• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Senator Proposes Mandatory Vasectomies for Nebraskans

Truth in love

Is government-enforced birth on par with a government-enforced vasectomy?
If there were government-enforced vasectomies, would there be any need for government-enforced births?
Which scenario is likely to cause more harm to the recipient, the government-enforced vasectomy, or the government-enforced birth?

1. There is a host of birth control out there for those who don't want to get pregnant.
2. If push comes to shove one could even try abstinence.
3. The issue is the bodily anatomy of the child. Why don't they get a say in what happens to their body?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
1. There is a host of birth control out there for those who don't want to get pregnant.
2. If push comes to shove one could even try abstinence.
3. The issue is the bodily anatomy of the child. Why don't they get a say in what happens to their body?
How much bodily autonomy does it have when it has never been able to even breath on its own yet?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think some people just hear words and then repeat them without knowing or even caring what they mean.

No, the fetus does not have bodily autonomy because it is not autonomous.

If you don’t know what those words mean, look them up.

Truth in love

I think some people just hear words and then repeat them without knowing or even caring what they mean.

No, the fetus does not have bodily autonomy because it is not autonomous.

If you don’t know what those words mean, look them up.

Thanks for the condescending advice on how to be okay with genocidal policies. I decline to adopt such evil in my life.

Truth in love

Many things do....
Fetus, ear, nose, junk, baby, Trump
Doesn't make them all the same thing.

A couple posters say otherwise.
But hey...liberals...they've a low opinion of me too.

If we let lack of development be grounds for being less than human where is line? What protects those with low IQ and other factors that have historically been used for genocide?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If we let lack of development be grounds for being less than human where is line?
Everyone draws a line...tis a necessary thing to do.
Sperm cell, unfertilized egg, fertilized egg, zygote,
healthy fetus, unhealthy fetus with anencephaly,
foot, arm, leg, etc.
All have human DNA. Some will develop into humans. Some won't
The question of where to draw the line shouldn't mean taking the
most extreme possible because of some slippery slope.
What protects those with low IQ and other factors that have historically been used for genocide?
Society will reach some consensus. Depending upon
when & where, there might or might not be protection.
Once again, questions shouldn't mean the extreme
position is the best one.

Truth in love

Everyone draws a line...tis a necessary thing to do.
Sperm cell, unfertilized egg, fertilized egg, zygote,
healthy fetus, unhealthy fetus with anencephaly,
foot, arm, leg, etc.
All have human DNA. Some will develop into humans. Some won't
The question of where to draw the line shouldn't mean taking the
most extreme possible because of some slippery slope.

Society will reach some consensus. Depending upon
when & where, there might or might not be protection.
Once again, questions shouldn't mean the extreme
position is the best one.

Not always, but we've seen what happens when the rules are removed Progressive era USA, Nazi, FDR, Belgium euthanasia: Three doctors accused in unprecedented trial, (There was also a story of grandma being held down and killed by family, but I'm not finding that link).

I'm not big on extremes, but don't kill people seems like a good idea.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not always, but we've seen what happens when the rules are removed Progressive era USA, Nazi, FDR, Belgium euthanasia: Three doctors accused in unprecedented trial, (There was also a story of grandma being held down and killed by family, but I'm not finding that link).
Who's proposing having no rules?
Your citations had plenty of rules....just not to your liking.
I'm not big on extremes....
Where do you draw the line on illegal vs illegal abortion?
...but don't kill people seems like a good idea.
We disagree about the legal definition of "people".

Truth in love

Who's proposing having no rules?
Your citations had plenty of rules....just not to your liking.

Where do you draw the line on illegal vs illegal abortion?

We disagree about the legal definition of "people".

When the legal lines excludes someone it really sucks for them.

I’ve seen several lines on abortion.

the no never, even to save mom is nuts.

the next spot is only to save mom.
After that we have to save mom and if there is rape or incest. (Very much on the following through with your choice, but not having others choices pushed on you.)
I find both of the above very reasonable places to draw the line.

After this we have areas of how developed they are. The most extremes here are several years post birth.

If the right to life is gone it’s pretty hard to enjoy any other rights.

crossfire

Premium Member
It has a short term disability for its independence that most often will resolve in time.

Can I walk through the ICU and pull all the plugs as they lack independence???
Unlike a fetus or an embroyo, those beings have had the autonomy to at least breathe on their own during their lifetime.

crossfire

Premium Member
Where is the line????
I'm setting a pretty low bar for bodily autonomy--having once been able to breathe on one's own. I'll even go so far as to count a fetus that can breathe on its own if it is immediately separated from its host as having some degree of bodily autonomy. Basically, I draw the line at viability, especially if bodily autonomy is being argued.

Truth in love

I'm setting a pretty low bar for bodily autonomy--having once been able to breathe on one's own. I'll even go so far as to count a fetus that can breathe on its own if it is immediately separated from its host as having some degree of bodily autonomy. Basically, I draw the line at viability, especially if bodily autonomy is being argued.

So the line off JR. is determined by the level of womb simulation tech we develop. If we make it a bit better “meaningful life” moves?

Truth in love

additional thought this would really make when you become human dependent on how stable the power grid is.