• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Pogo

No! That was Hitler.

Oh, OK Secret Service. Interesting thought though. I can't see them going to jail with him. Perhaps they would decide that he was safe in jail, with reasonable precautions.
Actually I can see it as a money saving alternative, just replace some of the prison guards with Schutzstaffel, they shouldn't have too much trouble with minimum guard qualifications and wouldn't need a large detail with cars and everything else.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Actually I can see it as a money saving alternative, just replace some of the prison guards with Schutzstaffel, they shouldn't have too much trouble with minimum guard qualifications and wouldn't need a large detail with cars and everything else.
Seems to me the only way to ensure Trumps safety in jail/prison is either solitary confinement or his own wing.
Then the SS would only need to guard the door.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Seems to me the only way to ensure Trumps safety in jail/prison is either solitary confinement or his own wing.
They'd have to protect him from all those New York criminals, and we all know that the majority of New Yorkers vote democrat.

Laniakea

Not of this world
What do you base that assessment on? Is that based on his ready access to cash, or on his owning his own private plane? Is that based on the fact that he owns property in various countries? Or that he has multiple international contacts? Or is this assessment just based on Trump's honourable personal character?

Hard to imagine someone who is more of a flight risk.
Really? Where has he fled to after being indicted 3 times? I've seen him attend all the court hearings, no matter where they are.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The strategy is to leave people like you for Trump and educate the educable.
Good luck! Trump is now beating biden in New York. Yes, New York! Hahaha!

An Emerson College Polling/The Hill/PIX11 survey found Biden leading Trump 48 percent to 41 percent, with 12 percent undecided. When undecided voters are factored in, the incumbent’s lead stretches to 10 points, 55 percent to 45 percent.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Which has absolutely nothing to do with Trumps conviction.
It was just 23 minutes ago that you posted what I replied to, which was about Trump's security in jail.
Keep up! It wasn't as if the post was made a week ago.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It was just 23 minutes ago that you posted what I replied to, which was about Trump's security in jail.
Keep up! It wasn't as if the post was made a week ago.
Why would Antifa or BLM "peaceful protesters" be required to be housed with Trump?

Like I said, absolutely nothing to do with it.

Pogo

Just lock it and throw away the key. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Agreed, jail is excessive, fines are pointless since we don't fine proportional to income like some European speeding fines, probation for something it would be hard for him to do again isn't much of anything. That said the idea that he does have a debt to society for his infraction of societies rules and should get something beyond a slap on the wrist, I think community service of some kind is appropriate.

My idea of trash picking in a swamp may not be feasible, but it is poetic.
I do not know about that. I think that a day or two in jail for contempt of court could be very educational for Trump. He still has three more trials coming and he should face some consequences for his violating reasonable court orders. He is far less likely to do so again if he realizes that judges can and will put him in jail for attacking jurors and witnesses.