• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, it totally throws the safety of the child out the window. Ethically I wouldn't be able to comply and make myself an accessory and enabler of an incident of child abuse.
Same, I treat minors at my clinic and state ordinances and HIPAA means I can't and won't tell parents *anything* we talked about during session, without their expressed written consent.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Modern trans activists have seriously devolved from those days :( E.g., they didn't use to brand lesbians "TERFS".
Lesbians - or cishet people, or anyone - aren't TERFs unless they say or do anti-trans things.

BTW - "TERF" is a term the "TERFs" came up with themselves.

Personally, I prefer FART (feminism-appropriating reactionary* transphobe). It's certainly more accurate, since there isn't really any "radical feminism" in being anti-trans.

*some definitions use "radical" or "ridiculous" instead.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Literally, just reporting what has happened is sufficient for them to be labelled "someone who has drunk the gender ideology koolaid".

I guarantee you will get nothing approaching an answer to this question.
I don't recall him ever answering my questions.
They're "disingenuous" or something.
Nonetheless, they must be asked.
And I hope for answers.

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
So you know more than groups like the LGB alliance?
LGB alliance has never provided support, advocacy or services for gay people or gay liberation.
It's an organization from the last few years that's sole purpose is to peddle conspiracy and oppose trans liberation.

These groups oppose bans on conversion therapy for trans people. Nothing more than a hate group hiding behind their homosexuality.

Just as you are cherry picking the doctors who match your pre-existing value tinted views on GAC, you are cherry picking homosexuals to defend backwards policy.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So it sounds like we're agreed that the LGBs should not be outed? But what about the Ts? How to implement GAC on Ts without the parents? GAC supporters have told be over and over again that GAC DOES NOT HAPPEN without the parents' involvement, right?

What are you worried about exactly? By chance, are you worried that gender-affirming is going to be administered without parental consent if the teachers don't out trans teenagers to potentially abusive parents? If the parents don't know already, chances are the teenagers feel unsafe and expect abusive reactions, thus why the label 'potentially abusive parents' is proper. Do you think your fear of gender-affirming care being somehow administered without parental consent justifies exposing trans teenagers to abuse?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
LGB alliance has never provided support, advocacy or services for gay people or gay liberation.
It's an organization from the few years that's sole purpose is to peddle conspiracy and oppose trans liberation.

These groups oppose bans on conversion therapy for trans people. Nothing more than a hate group hiding behind their homosexuality.

Just as you are cherry picking the doctors who match your pre-existing value tinted views on GAC, you are cherry picking homosexuals to defend backwards policy.
Even gay folk can be bigots.

Excerpted...
The LGB Alliance is a British nonprofit advocacy group founded in 2019, in opposition to the policies of LGBT rights charity Stonewall on transgender issues.[1] Its founders are Bev Jackson, Kate Harris, Allison Bailey, Malcolm Clark and Ann Sinnott. The organization has said that lesbians are facing "extinction" because of the "disproportionate" focus on transgender identities in schools.[2]

The LGB Alliance describes its objective as "asserting the right of lesbians, bisexuals and gay men to define themselves as same-sex attracted", and states that such a right is threatened by "attempts to introduce confusion between biological sex and the notion of gender".[1] The group has opposed a ban on conversion therapy for trans people in the UK,[3] opposed the use of puberty blockers for children,[4] and opposed gender recognition reform.[5]

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How do you find the article inaccurate?

- it claims that LGBTQ+ people are being targeted, that's not true. GAC applies ONLY to kids who MIGHT end up trans.
- it claims that GAC can be life saving. This is a common mantra, but there is no good quality evidence to support that claim. This is a key point in this debate, not a detail. If GAC has no demonstrated efficacy then it should be curtailed until it's proven effective.
- it uses the phrase "sex assigned at birth" which is another phrase cooked up by trans activists. Sex is not "assigned at birth" it is ESTABLISHED AT CONCEPTION. (Sorry, I originally said CREATION, I meant CONCEPTION)

As a side note, my take is that the GOP is doing the right thing, but for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

icehorse

Premium Member
It's an organization from the few years that's sole purpose is to peddle conspiracy and oppose trans liberation.

I disagree with most everything you just said.

icehorse

Premium Member
What are you worried about exactly? By chance, are you worried that gender-affirming is going to be administered without parental consent if the teachers don't out trans teenagers to potentially abusive parents? If the parents don't know already, chances are the teenagers feel unsafe and expect abusive reactions, thus why the label 'potentially abusive parents' is proper. Do you think your fear of gender-affirming care being somehow administered without parental consent justifies exposing trans teenagers to abuse?

I'm not afraid of GAC. I fear for the kids who receive it, that's a big difference. GAC is a lifelong commitment, it's dangerous, and it's efficacy remains unproven despite what the activists keep chanting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- it claims that LGBTQ+ people are being targeted, that's not true. GAC applies ONLY to kids who MIGHT end up trans.
- it claims that GAC can be life saving. This is a common mantra, but there is no good quality evidence to support that claim. This is a key point in this debate, not a detail. If GAC has no demonstrated efficacy then it should be curtailed until it's proven effective.
- it uses the phrase "sex assigned at birth" which is another phrase cooked up by trans activists. Sex is not "assigned at birth" it is ESTABLISHED AT CREATION.
Is this is a God's creation thing?

icehorse

Premium Member
The LGB Alliance describes its objective as "asserting the right of lesbians, bisexuals and gay men to define themselves as same-sex attracted", and states that such a right is threatened by "attempts to introduce confusion between biological sex and the notion of gender".[1]
And what's wrong with this stance?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'm not afraid of GAC. I fear for the kids who receive it, that's a big difference. GAC is a lifelong commitment, it's dangerous, and it's efficacy remains unproven despite what the activists keep chanting.

Not quite what I have said. Let me rephrase it: Do you think people are justified to expose trans teenagers to potentially abusive parents just because you see a risk in those teens being subject to gender-affirming care without parental consent?

icehorse

Premium Member
Not quite what I have said. Let me rephrase it: Do you think people are justified to expose trans teenagers to potentially abusive parents just because you see a risk in those teens being subject to gender-affirming care without parental consent?

That's a question I'm still thinking about. But since it IS such a thorny question, that seems like yet another reason to suspend GAC.

What I can say though is that I think a lot of premature, misdiagnosing happens. Many kids with GD grow out of it as they pass through puberty. So being too quick to label a kid "trans" seems like a big issue.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sorry, my mistake, I said CREATION when I meant CONCEPTION. I've edited that post.
Do you believe that the phenotype
is entirely determined at conception?
Ref...

Last edited: