• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of the most interesting answers have been OFF TOPIC

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have something to say about thinking. I did publish it once in cyber space somewhere. Here it is again. It is like playing a card game. Not solitaire. More like hearts. I play hearts with the computer. I play speed cards. It is how I discovered the thinking archetype. The mind prefers first choices over other choices. If I decide which card I like to play next, before all players play their card, even if another card would be better, I physically want to play the first choice. I have to make myself halt from playing the bad choice. Now some people might not have a halt mechanism. That is how people stubbornly cling to lies. They want to play their first choice. Does that make sense?

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
What if miracles are actually a manipulation of the electromagnetic field of an object by a human being. Human beings emit electromagnetic energy, and photons which are the mechanism for electromagnetic reactions which are the basis for all human process'. Humans are capable conciously to alter these electromagnetic fields in nature, it's just a matter of how much energy a particular human can emit.

You ever seen a monk walk on rice paper. I assume it would be theoretically possible for a human to alter his electromagnetic field enough to be able to repel water and thus give him the ability to walk on it, Rock on JC lol.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do I see someone watering down principles? Yes, yes I do.

Please pass the salt, I might be needing it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus comes equally ranked alongside a thief in the night. How about that?

for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night
1 Thessalonians 5:2

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder what Jesus would say about Faith-only salvation?

Which topic are you fleeing from please?

I think you mean to ask about what Jesus would say about what is written "faith without works is dead".

I think it means if you do not live (works) according to your faith (belief) you are as good as dead and I think he would agree.

I do not think works mean good deeds. I think works mean you going on the proper course and keep on going until your "end". "He who has endured to the end is saved". Matthew 24:13

FranklinMichaelV.3

Which topic are you fleeing from please?

I think you mean to ask about what Jesus would say about what is written "faith without works is dead".

I think it means if you do not live (works) according to your faith (belief) you are as good as dead and I think he would agree.

I do not think works mean good deeds. I think works mean you going on the proper course and keep on going until your "end". "He who has endured to the end is saved". Matthew 24:13

Not fleeing, just asking a question. Good times ya know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Before I ventured on my quest for Bible meaning I think I did not laugh much. I do not know if I did. Now I laugh often. Before I felt lonely often. Sad too. Now I think I am never really lonely. If I am feeling lonely all I have to do is remember my friend, or friends really. They are in the Bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I got to thinking that some people cannot believe in A Creator because the creation is not good enough and I thought gee, if I was that man or woman's child and showed him or her my beautiful drawing what would he or she say? I'm thinking the worst my parent might say is "you are not my child until you can make something I like". Or "it's not good enough, I am sorry you were born".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is so off topic I am posting it here.

I know. I am not talking about The Bible in general. I am taking about one scripture. You have no idea what people believe about Genesis 6:1-4 do you? But you say you do.

This is all very amazing to me. The Jehovah's Witnesses are taught Genesis 6:1-4 describes a physical union between angels who left their place, became human like and fathered children. The children they fathered were the Nephilim. They also believe Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones who are given by Heaven the right to explain what the Bible really teaches. They call it The Truth. A Jehovah's Witness considers himself or herself "in the truth". There are many people who know that is what they believe and know it is not accurate. The business of the Jehovah's Witnesses is to find people who want to know the truth and teach it to them. There are other people who are working very hard to convince people what Jehovah's Witnesses believe about themselves is not true.

But it seems to me that all it would take to disprove the Jehovah's Witness claim they are the truth is Genesis 6:1-4. I have witnessed a lot of frustration trying to get through to them. It seems to me their minority belief about angels mating with humans would break them. Why does no one challenge them with Genesis 6:1-4?

The fact that I have not seen it come up once is why I believed most people agree it means angels and humans mating. But now I know that is not so. I googled it. I haven't come up with any proof anyone but the JWs believe it that way.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There was a convention of Jehovah's Witnesses not long ago that I attended. At every convention there is performed a drama. At that one the drama was about Noah and the preflood world. They made a big deal about how the women who were taken as wives by the fallen angels were quite pleased with themselves. I cannot describe the feeling that resulted. I suppose I felt a little like the evolutionary biologists must sometimes feel when they meet up with pure fantasy. I'm babbling. I am sorry.

I will tell what is weird. My husband did not like that I wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness. We fought about it. He had some criticism for them, but nothing substantial or convincing. I wanted to be with people who appreciated what the Bible tells us. I realize that twenty five years ago information was not so attainable. We had no computer then. If he had had the things like this Genesis 6:1-4 to share with me, I would not have joined. Why would I?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh no. Not answering questions is not because they do not know the answer. One reason they won't answer is they are too careful. Another reason is theocratic warfare. They will never ever give perceived opposers an advantage.