• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

edit: Consider any reasons for or against jail time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.
Trump is not a flight risk , so no.

Say what people may, Trump actually faces his accusers and can take the penalties, if any, in stride should it occur.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

Yes. For a year. Followed by 3 probation.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Trump is not a flight risk , so no.

Say what people may, Trump actually faces his accusers and can take the penalties, if any, in stride should it occur.
Because Trump's situation is unique I don't think this is an easy call. Just as when a Judge employs measures to ensure the safety of court officers or the jury, There are concerns for the public welfare to be considered in my opinion.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I could see house arrest being possible. But the issue is sorta irrelevant. He will appeal as soon as the sentence is stated. For a white collar crime it is likely the sentence will be stayed until after the appeal, which could take 18 months, well after the election. Trump might get a short jail time for violations of the gag order. That wouldn't be subject to appeal.

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Jailing someone for just 34 felonies seems a little excessive. I'd say start thinking about that idea if he hits a nice round 50.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of the commentaries I've been reading mention that one of the factors in sentencing is whether or not the convict displays any sense of remorse or regret for their actions. That is, those who actually have a conscience are given a lighter sentence because they want to do right by society and do better for others (aka, to play nice and get along).

Dumpster fire is a remorseless sociopathic egomaniacal narcissist who wouldn't know what a "conscience" is if it smacked them in the face. Repeatedly.

If they do not get prison time, it would only be because they are getting special treatment as a former president. They've been getting that throughout this entire process already and their prior conviction as a rapist. Unfortunately there is not much reason to suspect they will not be treated with toddler gloves now... in spite of absolutely deserving to be treated with clapped irons.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Considering he’s a first time offender, jail time for these crimes would be excessive. He should get probation.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I could see house arrest being possible. But the issue is sorta irrelevant. He will appeal as soon as the sentence is stated. For a white collar crime it is likely the sentence will be stayed until after the appeal, which could take 18 months, well after the election. Trump might get a short jail time for violations of the gag order. That wouldn't be subject to appeal.
Your post provides information that lessens my concern that a large radical reaction will occur.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I think he should be sentenced to 4 years in the White House, and forced to make this country great again, just as he did the first time when he did it voluntarily.
Call it 4 years of community service.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I think he should be sentenced to 4 years in the White House, and forced to make this country great again, just as he did the first time when he did it voluntarily.
Who do you think Trump will pick as a VP candidate?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Because Trump's situation is unique I don't think this is an easy call. Just as when a Judge employs measures to ensure the safety of court officers or the jury, There are concerns for the public welfare to be considered in my opinion.
As well with Trumps own safety.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
He has a much better chance at becoming President again that way than he does at winning the election

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I would prefer he paid a $1000 fine per lie.
The money collected starts with paying off the National Debt.
After that is paid, put the money back into Social Security.
Then get the highways rebuilt.
that will give us about a year to figure out how to spend the money gained for the next three years.
What if the lies of VP candidates were added to 'the Big Guy's?