• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Senator Proposes Mandatory Vasectomies for Nebraskans

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Genius. Coming from a Republican Nebraskan State Senator, nonetheless!
https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/status/1556706093275009030

"I am supporting legislation to MANDATE vasectomies for all Nebraska males. Cash rewards will be offered to people who TURN IN men who refuse to comply. If we are going to control women's bodies, we may as well go all the way with the authoritarianism." :thumbsup:
follow up Tweet:
(Obviously, I am not serious. This would be ludicrous, but this is JUST as ludicrous as the government telling a woman what to do with her own body. Real Republicans support the freedom to choose).

regulate dick.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Actually no pro-life activist is against contraception or sterilization (except very extreme cases)
It has nothing to do with bodily autonomy.
It has to do with the fact that they consider the fetus a third. A human life, separated from the mother.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate his point.
Since it deals with a personal choice, a right that women have achieved.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Actually no pro-life activist is against contraception or sterilization (except very extreme cases)
It has to do with the fact that they consider the fetus a third. A human life, separated from the mother.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate his point.
Since it deals with a personal choice, a right that women havw achieved.
But how can it be “separated from the mother” before it is separated from the mother?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another fool who thinks abortion is only about
regulating the mother. If we're to have a real
discussion with anti-abortion types, we must
recognize their views on life & the fetus.

Note:
I am not just pro-choice.
I'm pro-abortion, ie, we shouldn't even
discourage it. It's not at all wrong.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Genius. Coming from a Republican Nebraskan State Senator, nonetheless!
https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/status/1556706093275009030

"I am supporting legislation to MANDATE vasectomies for all Nebraska males. Cash rewards will be offered to people who TURN IN men who refuse to comply. If we are going to control women's bodies, we may as well go all the way with the authoritarianism." :thumbsup:
follow up Tweet:
(Obviously, I am not serious. This would be ludicrous, but this is JUST as ludicrous as the government telling a woman what to do with her own body. Real Republicans support the freedom to choose).

View attachment 65311

Bwahahahahah I love it.

More.outbursts like this and I might be a republican myself :p

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Another fool who thinks abortion is only about
regulating the mother. If we're to have a real
discussion with anti-abortion types, we must
recognize their views on life & the fetus.

Note:
I am not just pro-choice.
I'm pro-abortion, ie, we shouldn't even
discourage it. It's not at all wrong.

It may not be *only* about that. But that is what and how the average person sees it. Even from the GOP camp it seems.

So from that perspective, we have to start somewhere. May as well be their level.

Edit: My preference is to give every woman in the US a free vibrator, and everyman a Fleshlight. Who needs sex these days, if idiots are gonna tell me what to do with the results.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It may not be *only* about that. But that is what and how the average person sees it. Even from the GOP camp it seems.

So from that perspective, we have to start somewhere. May as well be their level.

Edit: My preference is to give every woman in the US a free vibrator, and everyman a Fleshlight. Who needs sex these days, if idiots are gonna tell me what to do with the results.
Not all GOPs are anti-abortion.
Neither are all Dems pro-choice.
It's useful to treat them all with trying to understand
their position, rather than attacking a straw man person.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Not all GOPs are anti-abortion.
Neither are all Dems pro-choice.
It's useful to treat them all with trying to understand
their position, rather than attacking a straw man person.

No, but the either or dem/GOP you reference is a strawman in itself.

As those are a minority in either camp, and therefore not influential deviations from either side.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
New Actually no pro-life activist is against contraception or sterilization (except very extreme cases)
Their actions suggest otherwise. Generally, anti-choicers' actions are consistently against bodily autonomy (even when it's likely to increase the number of abortions), but they run hot and cold on actually working against abortion.