• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
No one needs to read your mind, we can all read your words. You are not subtle.
Having been misquoted sooo many times by your cohort I think it's far more likely that you've drunk the koolaid. If not, why would you need to misquote me, wouldn't your logic hold up on its own?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I directed you to the definition. Be satisfied.
No,you didn't.
Read the copy/paste explanation in post #812. Someone seems to think it explains everything.
Here is 812.
Okay then.

Phrases like "defending [insert race here] culture" are most often used as a cover for advancing ideas that are explicitly not about "defending" anything, but are used to insinuate or mask racist ideas. Like the people who marched under the banner "whites have rights too" in protests against de-segregation. They weren't making an uncontroversial statement about how rights apply to all races, including whites. They were explicitly framing the act of desegregation as an attack on white rights. They were attempting to hide the explicit racism of what they were actually doing (opposing desegregation) by claiming the intent was actually somehow anti-racism against them. It's a fairly common tactic, and only idiots fall for it.

Do you get it?

Laniakea

Not of this world
No,you didn't.

Here is 812.
Yep! That's the reply I got when I asked someone why they think it's racist to defend "white culture". He repeated that post 2 more times after I asked for clarification, so I guess it must've been a valid answer.

Shadow Wolf

Yep! That's the reply I got when I asked someone why they think it's racist to defend "white culture". He repeated that post 2 more times after I asked for clarification, so I guess it must've been a valid answer.
But that isn't definiting or telling us what white culture is.

icehorse

Premium Member
Show where people have put words in your mouth.
Ha ha. Nope this is your claim, you gotta do the fact finding. So you show me a series of posts in which I say X, another poster says I said Y, and I say strawman.

And we'll see if the other poster was strawmanning me or not.

Laniakea

Not of this world
But that isn't definiting or telling us what white culture is.
That's what I told him. I never did get a straight answer. But the initial claim that defending white culture is racist seemed to make sense to him at the time, even though I never got an answer about what that even means.

Shadow Wolf

That's what I told him. I never did get a straight answer. But the initial claim that defending white culture is racist seemed to make sense to him at the time, even though I never got an answer about what that even means.
That doesn't have a damn thing to do with explaining to me what white culture is.

Laniakea

Not of this world
That doesn't have a damn thing to do with explaining to me what white culture is.
I agree. He couldn't tell me either.
Frustrating, isn't it?

Oh well, since I'm white, I guess I'd be racist for engaging in the culture of my race. But then again, it would be "cultural appropriation" if I were to adopt the culture of any other race. Looks like us white folk just have to be without culture if we want to be accepted as equals by other cultures, or at least tolerate being called the "oppressors" of the other cultures.

Last edited:

icehorse

Premium Member
You are the one claiming the dozens of times you've used "strawman" is defending yourself against having words put in your mouth. I'm not claiming that. I'm calling bollocks.
Sorry, this one is on you to prove.

You initiated this issue by whining about the fact that I have to repeatedly call you on your poor logic. You need to prove that your criticisms of me are valid. It's not on me, I'm innocent until proven guilty.

So scurry off now and find an example of an exchange and I'll take the time to review it with you.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Your obfuscating is getting tiresome.

Your own post (#769): South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.
"Suuuure, and "defending white culture isn't racist".

Again, what makes defending white culture racist?
Yep! That's the reply I got when I asked someone why they think it's racist to defend "white culture".
See, I knew explaining the point still wouldn't result in you understanding it.

Why bother asking me to explain my point - and me doing so, REPEATEDLY - if you're still just going to plough ahead and REPEATEDLY accuse me of making statements I never made anyway?

Don't waste my time in future.

Last edited:

wellwisher

OK, then take the decisions away from the teens, his/her parents, and their doctors and give it to a governmental body.

Got it.
How about we do the same with other now legal age appropriate behavior, such as own guns, drive cars, drink alcohol, buy hard prescription drugs, make legal contracts, etc, at 5 years old. If young children are old enough to understand and choose major and irreversible life altering surgery, even without parental involvement or consent, why not have teachers become the main influencers for 5-10 year old in terms of their right to drive cars, carry guns, smoke cigarettes, while driving themselves to transgender surgery? They can pick up their own pains killers at the Pharmacy. We can put it all on Medicaid's tab. They are old and wise enough to make adult decisions.

Can you see the irrationality, if we take this Lefty illogic to the limit? Young people have always had to sneak behind their parents back to do all these things; borrow the family car at night at14, drink beer or smoke cigarettes at 10, do drugs as a teen or younger, or even abuse the neighbor's cat. These behavior are not age appropriate or appropriate, and many are dangerous to the young people and/or their victims. Parents can and will be held liable, even if teachers, car thieves, older teens, and drug pushers are instigating these behavior. In all case, the parents are left to pick up the pieces. I realize the Left works hard to protect criminals and instigators, but it seems to ignore the needs of all their victims. You can get away with murder in NYC, if you are an illegal immigrant, regardless of your age; minors.

Common sense is coming back to the country, and the irrational left is not sure what to do, since they are not very rational and used to getting their way. Their gang attack and bully approach; social media and fake news, and the word game scams and guilt trips; white guilt, to get their way, is backfiring The crooks at the top are now backed into a corner and no longer hiding their intent out of desperation. This is causing their resistance to get larger and even stronger.

Child abusers do not fair well in prison. Even hardened predators have a soft spot for abused children. Many hardened criminals were abused by predator adults, conning them into damaging and life altering situations. Predator teachers may need some behavior altering therapy, in prison, living among former abused children, who lift weights and are part of gangs.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
How about we do the same with other now legal age appropriate behavior, such as own guns, drive cars, drink alcohol, buy hard prescription drugs, make legal contracts, etc, at 5 years old. If young children are old enough to understand and choose major and irreversible life altering surgery, even without parental involvement or consent, why not have teachers become the main influencers for 5-10 year old in terms of their right to drive cars, carry guns, smoke cigarettes, while driving themselves to transgender surgery? They can pick up their own pains killers at the Pharmacy.

So, you are all fine & dandy having government make all important decisions for us not matter how personal it is? That's "fascism", wellwisher. That's what tyrants do.

BTW, the children with sexuality issues do not have such surgeries except in extremely rare cases [a bit over 1%]. If the teen, parents, doctors, and psychologists agree, the teen is almost always put on hormone suppressants to as to wait until they're older.

Can you see the irrationality, if we take this Lefty illogic to the limit?

Your continued stereotyping is blatantly dishonest, but that doesn't seem to bother you one iota.

Common sense is coming back to the country,

Through Trump and his minions??? R-i-g-h-t :rolleyes:

Many Republicans have left the party because of him, and many others will stay Republican but say they will not vote for him, and that includes many of the people he appointed.

Laniakea

Not of this world
See, I knew explaining the point still wouldn't result in you understanding it.

Why bother asking me to explain my point - and me doing so, REPEATEDLY - if you're still just going to plough ahead and REPEATEDLY accuse me of making statements I never made anyway?

Don't waste my time in future.

If you don't want to waste time, then just tell us what you think White Culture is. Don't post articles, or copy/paste what others say, or post multiple questions in response to my question.