• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
All of a country's politics are distilled to a "they believe in the <insert threat here>"?
Oh, there is danger in that.
One could say that Americastanian politicians & people believe in Armageddon & would hasten the prediction.
Israelis believe that they're "God's Chosen People" doomed to perennial victimhood.
And Revoltistanians eat bacon, thereby causing global warming.
If one is committed to pre-emptively attacking, crushing & neutralizing a country, then any of the above can be used as a pretext.
Let's hope such people are kept from political power.
Now if I can convert Revoltingstanians to the worship of tofu then the world will truly be right-side up rather than upside-down.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let me just respond to the above generically.

To ask if these ruling imams in Iran actually believe in an Armageddon-type end of times is like asking a Southern Baptist pastor whether he believes in Armageddon and Jesus' second coming.

Here in the States we have tended to not elect presidents who are religious zealots, but that's exactly what exits in Iran, and if we don't understand that, we're making a big mistake.

However, with that being said, I have stated that negotiations with Iran should be at least attempted, so I back this administration's endeavor to do just that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now if I can convert Revoltingstanians to the worship of tofu then the world will truly be right-side up rather than upside-down.
Actually, I eat a fair amount of dofu, of different varieties.
I haven't tried chou dofu yet though.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Let me just respond to the above generically.

To ask if these ruling imams in Iran actually believe in an Armageddon-type end of times is like asking a Southern Baptist pastor whether he believes in Armageddon and Jesus' second coming.

Here in the States we have tended to not elect presidents who are religious zealots, but that's exactly what exits in Iran, and if we don't understand that, we're making a big mistake.

However, with that being said, I have stated that negotiations with Iran should be at least attempted, so I back this administration's endeavor to do just that.
We have not elected true zealots for President, at least yet, but there have been a bunch running and being elected in other offices and we've had some running for President. So we're not immune to the disease - we just have a milder form.

And when I look at the current Israeli government, I see religious zealots who would love to see the US in an all-out war with Iran and who want to put the Palestinians into bantu-stans if not entirely ethnically cleans them from the West Bank in the name of greater Israel and what they read into the Torah.

Support for Israel in the US is turning into a political matter because of the political alliance between the Republican party and Likud, especially Netanyahu.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually, I eat a fair amount of dofu, of different varieties.
I haven't tried chao dofu yet though.
age_of_aquarius.jpg

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Oklahoma GOP wants to restrict marriage to people of faith

"A bill proposed by Oklahoma Republicans would restrict the right to marry to people of faith, and would mandate all marriage licenses be approved by a member of the clergy."

"House Bill 1125, filed on Tuesday by Republican State Representative Todd Russ, is a radical measure that would end secular marriage licenses in the state. In addition, the bill would bar all judges and other secular officials from performing marriages in Oklahoma."

facepalm

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

"A bill proposed by Oklahoma Republicans would restrict the right to marry to people of faith, and would mandate all marriage licenses be approved by a member of the clergy."

"House Bill 1125, filed on Tuesday by Republican State Representative Todd Russ, is a radical measure that would end secular marriage licenses in the state. In addition, the bill would bar all judges and other secular officials from performing marriages in Oklahoma."

facepalm
Let's turn marriage over to the Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus and let them decide who can get married. Or even better, The Temple of Wicca, which is headquartered in Oklahoma.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

facepalm
professor+meme.png

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ted Cruz is not interested in NASA working on flood prediction, severe storm tracking and the like because NASA should focus on deep space on not on the Earth because, you know, climate change is a world-wide liberal-Muslim-communist-scientist conspiracy which must be defeated at all costs by killing science when it disagrees with politics. There is nothing more important than politics, certainly not the search for truth. Superstition and ignorance must be preserved because they support politics.

"Earth Science Division missions aid in flood prediction, earthquake response, and severe storm tracking," the letter reads. "The applicability of these missions cannot be overstated given their impact on your constituents."
Scientists call out Ted Cruz over statement that Earth studies should not be a 'core function' of NASA

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Ted Cruz is not interested in NASA working on flood prediction, severe storm tracking and the like because NASA should focus on deep space on not on the Earth because, you know, climate change is a world-wide liberal-Muslim-communist-scientist conspiracy which must be defeated at all costs by killing science when it disagrees with politics. There is nothing more important than politics, certainly not the search for truth. Superstition and ignorance must be preserved because they support politics.

Scientists call out Ted Cruz over statement that Earth studies should not be a 'core function' of NASA

This right here says it all. It's straight from their mouths. They're "trained" on what to say when it comes to climate change. They repeat the script like a Buddhist chant.....It's no wonder why we cant's and won't get anything done on this as long as they hold a majority and as long as some of my fellow liberals follow these lemmings....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Seriously, can the clown circus get any worse?

Ted Cruz Makes Impassioned Plea For Repeal Of Federal Legislation That Does Not Exist

Federal govt has no business sticking its nose in education. We need to repeal every word of Common Core! #nhpolitics #MakeDCListen
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz)March 15, 2015

Can Cruz “make DC listen”? It will be particularly hard since Common Core is not, in fact, a federal law.

The Common Core State Standards Initiative, known as Common Core, was developed by the states — with input from teachers, education experts and business leaders — and has been voluntarily adopted by 43 states and the District Of Columbia. Notably, “the federal government played no role in creating the standards, nor did it require that states adopt them.”

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And now maybe others will better understand why I use "pseudo-conservatives" to refer to probably most Republicans.

BTW, did you run across this new chemical proposal pushed by them but also backed by the Democrat Udall (who received some pretty nice campaign donations from the chemical alliance) that actually wouldn't allow states to have stricter pollution standards than those specified in a bill that actually was written by the chemical alliance? Again, pseudo-conservatism at its finest.

Shadow Wolf

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree that "pseudo conservatives" is a good term or perhaps bought-and-paid-for crony legislator who carries water for big business and not the people nor for that matter small business. And we know that small business is where the economy really grows.

Shadow Wolf

I agree that "pseudo conservatives" is a good term or perhaps bought-and-paid-for crony legislator who carries water for big business and not the people nor for that matter small business. And we know that small business is where the economy really grows.
Not really. In today's society large business is the primary economic cog. Medium business are somewhat up there. Small businesses have been reduced to a negligible rally-cry.