• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should i start my own religion?

kloth

I'm not seeing the point of difference...

So, the posters disagreeing with me on RF could be demons? I am starting to warm to this religion of yours.

Christian Science?

you don't have to see, just follow with blind faith if anything, or just for fun.

and yes they could be demons...or you could be. who knows?

it's not a science really. i do use some christian reflection to make it easier to understand with their common words though.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe you can start a religion but it won't be right religion.

I held sunday school for my kids and any friends that happened to be visiting at home for a while. It didn't seem to help much but I am sure a few unchurched kids got to hear a godly message at least once in their lives.

I may have entertained the idea of starting a religion but I am pretty sure it would not have pleased God. So instead I do my best to accomodate myself with existing religions.

Muffled

Jesus in me
why quit drinking kool-Aid over that? or was it the sugar dose?

Jim went mad with power. i won't have that problem.

Everyone thinks that until people start cheering for you and telling you how great you are. Having people willing to follow unquetioningly is also pretty heady stuff.
What kind of defenses do you have to keep yourself grounded and not caught up in the rush?

RJ50

No doubt most religious people, whatever their faith, think they have the 'right/true' religion! There is no evidence any religion has the 'truth' of the matter.:no:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
it's not a science really. i do use some christian reflection to make it easier to understand with their common words though.

Actually, I was making a semi-serious point. There is an existing religion called Christian Science. I thought they had a belief that hell was not a physical place, but a state of mind, and that you would ascend to heaven. Upon a little reading, it seems they see heaven and hell both as states of mind rather than actual places.

Anyways, I thought their view of the afterlife sounded similarish to yours. But seems perhaps not after all.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
No doubt most religious people, whatever their faith, think they have the 'right/true' religion! There is no evidence any religion has the 'truth' of the matter.:no:

I bet EVERYONE thinks most of their opinions are correct.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
it would be very hard to think up a version of religion that no one has thought of before.
I would just select from one of those.

kloth

I believe you can start a religion but it won't be right religion.
how would you know it wouldn't be the right religion? you only know the basics.

unless by right you mean wrong. then i have to agree with you. :yes:

kloth

Everyone thinks that until people start cheering for you and telling you how great you are. Having people willing to follow unquestioningly is also pretty heady stuff.
What kind of defenses do you have to keep yourself grounded and not caught up in the rush?

perhaps heady stuff for you and most others, but not me. i have a wall inside me.

my defense is warning myself and just knowing better. it's really not hard to just not get ahead of yourself and stay in control and watch your surroundings.
most people i believe only show optimism for the future or just don't consider it because they pretty much live in la la land. i know people and myself enough to keep the power real and stay that way.

kloth

i never said it was true. but my religion will be the best and not just some typical self proclaimed ego talking.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Need the Word? I "Noah" guy :D

.....Nothing? Tough crowd...

lol...gave me a chuckle.
Although I was more the tough crowd at the end than the 'joke'. Sounded like something I'd post.

(erm...sidenote, you might want to see a shrink. Anyone posting something even vaguely sounding like me most likely requires a professional.)