing.

Perhaps you can stop being coy and reveal the reason?
Not being coy. Just didn't think anyone couldn't figure out that a former president has secret service detail for the rest of his life, where he goes, they go.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's all been pretty well summarized here. Going for Trump is the fact that he has no criminal record and was convicted of low-level, non-violent felonies that generally do not lead to jail time. Also, there is the special circumstance that makes a judge want to err on the side of leniency for optics. Plus, the prosecution has already been quite aggressive bringing charges that Vance and earlier Bragg himself dithered over and elevating the crimes to felonies using a little creativity.

Going against him, as @F1fan noted, Trump is remorseless, vows revenge, is defiant, is disrespectful of the judge and court, continues to disparage the legal process with lies, continues to violate gag orders, and promotes violence.

Also, prison is likely in his future anyway.

So, I don't mind probation here. The damage is done. Trump has been disgraced again, he is now a convicted felon, and as such, is now unwelcome in countries like the UK and Canada. His right to vote has been challenged (looks like he can, but the damage comes from having to defend that right), and he has to get clearance from a parole officer to campaign outside of New York. He'll be going into the nominating convention with all of that baggage plus the dementia issue and the upcoming trials.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Not being coy. Just didn't think anyone couldn't figure out that a former president has secret service detail for the rest of his life, where he goes, they go.
I do understand that the SS is going to be along for whatever ride sentencing gives to Trump.
I still do not see why it should be a factor in the sentencing.

And thus far, you have not provided any reason it should be considered during sentencing.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's all been pretty well summarized here. Going for Trump is the fact that he has no criminal record and was convicted of low-level, non-violent felonies that generally do not lead to jail time. Also, there is the special circumstance that makes a judge want to err on the side of leniency for optics. Plus, the prosecution has already been quite aggressive bringing charges that Vance and earlier Bragg himself dithered over and elevating the crimes to felonies using a little creativity.

Going against him, as @F1fan noted, Trump is remorseless, vows revenge, is defiant, is disrespectful of the judge and court, continues to disparage the legal process with lies, continues to violate gag orders, and promotes violence.

Also, prison is likely in his future anyway.

So, I don't mind probation here. The damage is done. Trump has been disgraced again, he is now a convicted felon, and as such, is now unwelcome in countries like the UK and Canada. His right to vote has been challenged (looks like he can, but the damage comes from having to defend that right), and he has to get clearance from a parole officer to campaign outside of New York. He'll be going into the nominating convention with all of that baggage plus the dementia issue and the upcoming trials.
Trump's place of residency is Florida, not New York.
Assuming he gets probation, I'm curious if they will let him transfer his probation to his home state.

We Never Know

No Slack
I do understand that the SS is going to be along for whatever ride sentencing gives to Trump.
I still do not see why it should be a factor in the sentencing.

And thus far, you have not provided any reason it should be considered during sentencing.
Good grief!
Lets say trump was sentenced to community service of picking up trash along the highway.

1. A former president being along side the open roadway
2. SS detail being along side the roadway to protect said former president

Do you not think that would hinder the flow of traffic?

Hell just them traveling hinders traffic flow.

So that wouldn't be a good sentence. C'mon man. Think!

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't believe this conviction warrants imprisonment. And I doubt very seriously that it will be the result.

Unless Trump himself makes it necessary by threatening the judge, jurors, or doing something along those lines.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Good grief!
Lets say trump was sentenced to community service of picking up trash along the highway.

1. A former president being along side the open roadway
2. SS detail being along side the roadway to protect said former president

Do you not think that would hinder the flow of traffic?

Hell just them traveling hinders traffic flow.

So that wouldn't be a good sentence. C'mon man. Think!
FINALLY!
An actual reason.

Though a rather weak one IMO.

Can not help but wonder if the sentencing will be more harsh because of the SS...?

I doubt it, but one can always hope.