• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you don't want to waste time, then just tell us what you think White Culture is. Don't post articles, or copy/paste what others say, or post multiple questions in response to my question.
"White culture" doesn't exist.

There is no common culture across white people generally. "White culture" is a racist trope by people who seek to divide humanity along racial lines... i.e. racists.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
So, you're just going to completely change the subject to distract from the fact that you demonstrably misrepresented me, REPEATEDLY, even after I explained my point, again REPEATEDLY?

Cool.
Wait, what?! Are you saying someone stawmanned you? Oh noes!

Sucks, doesn't it.

Laniakea

Not of this world
"White culture" doesn't exist.

There is no common culture across white people generally. "White culture" is a racist trope by people who seek to divide humanity along racial lines... i.e. racists.
Same goes for those who celebrate any other culture, correct? Black, Hispanic, Native American, etc.?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Same goes for those who celebrate any other culture, correct? Black, Hispanic, Native American, etc.?
Yeah, see Hispanic culture does share many things in common. Of course each country is different, but they're Spanish, typically Catholic and conservative, even living arrangements tend to differ from what we know.
White culture? English? American? French? German? Are we including Middle Easterners and Hispanics who are white but not Caucasian?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Yeah, see Hispanic culture does share many things in common. Of course each country is different, but they're Spanish, typically Catholic and conservative, even living arrangements tend to differ from what we know.
White culture? English? American? French? German? Are we including Middle Easterners and Hispanics who are white but not Caucasian?

It depends on how they identify.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Wait, what?! Are you saying someone stawmanned you? Oh noes!

Sucks, doesn't it.
It does, when it actually happens. Partly because people constantly accuse others of doing it when they're not, which muddies the water.

Almost as if dishonestly accusing people of doing it constantly is a deliberate effort to render actual examples of it less notable, and thus get away with doing it more often.

Interesting thought.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Guys, the discussion about what "white culture" is or isn't is a distraction. Don't feed the trolls. Stick to the main point: that people who oppose progressive policies often frame their opposition not as what it is (i.e: attacking policies that attempt to address systemic, legal or social inequalities), but instead to frame it as a defence of an arbitrarily defined category that they are attempting to portray those policies as an attack on.

As in "I am not attacking trans people/policies/healthcare, I am defending biological sex", or "I am not attacking immigration/multiculturalism/civil rights, I am defending [insert group here] culture".

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It does, when it actually happens. Partly because people constantly accuse others of doing it when they're not, which muddies the water.

Almost as if dishonestly accusing people of doing it constantly is a deliberate effort to render actual examples of it less notable, and thus get away with doing it more often.

Interesting thought.
thank goodness you're here, with your supernatural, unbiased powers, to guide us :rolleyes:

Laniakea

Not of this world
That doesn't answer the question of what is white culture. What is it?
It answered the question you asked: "White culture? English? American? French? German? Are we including Middle Easterners and Hispanics who are white but not Caucasian?

If you want questions answered, don't move the goalpost after asking the question.