• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the oneness of humanity be taught in all schools worldwide

exchemist

Veteran Member
Nonsense. You have wars currently being fought based on prejudices arising from indoctrination.So you agree Muslims teach their young to hate Hindus, Christians, Jews, Baha’is and any other non Muslims considered as infidels? These prejudices and hatreds which are the cause of wars and terrorism you endorse? I’m speaking about indoctrination focusing on hatreds. Western countries too have their hatreds against blacks and Muslims. History teaches us that demonisation has caused wars and hatreds such as the holocaust and only education teaching equality can counteract these prejudices. You cannot eliminate a prejudice through signing a treaty. The prejudices just resurface another time and another war begins.
Western schools do not teach hatred of ethnic minorities. That is bilge. And I have never in my life met a Muslim, or a Jew, who has been taught at school to hate members of other religions. I don't have personal experience of Hindus so can't comment on them.

There are hatreds, sure, in all these societies, but the reasons for them are to be found outside the classroom - and are the subject of much discussion, e.g. the phenomenon of muslim radicalisation and terrorism etc. Please stop this calumny against schools. You are shooting at quite the wrong target.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes at school we were taught that Jews were evil and never to befriend them. We were told aboriginals were drunkards and lesser people. Nothing about Muslims until later though. I was a Catholic then. I consider it wrong to have taught me those things. Christ taught to love all. In school assembly hundreds of children. “Jews are evil”. No need for it.
This sounds pretty abnormal.

Over here many Muslim children are sent to Catholic schools because they have a good reputation.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes at school we were taught that Jews were evil and never to befriend them. We were told aboriginals were drunkards and lesser people. Nothing about Muslims until later though. I was a Catholic then. I consider it wrong to have taught me those things. Christ taught to love all. In school assembly hundreds of children. “Jews are evil”. No need for it.
Where was this?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Nonsense. You have wars currently being fought based on prejudices arising from indoctrination.So you agree Muslims teach their young to hate Hindus, Christians, Jews, Baha’is and any other non Muslims considered as infidels? These prejudices and hatreds which are the cause of wars and terrorism you endorse? I’m speaking about indoctrination focusing on hatreds. Western countries too have their hatreds against blacks and Muslims. History teaches us that demonisation has caused wars and hatreds such as the holocaust and only education teaching equality can counteract these prejudices. You cannot eliminate a prejudice through signing a treaty. The prejudices just resurface another time and another war begins.
My country, Britain, built the first mosque on British soil in 1889. Queen Victoria and her favourite, Abdul, a Muslim, were quite the scandal.

Black people do not face racism in the UK. We have strong laws about this and we are not noted for being a racist country. We have integrated Indians, various Africans, Pakistanis, and others. Our PM is Indian descended and a Hindu; the London Mayor is a Muslim of Pakistani descent. We are very sensitive to religious issues and have had Muslim and Jewish populations since around the 17th c. We are not a racist or religious supremacist country. Our King defines himself as 'defender of faiths' not 'faith' anymore. I strongly object to our being called out for crimes we do not practice and have been trying to eliminate since the 19th c.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Since human nature is a spectrum ranging from horrific and atrocious to noble and courageous I wouldn't be rushing to the thorney roses to unite with everyone. As far as things like religion, faith, race, gender, born sexual nature, culture, upbringing, diverse human nature, people need to look deeper to realize none of these things define a person on the inside. People as individuals have the ultimate heart of choice as to who and what they become in regards to their character, morality, and personal integrity. People become who they are by a fall of heart as to what they love, hate, and are indifferent about. There's no sense in uniting everyone, but it is urgent to find equality and laws that all people can agree on except for those of a blind, or wicked heart set mind and will whom hate without cause, justice, or fairness. Too often blindness, ignorance, vanity, and stupidity rise to power. We need ways to mitigate those harms, and damages to society. So far only the secular society allows a person the freedom of living their own truth as long as it does no damage to others. All the doom religions have demonized people for being who they truly are. Doom religion is not trustworthy, it's not noble, and it's not in the best interests of humanity. If anything doom religion is highly immoral because it demonizes the honest non believer. It's time to do away, as always, with these comic book religions of doom like Islam, and Christianity. You'll have to walk on water, and part the Red Sea before I take these religions as anything other than a serious threat to humanity.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Since human nature is a spectrum ranging from horrific and atrocious to noble and courageous I wouldn't be rushing to the thorney roses to unite with everyone. As far as things like religion, faith, race, gender, born sexual nature, culture, upbringing, diverse human nature, people need to look deeper to realize none of these things define a person on the inside. People as individuals have the ultimate heart of choice as to who and what they become in regards to their character, morality, and personal integrity. People become who they are by a fall of heart as to what they love, hate, and are indifferent about. There's no sense in uniting everyone, but it is urgent to find equality and laws that all people can agree on except for those of a blind, or wicked heart set mind and will whom hate without cause, justice, or fairness. Too often blindness, ignorance, vanity, and stupidity rise to power. We need ways to mitigate those harms, and damages to society. So far only the secular society allows a person the freedom of living their own truth as long as it does no damage to others. All the doom religions have demonized people for being who they truly are. Doom religion is not trustworthy, it's not noble, and it's not in the best interests of humanity. If anything doom religion is highly immoral because it demonizes the honest non believer. It's time to do away, as always, with these comic book religions of doom like Islam, and Christianity. You'll have to walk on water, and part the Red Sea before I take these religions as anything other than a serious threat to humanity.
You have Christianity to thank for secularism in the first place.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
You have Christianity to thank for secularism in the first place.
I grew up secular despite being raised in a Christian home. I was secular before I even knew what to call it. I'm sure it was much the same way before when Christians defined it that way. Being secular is just an honest response to the injustice of having Christianity imposed on us.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I grew up secular despite being raised in a Christian home. I was secular before I even knew what to call it. I'm sure it was much the same way before when Christians defined it that way. Being secular is just an honest response to the injustice of having Christianity imposed on us.
The idea of there being a distinction between religion and not-religion is a Christian invention. A hallmark of the Gregorian Reformation. It is a thoroughly Christian idea, a Christian vision of how society ought to work.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
So when you went to school in Australia, they taught hatred of the aboriginals, hatred for Jews and Muslims, hatred for all things non-Australian? That must have been a rough schooling.
I can tell you that Aboriginals did not have a fair go in the schools when I was going to those schools, predudices were taught and discrimination did happen as they tried make Aboriginals white and anything that was not Christianity go away.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah's teachings should be taught in all schools, and everyone should belong to the Baha'i Faith.
Teachings of racial and religious equality are not exclusive to the Baha'i Faith, even of some Baha'is believe they are.

The reason I say this because I watch the TV shows called The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie and the Christians who are the main characters demonstrate the same values that are presented in the OP, racial and religious equality. The programs also have characters who are opposed to these values, and the damaging effects. However, my point is that the script writers must have gotten their ideas somewhere, and I don't think they consulted any Baha'i Writings.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
I was in school in 2001, and was on a city wide committee of youth that were taught diversity and equality training, in hopes that we could work to spread it to the greater student bodies(so kids were hearing it from other kids as well, as opposed to just adults).
That came about from a lot of effort put into changing education in the 50's to the 90's to embrace the multi cultures and religions of the world.

Regards Tony

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Teachings of racial and religious equality are not exclusive to the Baha'i Faith, even of some Baha'is believe they are.

The reason I say this because I watch the TV shows called The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie and the Christians who are the main characters demonstrate the same values that are presented in the OP, racial and religious equality. The programs also have characters who are opposed to these values, and the damaging effects. However, my point is that the script writers must have gotten their ideas somewhere, and I don't think they consulted any Baha'i Writings.
Are you and other Bahais aware that this is explicit teaching in Christianity?

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
I assumed it was a Christian teaching, and I think the script writers were trying to show Christian values, but I didn't know which Bible verses it came from.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That may be fine for some but there are wars going on currently fuelled by prejudice and religious hatred. it’s no use having a truce only for the next generation to be prepared to wage another war. The education system needs to be changed as it is the root cause of ongoing hatred.
Yeah. They can start by getting rid of Dodgeball, Baseball and Football , as well as other competitive sports against rival enemy schools that one's team would dearly love to eliminate.....in fact eliminate gym class altogether.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member

Yes, all past Faiths did tech this in one way and another, why has that been forgotten, why do prejudices block its realisation still?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
@loverofhumanity
Can we also add that we need to implement and teach a world axillary language, to be taught in all of the schools of the world!

Yahoo to that, a sign of the maturity of humanity.

Regards Tony