• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So you know more than groups like the LGB alliance? It's not feeble at all. Tell me in what way Ts are similar to LGBs? I'm straight, but I have quite a few LG friends and none of them feel any sort of alliance with the T's?

This G is strongly allied with Ts. And literally every G and L and B who I know (I'll bet money I know more than you) is similarly allied.

Enough of the silly wedge you're trying to drive.

And if there's hate coming from anywhere in this discussion it's coming from the T's right? For example intact trans women who claim to be lesbians, and then call lesbians who don't want to date them TERFs??

That has literally nothing to do with the OP. But sure, derail the thread with some side obsession.

You are defending outing children to their parents and banning GAC to people under age 26, not even just children. Own it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Additionally, forcing schools to out LGBT youth to their parents is truly evil.
Yup. Why these obvious displays of bigotry are allowed to have a place is beyond my comprehension. Then again, we also had a "supreme court" that rendered half the population second class citizens, so... this "country" has become a joke. Land of the free? Not if you're female, a person of color, or LGBTQ+ it isn't.

Shaul

Premium Member
From APnews: South Carolina House OKs ban on gender-affirming care for minors, Missouri panel sees similar bills
This bill blocks puberty blockers and hormones from minors, however as previously predicted, it was never just about minors.

"People under 26 could not use Medicaid to cover the costs for such care, and school employees could not withhold knowledge of a student’s transgender identity from their legal guardians."

Additionally, forcing schools to out LGBT youth to their parents is truly evil.
"gender-transition surgeries, prescribing puberty-blocking drugs and overseeing hormone treatments" are not "gender-affirming". Those are gender-denying.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
This G is strongly allied with Ts. And literally every G and L and B who I know (I'll bet money I know more than you) is similarly allied.

Enough of the silly wedge you're trying to drive.

I know how much you love the idea of "lived experience", but it's no way to derive public policies.

That has literally nothing to do with the OP. But sure, derail the thread with some side obsession.
I've tried to keep others on track with the OP, but in this case I was asked a question.

You are defending outing children to their parents and banning GAC to people under age 26, not even just children. Own it.

You tell me, does GAC require consultation with the parents or not? And to be clear, on the outing question I separated the LGBs from the Ts, remember?

icehorse

Premium Member
Or perhaps it isn't an ideology so much as it is simple reason and compassion, and rather it's superstitious bigotry that's the fringe ideology.

You think it's compassionate to inflict dangerous, irreversible medical interventions with lifelong implications on confused young kids who have a good chance of grow out of their GD if allowed to go thru puberty naturally?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
First of all, it's a common mistake to lump the T's in with the LGBs, so there's that.

So if we refer to them as the two groups they actually are, can you say more about how this is evil? I mean what I've heard over and over again from supporters of GAC, is that the parents should be heavily involved, no?

Trans people have been part of the gay rights movement since the beginning. They were there at stonewall, for instance

icehorse

Premium Member
Yup. Why these obvious displays of bigotry are allowed to have a place is beyond my comprehension. Then again, we also had a "supreme court" that rendered half the population second class citizens, so... this "country" has become a joke. Land of the free? Not if you're female, a person of color, or LGBTQ+ it isn't.

I'll ask you a similar question: Why do you think the LGBs fall into the same category as the T's?

icehorse

Premium Member
This is dangerous considering homophobic/transphobic parents are also likely to be emotionally or even physically abusive, proving that the claim made by anti-lgbt activists of wanting to protect kids is a BS pretext/facade. It's all out of spite and malice.

I think you need to consider the LGBs separately from the Ts. I do think that some homophobic parents might direct their gay kid towards the trans path, and that's truly horrible.

So it sounds like we're agreed that the LGBs should not be outed? But what about the Ts? How to implement GAC on Ts without the parents? GAC supporters have told be over and over again that GAC DOES NOT HAPPEN without the parents' involvement, right?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I happened to find the proposed bill this morning on govtrack. Its proposed by Rep. Julia Letlow of Louisiana. It is called HR 5 "Parental Rights Act" and proposes that parents be informed about many things that happen in school as well as having a list of the books in the library. Parents would have to be informed if there were any fights in the school, anything dangerous that had happened. There are links to the text of any laws which would be changed by amending or striking.

There have been five revisions of the proposed bill, and what you see on govtrack is its approved form which is now up to the Senate, which the Senate may try to change and send back to the House, or it may vote it down.