• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Special Creation

Ben Masada

Oh please

Woody Allen isnt an atheist?

geez....you really are uninformed

Allen is a well known atheist, watch his films!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]Woody Allen (1935-)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]American comic actor, writer, and filmmaker[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]
ani3woody32.gif
The chief problem about death, incidentally, is the fear that there may be no afterlife -- a depressing thought, particularly for those who have bothered to shave. Also, there is the fear that there is an afterlife but no one will know where it's being held.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, "The Early Essays," Without Feathers[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]I do occasionally envy the person who is religious naturally, without being brainwashed into it or suckered into it by all the organized hustles.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, Rolling Stone, 1987[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, "Selections from the Allen Notebooks," in New Yorker, Nov. 5, 1973[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, "My Philosophy," The New Yorker (December 27, 1969), Getting Even "My Philosophy" (1971)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, from the final monologue in his film, Love and Death (Thanks, Geof!)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen (attributed: source unknown)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]
allenwoody.jpg
In real life, Keaton believes in God. But she also believes that the radio works because there are tiny people inside it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, (attributed: source unknown)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]I don't want to achieve immortality through my work ... I want to achieve it through not dying.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Woody Allen, quoted in: Edward Lax, Woody Allen and his Comedy, ch. 12 (1975), quoted from The Columbia Dictionary of Quotations[/SIZE][/FONT]
aaa.300.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]If Woody Allen were a Muslim, he'd be dead by now.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]-- Salman Rushdie, Indian-born British author, quoted in: Independent (London, 18 February 1989), quoted from The Columbia Dictionary of Quotations[/SIZE][/FONT]

You're arguments are puerile....

Coming from a LONG line of Jewish Athiests I find your bigotry highly offensive

Clearly you have never been to New York City, which is FULL of Atheist Jews

And for you those jokes above are the epitome of an Atheist? I am sorry for you, Mr. Cheese.

Ben Masada

You are the bigot because you point at others that arent religiously as adherant or fundamental or orthodox as you, and state they arent Jews

Nevertheless, one does not have to be religious to be a Jew.

You are aware, by your Yardstick, Einstein would NOT BE A JEW....right?

Wrong! I have read several biographies of Einstein. I don't recal that he rejected Judaism to confes the tenents of another faith.

2000 yrs of persecution by the gentiles? perhaps if there wasnt so much arrogance then things may have been different..... The holocaust happend, but you know this revisionist history where it was all the gentiles fault and the Jews were blameless is total hogwash.

I don't believe it is our alleged arrogance that has caused the larger population to keep ours in check, but some kind of innate jealousy which has caused the birth of Antisemitism.

The Jews were blameless, we we just persecuted by the gentiles...boo hoooo lets cry about it, and create another ghetto for ourselves.

We never created ghettoes for ourselves. They were always created by Gentiles, especially Christianity to keep us away from the larger population.

Jews like you think they have the monopoly on being persecuted. You know neo nazi's and protestants claim they are persecuted too you know. Considering how successful, intelligent, sexy, how much difference we have made to the world and hard working Jews are.......... It is time to grow up and stop being big babies:sad4:

They are not the ones who had six million of their people murdered.

How many Jewish Shanty towns in the 3rd world do you see?

Instead of these bursts of jealousy, why don't you (the Gentile population) work diligently as Jews do to raise your towns from dilapidating conditions?

Puhlease...your assertions are, to be polite, troublesome.

You haven't been polite yourself. Why should I turn the other cheek? That Jewish phase is over.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Pride comes before a fall....

“A learned and charitable man had constant problems with pride. He was told that if he could learn to be humble, he would become a perfect person. The man listened to the advice and dedicated himself to the study of the questions of humility until he knew, almost by heart, all the recommendations to avoid pride. One day, someone failed to show him due deference. The man who thought himself humble, came to the person and said, “You fool! Don’t you realize since I learned about humility, I am a man of perfect character, deserving respect?”

–The Kabbalah of Envy

It's better to fall than to stand as a slave of mediocrity. We have used humility before and not only ourselves but the whole world knows what happened to us. Respect is imposed only by show of strength. The best deterrant to exploitation are sizeable fangs.

Mr Cheese

You are the bigot because you point at others that arent religiously as adherant or fundamental or orthodox as you, and state they arent Jews

Nevertheless, one does not have to be religious to be a Jew.

You are aware, by your Yardstick, Einstein would NOT BE A JEW....right?

Wrong! I have read several biographies of Einstein. I don't recal that he rejected Judaism to confes the tenents of another faith.

2000 yrs of persecution by the gentiles? perhaps if there wasnt so much arrogance then things may have been different..... The holocaust happend, but you know this revisionist history where it was all the gentiles fault and the Jews were blameless is total hogwash.

I don't believe it is our alleged arrogance that has caused the larger population to keep ours in check, but some kind of innate jealousy which has caused the birth of Antisemitism.

The Jews were blameless, we we just persecuted by the gentiles...boo hoooo lets cry about it, and create another ghetto for ourselves.

We never created ghettoes for ourselves. They were always created by Gentiles, especially Christianity to keep us away from the larger population.

Jews like you think they have the monopoly on being persecuted. You know neo nazi's and protestants claim they are persecuted too you know. Considering how successful, intelligent, sexy, how much difference we have made to the world and hard working Jews are.......... It is time to grow up and stop being big babies:sad4:

They are not the ones who had six million of their people murdered.

How many Jewish Shanty towns in the 3rd world do you see?

Instead of these bursts of jealousy, why don't you (the Gentile population) work diligently as Jews do to raise your towns from dilapidating conditions?

You haven't been polite yourself. Why should I turn the other cheek? That Jewish phase is over.

Judaism shares some of the characteristics of a nation, an ethnicity, a religion, and a culture, making the definition of who is a Jew vary slightly depending on whether a religious or national approach to identity is used.[28] Generally, in modern secular usage, Jews include three groups: people who were born to a Jewish family regardless of whether or not they follow the religion, those who have some Jewish ancestral background or lineage (sometimes including those who do not have strictly matrilineal descent), and people without any Jewish ancestral background or lineage who have formally converted to Judaism and therefore are followers of the religion.[29] At times conversion has accounted for a substantial part of Jewish population growth. In the first century of the Christian era, for example, the population more than doubled, from 4 to 8–10 million within the confines of the Roman Empire, in good part as a result of a wave of conversion.[30]
Historical definitions of Jewish identity have traditionally been based on halakhic definitions of matrilineal descent, and halakhic conversions. Historical definitions of who is a Jew date back to the codification of the oral tradition into the Babylonian Talmud. Interpretations of sections of the Tanakh, such as Deuteronomy 7:1-5, by learned Jewish sages, are used as a warning against intermarriage between Jews and non-Jews because "[the non-Jewish male spouse] will cause your child to turn away from Me and they will worship the gods of others." Leviticus 24:10 says that the son in a marriage between a Hebrew woman and an Egyptian man is "of the community of Israel." This contrasts with Ezra 10:2-3, where Israelites returning from Babylon vow to put aside their gentile wives and their children.[31][32] Since the Haskalah, these halakhic interpretations of Jewish identity have been challenged.[33]

I am a Jew, silly man,....

as was my mother, and her mother, and her mother, and her mother, and her mother.....

haven't I explained this already

Jealousy?

I am jealous of one who denies his own brothers and sisters?

By your words you assert many Jews are even Jews at all.

That IS and remains my point.....

Going by the below, your denial of my Jewishness and practically my entire family is

but shrug...thats fundamentalists for you

Mr Cheese

You realise you sound no different to a muslim fundamentalist or anyother fundamentalist?

I guess you see no problem with this

Ben Masada

Judaism shares some of the characteristics of a nation, an ethnicity, a religion, and a culture, making the definition of who is a Jew vary slightly depending on whether a religious or national approach to identity is used.[28] Generally, in modern secular usage, Jews include three groups: people who were born to a Jewish family regardless of whether or not they follow the religion, those who have some Jewish ancestral background or lineage (sometimes including those who do not have strictly matrilineal descent), and people without any Jewish ancestral background or lineage who have formally converted to Judaism and therefore are followers of the religion.[29] At times conversion has accounted for a substantial part of Jewish population growth. In the first century of the Christian era, for example, the population more than doubled, from 4 to 8–10 million within the confines of the Roman Empire, in good part as a result of a wave of conversion.[30]
Historical definitions of Jewish identity have traditionally been based on halakhic definitions of matrilineal descent, and halakhic conversions. Historical definitions of who is a Jew date back to the codification of the oral tradition into the Babylonian Talmud. Interpretations of sections of the Tanakh, such as Deuteronomy 7:1-5, by learned Jewish sages, are used as a warning against intermarriage between Jews and non-Jews because "[the non-Jewish male spouse] will cause your child to turn away from Me and they will worship the gods of others." Leviticus 24:10 says that the son in a marriage between a Hebrew woman and an Egyptian man is "of the community of Israel." This contrasts with Ezra 10:2-3, where Israelites returning from Babylon vow to put aside their gentile wives and their children.[31][32] Since the Haskalah, these halakhic interpretations of Jewish identity have been challenged.[33]

I am a Jew, silly man,....

as was my mother, and her mother, and her mother, and her mother, and her mother.....

haven't I explained this already

Jealousy?

I am jealous of one who denies his own brothers and sisters?

By your words you assert many Jews are even Jews at all.

That IS and remains my point.....

Going by the below, your denial of my Jewishness and practically my entire family is

but shrug...thats fundamentalists for you

I am Sorry Mr. Cheese! Nice research you have done above. I loved it. However, your confession is going to ostracize me a little, because, if there is a thing I avoid in forums is to debate Jews. Not good for the cause. But see you around, as I will be reading some of your posts.