• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should i start my own religion?

Muffled

Jesus in me
how would you know it wouldn't be the right religion? you only know the basics.

unless by right you mean wrong. then i have to agree with you. :yes:

I believe having a sinner as a progenitor will make it the wrong religion no matter what it turns out to be.

FranklinMichaelV.3

I am not one of them. Ihave learned over the years how deficient my opinions can be. I beleive that going by what God says is much better than opinions of men.

And what is it that God says?

I follow a lesson that I believe was Jesus's core message. But what do you follow? Can you summarize it in a sentence?

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't start your own religion. As wishful thinking goes, pie-in-the-sky-in-the-sweet-by-and-by is far more tough-minded and realistic than belief in a future scientific utopia or an inevitable classless society.

Although no one working alone could create all of the art, theology, and influence of a major religion, almost anyone could develop a small humane creed in the space of an afternoon.

But I would never consider making *your* religion an object of faith, because it entails seeing unpleasant people as demons rather than humans. That way madness lies.

You might as well call your religion "Demonizationism." I suggest that you abandon it and construct another, more humane creed.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wife's in mental health, so I just ask her to repossess a few from her patients (for their own good, of course). Don't even have to make my own.

I guess one man's foil is another man's rapier. I personnally like The Sword of Truth (Terry Goodkind's Legend of the Seeker)

kloth

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't start your own religion. As wishful thinking goes, pie-in-the-sky-in-the-sweet-by-and-by is far more tough-minded and realistic than belief in a future scientific utopia or an inevitable classless society.

Although no one working alone could create all of the art, theology, and influence of a major religion, almost anyone could develop a small humane creed in the space of an afternoon.

But I would never consider making *your* religion an object of faith, because it entails seeing unpleasant people as demons rather than humans. That way madness lies.

You might as well call your religion "Demonetization." I suggest that you abandon it and construct another, more humane creed.

well this religion wouldn't be about trying to dedemonize anyone. just protect ourself from demons and their tricks, hate, violence, corruption, crime and conspiracies behind it.
i would think the religion would interest people who don't wanna waste their short life that can be easily cut out from underneath so easily so well with evil minds. instead of trying to save or fight them, protect ourselves and get the most of our life supporting each other.
i could work alone, but doesn't mean i have to or would. suggestions would be welcome. if i don't need to keep a day job then i would be certain i could work alone on leading the direction.

but i would say it would be very humane. other religions who try and save evil minds have only wasted their time and life from what i have seen throughout history.
i would suggest we start a new world of our own with starting new towns that also may turn into cities and stop letting the evil have the power and keep taking over and over. without going "blind", crazy mad with power from success.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I am not one of them. Ihave learned over the years how deficient my opinions can be. I beleive that going by what God says is much better than opinions of men.

And that is an opinion in itself. What an irony!

kloth

I believe it only matters if it is a sin to God.
well being god or a higher being (or whatever) doesn't communicate with everyone (or perhaps no one). then we would have to assume certain things are not a sin and are actually just something another human believes is a sin and uses god as an excuse to get others to follow their code of ethics.
i think we have all seen people who seem obsessed about forcing or trying to force others to live their life 100% how they want them to live.
my religion wouldn't be about that.

kloth

मैत्रावरुणिः;3421573 said:
Namaste,

Yes. Only if you include me as one of your Gods. The God of Wine, specifically.

M.V.

Namaste

okay, but i figured you'd prefer to be god of cannabis...or the nearest river.

Muffled

Jesus in me
well being god or a higher being (or whatever) doesn't communicate with everyone (or perhaps no one). then we would have to assume certain things are not a sin and are actually just something another human believes is a sin and uses god as an excuse to get others to follow their code of ethics.
i think we have all seen people who seem obsessed about forcing or trying to force others to live their life 100% how they want them to live.
my religion wouldn't be about that.

I believe the only way to be sure something is from God is to be in communication with God. Jesus makes it clear that will happen if one follows instructions.

kloth

I believe the only way to be sure something is from God is to be in communication with God. Jesus makes it clear that will happen if one follows instructions.
from my experience of ones who claim to follow instructions from a bible are still not sure, but will claim they are sure to make them self feel better about all the time, effort, money and faith they invested into something they are still not truly convinced of.
but will say god speaks to them with signs like living through a bad car accident and saying god saved them, or they won the lotto because they prayed to god to win and they did.
maybe it's true, maybe it's dumb luck. i can't say for sure.

it would be very hard to think up a version of religion that no one has thought of before.
I would just select from one of those.

It was not difficult to think of a version that I have not heard before.

I selected from all of them. All of them have truth. all of them have crap. I applied discernment to what I learned and separated the wheat from the chaff.

Like the board game "fact or crap?"
But with religion its "truth, judgment, or fear?"

seek truth without judgement or fear. then speak it. Quote Buddha, Jesus, Rumi, Mohammed, Bab, Martin Luther King, Dali Lama, etc. make metaphors with modern references so people understand.

Your body is hardware. religion is your OS, what you read see experience are your downloads. What you say and do are your outputs. Program yourself wisely. be careful where you go you'll get nasty viruses which will make you not operate well. Even cause complete system failure. Defrag yourself, your mind and home and relationships because everything belongs somewhere. be at one in silence so your system has some down time and doesnt overheat. etc, etc.

There is a religion for you. Name it, put a bow on it, whatever.