• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should i start my own religion?

kloth

I say "hell on earth", would be a better term for your religion. Without having a main figure in the mixed to worship, it would lean towards of a philosophy then a religion.
i think it's no more philosophical than any other brand of faith. :grill:

kloth

Yeah. It happened on my 13th birthday. Imagine hearing horrible things like that on the day you become a teenager. I didn't drink Kool-Aid for years after that.
why quit drinking kool-Aid over that? or was it the sugar dose?

Jim went mad with power. i won't have that problem.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
i doubt it is like mine. mine isn't about rambling, it's about things that make sense. it might give people hope...followers preferably. :yes:

I make sense as well but nonetheless it is highly unorganized and exceedingly awful. It is obvious that my writings are inspired just from their sheer sporadicity in their topical occurrence and nature of revelation.

I of all people do not desire followers, I desire self contentment.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
I was going to say - there are already to many human created religions (all of them) - so please - NO! :)

I say "hell on earth", would be a better term for your religion. Without having a main figure in the mixed to worship, it would lean towards of a philosophy then a religion.

I don't have a religion.

Though I do belong to Asatru - because they are a group trying to bring back indigenous religions, which puts a stop to the spread of the proselytizing, warring, Abrahamic religions.

Sea Monkey

Pickle Juicer!
for starters i gotta tell you it's not based on any solid proof of anything. it's basically based on wishful thinking and the hope that the afterlife will come true for the deserving followers because we want a certain afterlife...that we deserve according to a higher being.

basically we (or just me for now) believe hell is on earth and humans are being tested by demons that take form as humans.
if we don't join the demons ways (you know the motto: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em). if we stay strong and not join the demons, then we make it to the afterlife.
the afterlife being heaven on earth according to what we want...forever. we can travel through space, travel back in time, we can swim like the fishes and fly like the birds just to name a few things.
basically earth and our bodies will be perfect for us and stay that way.

all i need is a name for this religion.

You could just join a Religion or be spiritual but not religious like me.

kloth

I make sense as well but nonetheless it is highly unorganized and exceedingly awful. It is obvious that my writings are inspired just from their sheer sporadicity in their topical occurrence and nature of revelation.

I of all people do not desire followers, I desire self contentment.

nothing would be awful for my religion. unless some people look for reasons to be miserable.

but yeah, followers. the more i have the more we are around others who think alike.

kloth

I don't have a religion.

Though I do belong to Asatru - because they are a group trying to bring back indigenous religions, which puts a stop to the spread of the proselytizing, warring, Abrahamic religions.

i thought you were your own god.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
why quit drinking kool-Aid over that? or was it the sugar dose?

Jim went mad with power. i won't have that problem.

Actually, I kind of meant that as a joke. Not a very funny one mind you. It was a rather tramatic thing to read about. The pictures of the mass murder/suicide were rather horrifying to me.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
for starters i gotta tell you it's not based on any solid proof of anything. it's basically based on wishful thinking and the hope that the afterlife will come true for the deserving followers because we want a certain afterlife...that we deserve according to a higher being.

I'm not seeing the point of difference...

basically we (or just me for now) believe hell is on earth and humans are being tested by demons that take form as humans.
if we don't join the demons ways (you know the motto: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em). if we stay strong and not join the demons, then we make it to the afterlife.
the afterlife being heaven on earth according to what we want...forever. we can travel through space, travel back in time, we can swim like the fishes and fly like the birds just to name a few things.
basically earth and our bodies will be perfect for us and stay that way.

So, the posters disagreeing with me on RF could be demons? I am starting to warm to this religion of yours.

all i need is a name for this religion.

Christian Science?