• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Senator Proposes Mandatory Vasectomies for Nebraskans

Truth in love

Here is how you know if something is natural or not. If you need a government and laws and courts and police and jails to force something, it is not natural.

The male provides a little jism (that is biology), that is not enough to give him the right to make decisions for someone else for nine months.

Like I said SEXIST. Your dismissing men entirely with this. (Not to mention throwing jr under the bus.).
Now granted some men are jerks, but to assume that all men are not invested in their kids and have no rights is very wrong.

Truth in love

Pregnancy and childbirth isn't a high level life altering event?

very few people are unaware of how pregnancy occurs. Someone having sex is therefore almost assured to know that pregnancy could happen. So why it’s an event it not unexpected. Now being pregnant and then learning you have cancer that would be a major thing, but a ton of abortions ore due to whim.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
very few people are unaware of how pregnancy occurs. Someone having sex is therefore almost assured to know that pregnancy could happen. So why it’s an event it not unexpected.
So it's about sex to you?
Now being pregnant and then learning you have cancer that would be a major thing,
It would be catastrophic.
...but a ton of abortions ore due to whim.
How can you be so sure? Did you interview women who chose abortion? If so, how many?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not a bad idea, actually. Vasectomies are reversible. So when men are ready and responsible enough to think about having children, they can get it reversed.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Genius. Coming from a Republican Nebraskan State Senator, nonetheless!
https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/status/1556706093275009030

"I am supporting legislation to MANDATE vasectomies for all Nebraska males. Cash rewards will be offered to people who TURN IN men who refuse to comply. If we are going to control women's bodies, we may as well go all the way with the authoritarianism." :thumbsup:
follow up Tweet:
(Obviously, I am not serious. This would be ludicrous, but this is JUST as ludicrous as the government telling a woman what to do with her own body. Real Republicans support the freedom to choose).

View attachment 65311
What a moron.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Many yes not all. Do you want me to believe that there are a million plus drastic life threatening events and high level life altering events each year for women in the US?
And you think you know better than they do, what's best for their lives, for their situations, and for their health, do you?

Go look up the maternal mortality rate in the US, and then get back to us.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Objectivity is rare.

mom which side do we want to risk that we err. The side of inconvenience or the side of genocide?
Calling it "genocide" is quite an extreme misunderstanding.
No group is being wiped out.
As I (& many others) see things, illegalizing abortion is
very authoritarian. Too much power for government.

Truth in love

So it's about sex to you?

It would be catastrophic.

How can you be so sure? Did you interview women who chose abortion? If so, how many?

Personally interviews no. Been reading what they say and listening to them for a few dozen years? Yes.

In most cases its personal convenience, not drastic life or death like events and have jr offed (some of them even really like the idea of having JR chopped up that seems to be a small group, but is down right scary).

Truth in love

Calling it "genocide" is quite an extreme misunderstanding.
No group is being wiped out.
As I (& many others) see things, illegalizing abortion is
very authoritarian. Too much power for government.

The unborn are a group. Stat wise blacks in the US and White in in world are very much over represented.

However lets compare the government control.
While there are some variation the anti abortion laws basically say "You can't take an action that ends that life"

We have in the USA a government which dictates what medications I can take for which problem (overriding local doctors many times)
We have a system that decides what signs go into a restaurant and how much detail must be offered on calories.
In WA state I would need 4 separate licenses to haul scrap metal (each with a fee and no requirement to be issued if someone dislikes me)
We have the requirement to subvert religious belief to public accommodation laws (something you often advocate for)
We have laws on dishwasher power use, requirements that electronic devices accept interference and federal regulation on cans of hair spray.
And this is a short list.

How can protecting the unborn even make the list of excessive government control vs. the massive hoop jumping done every day when no life is possibly at stake?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The unborn are a group. Stat wise blacks in the US and White in in world are very much over represented.

While there are some variation the anti abortion laws basically say "You can't take an action that ends that life"

We have in the USA a government which dictates what medications I can take for which problem (overriding local doctors many times)
We have a system that decides what signs go into a restaurant and how much detail must be offered on calories.
In WA state I would need 4 separate licenses to haul scrap metal (each with a fee and no requirement to be issued if someone dislikes me)
We have the requirement to subvert religious belief to public accommodation laws (something you often advocate for)
We have laws on dishwasher power use, requirements that electronic devices accept interference and federal regulation on cans of hair spray.

How can protecting the unborn even make the list of excessive government control vs. the massive hoop jumping done every day when no life is possibly at stake?
Perhaps because protecting the actual living, is of the utmost importance.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The unborn are a group.
2 problems with the claim....
- Fetuses aren't a group in the context of "genocide".
- Fetuses aren't being wiped out.
Stat wise blacks in the US and White in in world are very much over represented.

About half the country don't agree that a fetus
is a "life" comparable to a baby. You have your
view otherwise, but it's subjective, & not a good
basis for imposing it upon others.

Micro-regulation of our lives in other areas isn't
justification to do it regarding abortion.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Personally interviews no. Been reading what they say and listening to them for a few dozen years? Yes.

In most cases its personal convenience, not drastic life or death like events and have jr offed (some of them even really like the idea of having JR chopped up that seems to be a small group, but is down right scary).
Is pregnancy and childbirth a mere inconvenience? (Because equivalating abortion to a mere convenience is putting pregnancy and childbirth into the category of mere inconvenience.)

Truth in love

2 problems with the claim....
- Fetuses aren't a group in the context of "genocide".
- Fetuses aren't being wiped out.

About half the country don't agree that a fetus
is a "life" comparable to a baby. You have your
view otherwise, but it's subjective, & not a good
basis for imposing it upon others.

Micro-regulation of our lives in other areas isn't
justification to do it regarding abortion.

Right so the willful killing of 14 million plus a year is totally not trying to wipe them out (How Many Abortions Per Year in the World.

I see so you support massive regulation in tons of areas of my life, but in the name of freedom the unborn must die.

Yeah that one we will NEVER agree on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right so the willful killing of 14 million plus a year is totally not trying to wipe them out (How Many Abortions Per Year in the World.
They are definitely not being wiped out as a group.
The planet's populace continues to increase.
I see so you support massive regulation in tons of areas of my life, but in the name of freedom the unborn must die.
What massive regulation in your
life do you think I support?
Certainly nothing on the scale of your
wanting to regulate reproduction.

Truth in love

Is pregnancy and childbirth a mere inconvenience? (Because equivalating abortion to a mere convenience is putting pregnancy and childbirth into the category of mere inconvenience.)

What do you want to call it? It can be highly inconvenient, but aside from life of mom its not likely to be lethal (unlike abortion). In many states (not sure about all) a mother can had over a baby she does not feel she can care for without any legal penalties. So the length of difficulty is not supper long evne though at times is can be very difficult.

Truth in love

They are definitely not being wiped out as a group.
The planet's populace continues to increase.

What massive regulation in your
life do you think I support?
Certainly nothing on the scale of your
wanting to regulate reproduction.
You've argued a few times for people to be required to provide goods and services they think are morally unacceptable. I'm simply saying you can't off your baby outside of extreme circumstances. It seems a pretty low bar.

Population is increasing in some areas, however in terms of white people it is in decline in the US and many parts of the world and planned parenthood targeted back communities from the start. That is was abused as a tool to limit the black race's political power is well known.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You've argued a few times for people to be required to provide goods and services they think are morally unacceptable.
Actually, I've only argued that this is the law.
Also that it's a de minimis imposition compared
to what's done under real authoritarian regimes.
I'm not a fan of anti-discrimination laws, but can
see their usefulness...& their risks.
But I greatly oppose requiring discrimination, eg,
requiring that some genders & races be given
preferential treatment.
I'm simply saying you can't off your baby outside of extreme circumstances. It seems a pretty low bar.
Here we go again....you say a fetus is a baby.
I say they're vastly different in how they function
& the burden imposed upon the caregiver/host.
Population is increasing in some areas, however in terms of white people it is in decline in the US and many parts of the world and planned parenthood targeted back communities from the start. That is was abused as a tool to limit the black race's political power is well known.
I don't worry about white people being in decline.
There are plenty of us. We don't need to ban
abortion just to increase our ranks. And as for
abuse of blacks back in the day...they seem to
have overcome it, & their ranks are increasing.
Ameristan is chock full of black folk. Could use
more Asians though.

Last edited: