• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of the most interesting answers have been OFF TOPIC

Wherenextcolumbus

If it is true that because I have questions about the validity of the teachings of JWs I have "an ax to grind" is it also true that the early Bible Students who became the Jehovah's Witnesses had their own "ax to grind"?

No it's not true that you have an axe to grind. Why would anyone come on a religious forum expecting their beliefs to be free from criticism or discussion?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No it's not true that you have an axe to grind. Why would anyone come on a religious forum expecting their beliefs to be free from criticism or discussion?

They are preaching for converts. But they do it on the sly because it is not allowed. Personally I hold the view of Acts 10:35 God accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. Also, it is not even clear that it means "to fear God". It might mean he who fears the same as Heaven fears because pronouns in the Bible are not clear.

from the Greek;
but in every nation he that fears [Definition: he, she, it, they, them, same.] and works righteousness acceptable to him is.

I am not imagining that people view me with an ax, they have said so and they have had me removed from forum.

Wherenextcolumbus

They are preaching for converts. But they do it on the sly because it is not allowed. Personally I hold the view of Acts 10:35 God accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. Also, it is not even clear that it means "to fear God". It might mean he who fears the same as Heaven fears because pronouns in the Bible are not clear.

from the Greek;
but in every nation he that fears [Definition: he, she, it, they, them, same.] and works righteousness acceptable to him is.

I am not imagining that people view me with an ax, they have said so and they have had me removed from forum.

Well if your organisation tells you that outsiders worship satan because they are part of the world, I can't imagine you'll be on this forum to learn much.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am going off topic from the thread Do you expect everyone to like you. I already went a little off but that is neither here nor there.

I think it might be ironic if there were two same posters on two different forums, though with different names and on one forum poster one hated poster two and on the other forum poster one loved poster two. Now I don't mean really hate because that leads to everlasting burning in fire. I mean a very strong dislike that sometimes borders on hate if one is not careful. And I don't mean love like kissy face. I mean love as in deep respect and admiration. I think it is possible.

ps I don't have anyone in mind specifically

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Catholic Church is not the only place for a pedophile to get away with child sexual abuse. Think Candace Conte and the two witness rule.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK! I believe The Bible is written for the angels. They are sharing it with us.

That off topic is from the Mormon thread. And.....it is quite a day for me! It seems I have said something "excellent". Now I shall bask a little in it. I don't have much else to do.

Monotheist 101

I would agree that so-called "supernatural" occurrences are not rare. I think part of the problem is that word "supernatural" which I dislike using because I don't feel it captures what is going on. As a Witch, my path practically lives and breathes magic and the otherworlds, and some would tend to call these things "supernatural." Heck, just today I had a "supernatural" experience as I sensed the strangeness of the remnant energy of hurricane Isaac. It is not something we usually see here in the heartland of the country, and the way the clouds are is very strange even this far out. It is a very preternatural feeling, but to me there is no such thing as supernatural (things beyond nature; everything is nature).

Hey you being a witch and all, I would like to ask you a few questions, Do you conjure spirits? What do you use candle? Blood? And is there any truth Alestair Crowley's claim that you have to distance yourself from morality?

Or are you a spiritual person who communicates with heavenly bodies through astral projection? and these heavenly bodies that the spiritualists talk about and the demons that occultist talk about are one and the same thing?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it true you would not hire a prostitute a second time if she did not make you feel the way you wanted to feel the first time?

You don't do that? Oh.

Would you go back to a restaurant a second time if you did not like the food there the first time?

Am I making a point? Ahhh, yes? Can you guess what it is?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Funny I can't ask why I am not read as ignore makes posts invisible so who would see me asking? No one who has the answer that's what.

Or maybe people read only posts that have more than a few words which is weird because I am more opposite than that.

OK this is funny. Honest to goodness, on another forum there was a me hate thread. On that thread someone posted that I write long posts and it still bothers me because I don't and never have and I think it might bother me till the day I die. Oh bother.

It was a flat place (plain is another word for it) on a mountain. Sigh

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
MOST of the time the imagined supernatural occurrence is imagined. I agree. But to believe that supernatural occurrences are never real because they are so rare is folly.

Yes, that would be a logical error made while blindly stumbling into the right answer. The better reason to believe that supernatural occurrences are never real is knowing that since the instant when the physical universe was manifested and we were created by our Father, He has always let us go our own way as an eternal, unchanging example of perfect, unattached love.

To put it in less words, if God were to interfere in the physical universe, love would be forever broken.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am awaiting an answer from the bug which reminds me of lice. Pawn Stars says the soldiers of the Civil War entertained themselves racing lice. Does anyone know how a lice race goes?