• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
At the end of the day it's really simple people. Republicans are in the pockets of greedy corporations and democrats are in the pockets of corporations.
HA! Look back to the BP gulf oil spill and tell me they didn't pull some strings over Obama.
Only 1 party is pro-education and pro-science.
Dem or Rep, very often we find them sending people who have never been educators to make decisions about education. Dem or Rep, both are prone to bouts of stupid when it comes to science (GMOs for Dems; Climate Change for Reps).

Shadow Wolf

Ditto. I've resorted to my old habit of copying & pasting "quote".
I've thought of that, but with no button to add the quote tags, I resort to what is given so I don't have to keep typing out the quote tags.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hmmm it would seem that greedy corporations as well as non-greedy corporations (will not attempt to discuss your differentiation since it wouldn't do any good) would want the those with the best education that can be obtained and the best technology that science can provide so your statement doesn't seem to make sense.
Why when many of them can either import that talent or move overseas to find it. The policies here (and in other nations) have the effect of gutting the infrastructure in the name of cutting taxes (the rich can live elsewhere), cutting education (other nations can educate those we need), cutting the environment (again, those that "count" can find clean places to live) and so forth. The most important thing is to cut taxes, cut taxes and cut taxes with most dollar benefits going to, of course, the weathy and to ignore growing deficits until cuts in government are needed. Like currently in Kansas where road maintenance will be cut because of prior tax cuts. This shows that roads (education, environment,...) are less important than giving more money to the wealthy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At the end of the day it's really simple people. Republicans are in the pockets of greedy corporations and democrats are in the pockets of corporations.

Only 1 party is pro-education and pro-science.
Yes to science because the Republican party exercises political correctness over truth whenever the truth is inconvenient. As in denying global warming because it is not ideologically approved. And denying economics when a policy does not product the expected result. And embracing a faction that denies science in general when it does not agree with their interpretation of their scriptures.

And of course being in favor of cutting, cutting and again gutting science to give tax cuts that primarily benefit the wealthy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Seriously, if the Republicans want to get the vote from those that care about America and it's place in the world including uphold science, this kind of pandering or outright anti-American, anti-science dung has got to end.

Scott Walker Just Got Asked If He Believes in Evolution. He Punted.
Remember the clown-car debates by the Pub candidates in 2012, the most of which when asked said they didn't believe in evolution. And most disagreed that we're in a state of global warming, even though it's clearly obvious we are because our knowledge of this is based on actual measurements taken over the last couple of centuries versus just mathematical models.

Shadow Wolf

Seriously, if the Republicans want to get the vote from those that care about America and it's place in the world including uphold science, this kind of pandering or outright anti-American, anti-science dung has got to end.

Scott Walker Just Got Asked If He Believes in Evolution. He Punted.
It's stupid **** like that is why I'd prefer picking on Republicans. Not all Democrats are pro-science, and they have some issues, but overall the numbers, when it comes to anti-/pro-science, favor the dems over the climate change denying, medical condition denying, evolution denying, and psychology denying rep nuts who tend to be more stupid when it comes to female anatomy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's stupid **** like that is why I'd prefer picking on Republicans. Not all Democrats are pro-science, and they have some issues, but overall the numbers, when it comes to anti-/pro-science, favor the dems over the climate change denying, medical condition denying, evolution denying, and psychology denying rep nuts who tend to be more stupid when it comes to female anatomy.
I don't like many large bureaucracies - too often they lock up sensible ideas into hidebound rules, but unless and until there's a sensible voice on such matters, I refuse to vote for them. And there are some situations where I prefer a bureaucracy that is not warped by money (insurance companies vs government for health care - and Social Security) which are great government programs. So another question is baby/bathwater.

But a rational pro-science party that listened to women on women's issues and took reasonable stances on where government was going to the wrong thing would get my attention. As things are now, I'd rather chew off my leg than vote republican.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The American Taliban at work. Seriously, these people are worse threats to America than the Islamic terrorists because they have enough power to enforce big government control over what people wear - just like the Taliban does.

And the current law - life in prison for indecent exposure three times. I suppose it's better to have life in prison than to have your head chopped off, but seriously the Taliban Republicans are clear and present dangers to America and need to be treated as such by the government.

Even the reduced sentence to five years is utterly outrageous. This is truly big government at it's utter worst.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,” Moore said.

A person convicted three times for indecent exposure could be sentenced to life in jail and fined $10,000 under current state law, but Moore’s bill would limit that to five years in jail and $5,000.

Montana Taliban: Republican lawmaker wants to arrest and jail women for wearing yoga pants

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The American Taliban at work. Seriously, these people are worse threats to America than the Islamic terrorists because they have enough power to enforce big government control over what people wear - just like the Taliban does.

And the current law - life in prison for indecent exposure three times. I suppose it's better to have life in prison than to have your head chopped off, but seriously the Taliban Republicans are clear and present dangers to America and need to be treated as such by the government.

Even the reduced sentence to five years is utterly outrageous. This is truly big government at it's utter worst.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,” Moore said.

A person convicted three times for indecent exposure could be sentenced to life in jail and fined $10,000 under current state law, but Moore’s bill would limit that to five years in jail and $5,000.

Montana Taliban: Republican lawmaker wants to arrest and jail women for wearing yoga pants

Wow. Will they be banning the two piece swim suit since it looks like underware. Will men be fined for going shirtless or do these law pertain only to women.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe he didn't get the memo that we have a Bill of Rights that includes the 1st Amendment?
The usual argument is that this doesn't specify which God or savior, so it's not establishment of religion. This claim is often made with a straight face.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The usual argument is that this doesn't specify which God or savior, so it's not establishment of religion. This claim is often made with a straight face.
That often was interpreted that way during most of our history but the SCOTUS in more recent decades have been gradually ruling in the other direction. IOW, it's not only freedom of religion but also freedom from religion. Constitutionally, we are a secular society.