• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should you have sex with only one person?

Should you have sex with only one person?

• Total voters

Comicaze247

See the previous line
And I think I will prove you wrong.
Ask other girls your age that are in relationships. Preferably the ones that are crazy about Twilight and other fairy tales. They will say the same thing as you. Now how many of them do you think will really last "forever"?

Now I'm not saying I can tell the future. Maybe you two will be together, maybe you won't. Just saying, the probability of "forever" is very, very, VERY slim. And there's nothing wrong with not making it. My belief has always been this: Every relationship you have, whether romantic, platonic, or otherwise, is a step that takes you to where you're supposed to go next.

Smoke

Done here.
You just arn't me, to put it simply
If you should lose your love, whether to death or circumstance, you really might find it impossible to love another the same way. You might decide you never wanted to be with anyone else again. It happens. It's a shame when it happens, though.

Not long before she died, my Aunt Martha told her daughter, "Always remember: no matter who you lose, life can always be sweet again."

McBell

Admiral Obvious
On February 14, 2009 my wifes parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary.
High school sweethearts were they.

Dezzie

I don't see what is truly wrong with making love with more than one partner. For me though, one person is enough. My Fiance is the only person that will ever see me in that way and I pray that we work and that we are together forever. ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You just arn't me, to put it simply
But isn't the whole point of this thread that your moral judgements should apply to everyone... i.e. that you and her are similar enough that the lessons of your life should be applicable to her?

After all, the title of the thread and quiz wasn't "should leahrachelle have sex with only one person", it was "should you have sex with only one person"... IOW, you're trying to set up a general moral rule for everyone. In that respect, other people's experiences and feelings are definitely relevant.

GiantHouseKey

leahrachelle said:
Yes, no, or it depends - and explain please
wink.gif

I say yes, for no more of a reason than that is what feels right to me. And that is all I need.

I voted no. I believe that you should stay faithful to a partner that you are with, but if, for example, I ever split with my current partner, I would be lying if I said that I would never have sex with anyone else ever again.

GhK.

leahrachelle

Ask other girls your age that are in relationships. Preferably the ones that are crazy about Twilight and other fairy tales. They will say the same thing as you. Now how many of them do you think will really last "forever"?

Now I'm not saying I can tell the future. Maybe you two will be together, maybe you won't. Just saying, the probability of "forever" is very, very, VERY slim. And there's nothing wrong with not making it. My belief has always been this: Every relationship you have, whether romantic, platonic, or otherwise, is a step that takes you to where you're supposed to go next.
There are only a few couples at my school that have been with each other as long as my boyfriend and I, and the older couples that I know of that graduated a few years ago are still very much together. (There are 1500 students are my school - if that matters).
And to anyone who's been with their boyfriend a month or two and wants to say they'll be together forever, I can't relate, because I definately was not thinking that at the time.

leahrachelle

If you should lose your love, whether to death or circumstance, you really might find it impossible to love another the same way. You might decide you never wanted to be with anyone else again. It happens. It's a shame when it happens, though.

Not long before she died, my Aunt Martha told her daughter, "Always remember: no matter who you lose, life can always be sweet again."
For some people, life can't be sweet with anyone else

leahrachelle

But isn't the whole point of this thread that your moral judgements should apply to everyone... i.e. that you and her are similar enough that the lessons of your life should be applicable to her?

After all, the title of the thread and quiz wasn't "should leahrachelle have sex with only one person", it was "should you have sex with only one person"... IOW, you're trying to set up a general moral rule for everyone. In that respect, other people's experiences and feelings are definitely relevant.
No you misunderstood... That wasn't even about the topic of the post. All she said was that she thought it was unlikely that I thought that way. And I said I'm just not you - to say that even though she can't understand why I feel that way doesn't mean I don't. It wasn't about the thread topic at all.

misanthropic_clown

Why do males despise women more and more after love?

Dragging up a bit of an old point, but I thought this quote would help

"Women get their heart broke, they cry. Men don't do that. Men hold it in like it don't hurt. They hold it in and get hit by trucks. "Didn't he see that truck?" "Man, he wouldn't have seen a 747. His heart was broke."
~Richard Pryor

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
No, but you can only sleep with the person you marry. Therefore, you have to kill your spouse every so often and get a new one. It is the godly thing to do, and has been enacted by kings throughout the ages.