• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should women rule the world?

Alceste

Vagabond
Just listening to the radio. Jian Ghomeshi said he thinks the world would be a better place if women were in charge. Then he summed up the outraged response he got from angry men on twitter, swearing, calling him names, etc. He and his producer joked that kind of proves the point.

How about you? Do you think it would be better? Worse? How would it be different?

Happy international women's day!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I believe that I've posted this before, but I can't find it ...

A study sought to test for early differences between very young boys and girls. One by one, the test subjects were seated in front of a screen and given a cord to pull. With each yank, colorful objects would bounce and play across the display. Once the subject got use to the feedback, it was stopped. The child would yank the cord and nothing would happen, except ...

... with statistically significant predictability, the young girls would cry briefly and then find some other form of amusement with the young boys would have a prolonged temper tantrum.

(Did I mention I was for Hillary Clinton?)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
She wasn't a ruler, but just out of curiosity, why do you think she would have made a bad one?

She was enough of a ruler to command the execution of the prophets. And that is why she would make a bad one from my pov. Would she not have me killed? I am one who is against Babylon. I think so anyway. :sad:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Just listening to the radio. Jian Ghomeshi said he thinks the world would be a better place if women were in charge. Then he summed up the outraged response he got from angry men on twitter, swearing, calling him names, etc. He and his producer joked that kind of proves the point.

How about you? Do you think it would be better? Worse? How would it be different?

Happy international women's day!

Currently, Brazil's president is a woman. And, to be honest, she is just more of the same.

Alceste

Vagabond
Actually i was reading this BBC News - Viewpoint: What if women ruled the world?.

I think it would be a good thing,the only problem i see is the phone bill :run:,actually i think Women as leaders are more than capable and have proved to be so throughout history.

:D

Great article.

Interestingly, Canada has five female provincial premiers, out of 13 total. When I was born, there had been a total of zero in the entire history of our country. We're gaining on you, lads!

Alceste

Vagabond
She was enough of a ruler to command the execution of the prophets. And that is why she would make a bad one from my pov. Would she not have me killed? I am one who is against Babylon. I think so anyway. :sad:

I understand these executions were a two way street.

But, it is not the same thing to be a ruler as it is to be the wife or mother of a ruler.

Anyway, interesting example. I still want to know if there is a female equivalent of Pol Pot or Kim Jong Un though.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
We've given men a pretty good try over the past 5,500 years. Maybe it's time to give women a try. It might be coming to that anyway, given enough time.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it might be somewhat better run, but maybe not dramatically better run. Power corrupts, and I see no reason it cannot corrupt women as well as men.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Actually i was reading this BBC News - Viewpoint: What if women ruled the world?.

I think it would be a good thing,the only problem i see is the phone bill :run:,actually i think Women as leaders are more than capable and have proved to be so throughout history.

Hi! What did you think of Prime Minister Thatcher? We may knock her decisions now (don't we always knock 'em all?) but I reckon she was one fine leader. What guts.

The poll tax was a mistake, I think, but mistakes can often be reversed, once discovered.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I presume that fans of women ruling the world will be most pleased when gals like Sarah Palin,
Maggy Thatcher, Ayn Rand, Larua Ingraham, Ann Coulter & Michelle Bachman seize control.
You'll have your Heaven on Earth, since the most important goal is that they be all women.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I presume that fans of women ruling the world will be most pleased when gals like Sarah Palin,
Maggy Thatcher, Ayn Rand, Larua Ingraham, Ann Coulter & Michelle Bachman seize control.
You'll have your Heaven on Earth, since the most important goal is that they be all women.

I'd prefer ***** riot myself