• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should you have sex with only one person?

Should you have sex with only one person?

• Total voters

Troublemane

Some people are happy eating a plain, baloney sandwich every day...and some people go for the "All You Can Eat" Buffet table at Shoney's! :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
I voted no. If you dedicate yourself to a monogamous relationship then fine, only sleep with that person, but if you break up, you shouldn't then be restricted to never sleeping with another person. I also see nothing wrong with threesomes when you are single, or entering into an open relationship.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
As lovely a sentiment as this is, it's not generally true.
I agree. As crazy as I am about my husband, I'm definitely still attracted to other men (and sometimes women). I know he's the same way.

You can be strictly monogamous yet be attracted to others all the time. You just never do anything about it.

Smoke

Done here.
Absolutely, you should only have sex with one person all your life. Of course, whenever I want to have sex I have to fly to Ohio, but it's a small price to pay for morality. You should never have sex with more than one person, even if that person dies.

You should also eat only one food, watch only one television show, drive only one car, live in only one house, have only one child, vote for only one candidate, have only one friend, have only one job, read only one book, participate in only one sport, shop at only one store, sing only one song, and take only one photo. There are entirely too many people who don't value commitment and the virtue of making the right choice in the first place. If you make the right choice, that should be enough for you. If not -- too bad.

pray4me

Yes because in an ideal world this would happen. You also shouldn't smoke, shouldn't drink to excess, should be kind to everyone. This is not, however, an ideal world. We are human and very prone to weakness and mistakes. So even though I beleive everyone should limit sex to one person, that does not mean I look down on those who do not. So far I have, I hope it will remain that way.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
It depends. To each their own. I've only had sex with two people, the second one, much more experienced. Having fewer partners apparently hasn't affected natural talent, as she says ;)

Though some people want more partners, some don't. It isn't a case of should or should not. It's a case of would or would not.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Ha that made me think of why guys rape girls for some reason. I guess maybe that's part of it; they want to feel powerful

Thats exactly why..its a struggle for control and "power"..And I dare to say flat out "hatred" in general of women(or a specific woman) is involved as well.

Love

Dallas

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What is this supposed to mean? I'm not sure what you're asking please clarify.
Idol worship is one of the Biblically allowed reasons for divorce.
If after you divorce on the grounds of fornication, I.E. Idol Worship, Is it in your opinion alright to have sex with another, or are you stuck only having sex with your living ex?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Some people are happy eating a plain, baloney sandwich every day...and some people go for the "All You Can Eat" Buffet table at Shoney's! :D

Well thats not fair! Why is monogomy equated to "plain boloney?If two people are really into each other..they can be a steak and lobster dinner one day..stuffed tenderloin another..a loaded baked potato the next..and so on.

Monogomy doesnt equate to monotony.

Love

Dallas

Last edited: