• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should you have sex with only one person?

Should you have sex with only one person?

• Total voters

leahrachelle

Well..my mother was 28 when my father(who was also 28) died unexpectantly in a plane crash.

My mother remarried..Im sure you "couldnt see your self doing that". ..

Neither could my mother..Untill it happened.

You are more devoted to "one person" than my mother is.

I salute you...

Love

Dallas
It's not just the aspect of being with one person, though. My boyfriend of 3 years - I just could never see myself wanting to be with another person. If he died, I don't feel I could ever move on. I guess you just know when your soulmate comes along.

Smoke

Done here.
Once you've found true love, you'll find that you have all the things you're looking for..
Not necessarily. I truly loved my first husband, and I think he truly loved me, but we couldn't live together. Love is wonderful, and I'd never want to be with somebody I didn't love, but love isn't all you need to build to a life together. I missed him terribly after I left, and I never really got over him till after he died, but we just couldn't live together happily. I've been very fortunate to find that kind of love again, and this time with somebody I can live with, but it definitely takes more than just love.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's not just the aspect of being with one person, though. My boyfriend of 3 years - I just could never see myself wanting to be with another person. If he died, I don't feel I could ever move on. I guess you just know when your soulmate comes along.

My mother still mourns over the loss of my father(37 years later)..She loved him .They loved each other.

The fact that she could love someone else doesnt mean they werent "soul mates".

Your childish visions and proclamations of what you "would" feel or "would do" in any given situation really irritates me..I shouldnt even respond to you.

I will just say..good luck with that.

Love

DAllas

Last edited:

pray4me

You are only sixteen, you've had a boyfriend since you were thirteen. I think that's a little young to be making a lifetime commitment. You might find in a couple years that you feel differently and then you might feel trapped into a relationship you've outgrown. I think anyone who wants to have that kind of relationship should wait until they are at least legally of age to make it. I'm sure you feel deeply for your boyfriend but you are still very young.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Ha my bad, I have no clue why I did that. I was dozing off I guess..
1 and a half years, sorry.
Heh... I can't help thinking back to my ex-fiancee: at a year and a half, everything was rosy. Less than a year later, we weren't on speaking terms. In retrospect, I don't think she was ever really my "soulmate", even though I thought it at the time.

Stellify

StarChild
Heh... I can't help thinking back to my ex-fiancee: at a year and a half, everything was rosy. Less than a year later, we weren't on speaking terms. In retrospect, I don't think she was ever really my "soulmate", even though I thought it at the time.

Heh...I thought of my ex-fiancee, too....we started dating when I was sixteen. *shakes head*
I've grown a lot since then. And I hope I will continue to do so :)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh and "by the way" I cant see myself being with anyonoe else if my husband of 20 years dropped dead tomorrow.I met him when I was 14.He is part of me and always will be.

And its possible I wouldn't ever "fall" for anyone else in his memory or because I just wanted him and no one else..

But if I did??Fall again? It would be because I had two soul mates..And they both would be real special guys to put up with my ***.And real special because Im a fine catch and they both knew it.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Nanda

Polyanna
I don't believe in "soul mates," per se, but I know for a fact that you can love more than one person (even at the same time) in a deep, intimate, meaningful way.

leahrachelle

My mother still mourns over the loss of my father(37 years later)..She loved him .They loved each other.

The fact that she could love someone else doesnt mean they werent "soul mates".

Your childish visions and proclamations of what you "would" feel or "would do" in any given situation really irritates me..I shouldnt even respond to you.

I will just say..good luck with that.

Love

DAllas

I also won't respond to terms that mean the same as 'childish' any longer..

leahrachelle

You are only sixteen, you've had a boyfriend since you were thirteen. I think that's a little young to be making a lifetime commitment. You might find in a couple years that you feel differently and then you might feel trapped into a relationship you've outgrown. I think anyone who wants to have that kind of relationship should wait until they are at least legally of age to make it. I'm sure you feel deeply for your boyfriend but you are still very young.

And I think I will prove you wrong.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And I think I will prove you wrong.
I hope you do.

I know one or two couples who hit it off at a very young age and have been happily together ever since... but they're a very slim minority.

If you can make it work, great. However, I don't think that any personal failing on your part would be implied if you can't... and I don't think your experience so far is applicable generally to humanity as a whole; not everyone fits the same mold that you do... and that's okay.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I also won't respond to terms that mean the same as 'childish' any longer..

I guess only time will tell.I have no doubt that you may still be with your boyfriend 60 years from now.

But the idea that if he got hit by a bus tomorrow..that you just "know" that you would never want anyone else romantically for the next 60 years because he is your "soul mate" is ..well lets just say naive.Maybe you wouldnt.You would forego love ..marriage and children with someone else that loved you ..in loving memory of your soul mate.I just for some reason I highly doubt the probalbilites of that .

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes...

edit: I should elaborate... under ideal circumstances, yes...

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Yes. Only one person.

And that person must be genetically-compatible with you in order to yield acceptable offspring.

The government should get in on this.

leahrachelle

I guess only time will tell.I have no doubt that you may still be with your boyfriend 60 years from now.

But the idea that if he got hit by a bus tomorrow..that you just "know" that you would never want anyone else romantically for the next 60 years because he is your "soul mate" is ..well lets just say naive.Maybe you wouldnt.You would forego love ..marriage and children with someone else that loved you ..in loving memory of your soul mate.I just for some reason I highly doubt the probalbilites of that .

Love

Dallas
You just arn't me, to put it simply