• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should i start my own religion?

kloth

for starters i gotta tell you it's not based on any solid proof of anything. it's basically based on wishful thinking and the hope that the afterlife will come true for the deserving followers because we want a certain afterlife...that we deserve according to a higher being.

basically we (or just me for now) believe hell is on earth and humans are being tested by demons that take form as humans.
if we don't join the demons ways (you know the motto: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em). if we stay strong and not join the demons, then we make it to the afterlife.
the afterlife being heaven on earth according to what we want...forever. we can travel through space, travel back in time, we can swim like the fishes and fly like the birds just to name a few things.
basically earth and our bodies will be perfect for us and stay that way.

all i need is a name for this religion.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Sounds like mine. Nexusism/Nexusiyyah is nothing but a theological system based off my own ramblings and theological philosophies.

The issue is that making a religion from wishful thinking is doing just that. There is no reason for it.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Sure! Start your own religion. I've known people who have started their own religions: They call it a religion of one (member). I am not good at naming things so you're on your own in naming it.

Of course, I think my own faith is a lot more than wishful thinking.

PastorClark

Agnostic Christain
I say "hell on earth", would be a better term for your religion. Without having a main figure in the mixed to worship, it would lean towards of a philosophy then a religion.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Anybody can start their own religion. Jim Jones did a pretty good job at it I heard.

Anybody know what happened to him and his religion?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Anybody can start their own religion. Jim Jones did a pretty good job at it I heard.

Anybody know what happened to him and his religion?

Yeah. It happened on my 13th birthday. Imagine hearing horrible things like that on the day you become a teenager. I didn't drink Kool-Aid for years after that.

kloth

Sounds like mine. Nexus-ism/Nexusiyyah is nothing but a theological system based off my own ramblings and theological philosophies.

The issue is that making a religion from wishful thinking is doing just that. There is no reason for it.
i doubt it is like mine. mine isn't about rambling, it's about things that make sense. it might give people hope...followers preferably. :yes:

kloth

Sure! Start your own religion. I've known people who have started their own religions: They call it a religion of one (member). I am not good at naming things so you're on your own in naming it.

Of course, I think my own faith is a lot more than wishful thinking.

you might wanna covert to my religion. I'm not saying you should or must, but you might wanna consider it. I'm pretty sure my religion has everything for everyone that you could possibly want or need.
think about it. :cool: