• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
From APnews: South Carolina House OKs ban on gender-affirming care for minors, Missouri panel sees similar bills
This bill blocks puberty blockers and hormones from minors, however as previously predicted, it was never just about minors.

"People under 26 could not use Medicaid to cover the costs for such care, and school employees could not withhold knowledge of a student’s transgender identity from their legal guardians."

Additionally, forcing schools to out LGBT youth to their parents is truly evil.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well the article was written by someone who has drunk the gender ideology koolaid, so caution is appropriate.

icehorse

Premium Member
Additionally, forcing schools to out LGBT youth to their parents is truly evil.
First of all, it's a common mistake to lump the T's in with the LGBs, so there's that.

So if we refer to them as the two groups they actually are, can you say more about how this is evil? I mean what I've heard over and over again from supporters of GAC, is that the parents should be heavily involved, no?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
First of all, it's a common mistake to lump the T's in with the LGBs, so there's that.
The feeble attempts to drive a wedge between the trans community and the rest of the LGBT is mostly done for hate purposes and is not grounded in the history of our community.
, can you say more about how this is evil?
Do I really need to tell you why outing a child who is transgender and does not want their hateful parent to know would put the child in danger?

icehorse

Premium Member
The feeble attempts to drive a wedge between the trans community and the rest of the LGBT is mostly done for hate purposes and is not grounded in the history of our community.
So you know more than groups like the LGB alliance? It's not feeble at all. Tell me in what way Ts are similar to LGBs? I'm straight, but I have quite a few LG friends and none of them feel any sort of alliance with the T's?

And if there's hate coming from anywhere in this discussion it's coming from the T's right? For example intact trans women who claim to be lesbians, and then call lesbians who don't want to date them TERFs??

Do I really need to tell you why outing a child who is transgender and does not want their hateful parent to know would put the child in danger?

First I'm trying to establish some logical consistency here. In recent months here on RF I have been told many times by supporters of GAC that "of course" a child should NOT be put into GAC without heavy involvement from their parents. Where do you stand on that question?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
First I'm trying to establish some logical consistency here. In recent months here on RF I have been told many times by supporters of GAC that "of course" a child should NOT be put into GAC without heavy involvement from their parents. Where do you stand on that question?
How I stand on that question isn't actually related to the question I posed you, and I see your reply to be the evasion that you know it is.

A teacher outing a child who identifies as trans to their parents when the child wants to remain closeted is wrong. Do you agree?
This question is actually entirely unrelated to GAC, and is about identity and outing.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
But @icehorse has no way to know that, no means of assessing how the hate harms so many, and besides isn't interested in any community outside of the one it's tethered to.
Yes, you do need to tell exactly that -- but I'm afraid @icehorse hasn't the capacity to understand your explanation. Dogma has no room for reason -- in fact, reason is absolute antipathy to dogma.

icehorse

Premium Member
How I stand on that question isn't actually related to the question I posed you, and I see your reply to be the evasion that you know it is.

A teacher outing a child who identifies as trans to their parents when the child wants to remain closeted is wrong. Do you agree?
This question is actually entirely unrelated to GAC, and is about identity and outing.
And here I thought this thread was about GAC?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
Teachers being compelled to out any LGBT children over identity when they wish to remain in the closet is bad.

If you can't agree with this, I don't think there is any point in me talking about the subject of medical treatment with you further.
It's a very simple litmus test over whether or not you care for these children's safety or if you do not, and it's entirely separate from medical treatment because it's only about identity.

icehorse

Premium Member
It's a very simple litmus test over whether or not you care for these children's safety or if you do not, and it's entirely separate from medical treatment because it's only about identity.

That's simply not true on many counts:

1 - Again, LGB is fundamentally different than T
2 - Outing is very different than medical treatments
3 - Caring for the kids' safety differently on different issues is not a litmus test. A thoughtful person could agree with you on one point and disagree on the other. Are you somehow the arbiter of "the one true caring belief" for both of these questions?

So let me ask you this: Do you think the answers should be the same for the LBGs and for the Ts?

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not the arbiter of the one true caring belief, but I am the arbiter of conversations that I find productive for me to entertain.
Given that you can't seem to bring yourself to say that a teacher outing a transgender child is just as bad as outing a gay child, I don't see the purpose in continuing this conversation any further.

icehorse

Premium Member
I'm not the arbiter of the one true caring belief, but I am the arbiter of conversations that I find productive for me to entertain.
Given that you can't seem to bring yourself to say that a teacher outing a transgender child is just as bad as outing a gay child, I don't see the purpose in continuing this conversation any further.

If I'm understanding you, you think both categories should be handled the same way? Do you think LGB is as life-threateningly serious as T is? Again, what we hear over and over again from supporters of GAC is that "GAC saves lives". We also hear how suicidal youths with gender dysphoria are, right? So if all of that is true, and if it's also true that doctors would never initiate GAC without deep consultation with parents, then what's a teacher to do with a maybe-trans kid who tells them about their gender dysphoria?

My tentative answer is that teachers probably should not "out" lgb's but that they should "out" t's.