• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I agree that "pseudo conservatives" is a good term or perhaps bought-and-paid-for crony legislator who carries water for big business and not the people nor for that matter small business. And we know that small business is where the economy really grows.
Imagine in how much better shape we'd be in if the pseudo-conservatives had actually been willing to finance our deteriorating infrastructure, which would have created myriads of local jobs. But the knew damn well that if the economy recovered quickly that Obama would get much of the credit, and they couldn't have that.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Beware the "echo chamber."

Daily Caller editor-in-chief Tucker Carlson reportedly won't allow criticism of his employer Fox News on his website. But prior to being hired as a contributor, he was one the network's biggest critics, calling Fox News "a mean, sick group of people" and The O'Reilly Factor a "****" show hosted by "a thin-skinned blowhard."

Blogger Mickey Kaus quit his job at the Caller after Carlson removed a column criticizing Fox News for purportedly "not being the opposition on immigration and amnesty." (The conservative network has repeatedlyattacked Obama's immigration reform plans, pushed falsehoods about immigration reform, and used anti-immigrant rhetoric.)
Ahaha, so funny. RW media controls the message 100%
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03/18/daily-callers-tucker-carlson-who-once-called-fo/202938

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Jeb Bush Calls For The Elimination Of The Federal Minimum Wage | ThinkProgress
“We need to leave it to the private sector,” he responded. “I think state minimum wages are fine. The federal government shouldn’t be doing this.” He went on, “The federal government doing this will make it harder and harder for the first rung of the ladder to be reached, particularly for young people, particularly for people that have less education.”

Because when you're born with a silver spoon inserted_____________! you tend to know how the working poor live and survive. (~roll's eyes~)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Because when you're born with a silver spoon inserted_____________! you tend to know how the working poor live and survive. (~roll's eyes~)
After all, in the third-world people live on the street, are sick and die young. We should strive to achieve third-world nation status as fast as we can per the plutocrats and crony capitalists. Who cares about the peasants and losers anyway. They breed quickly enough to supply the cheap labor we need.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A 'Moral Document': GOP Again Targets Social Security, Medicare

It's not often that I find myself agreeing with a congressional Republican on fiscal matters, but it's hard to argue with a recent statement from Rep. Rob Woodall of the House Budget Committee. "A budget is a moral document," said the Georgia Republican. "It talks about where your values are."

That's certainly true. So what are we to make of this year's House and Senate Republican budgets? They harm seniors, use the disabled as pawns, punish the needy, pamper the wealthy, and employ deceit -- all to promote a selfish agenda for the wealthy and powerful.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile back in the hate government so destroy it reality the Republicans inhabit, this from Montana
Statement by Governor Steve Bullock on House Bill 2, regarding budget - KXLO - KLCM

The House Republicans, unfortunately, chose to ignore our work and instead is about to pass a budget that fails to fund critical services for the people of Montana.

The list of what this House Republican budget does wrong is long.

Here are a few examples:

• It turns its back on children with autism, which will cost families and the state more in the long run;

• It skips out on the rent the state owes private sector businesses;

• It puts some of our most vulnerable populations in harms way by denying much needed funds that would be used to protect children from abuse and neglect; and,

• While these legislators may not enjoy weeding into the details of running government, we have an obligation to fund Corrections to keep our streets safe and hold offenders accountable. We have an obligation to fund the Department of Livestock, to keep our food safe and our farms and ranches thriving. We have an obligation to fund the office of public defender, to keep our justice system working.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But I never did. Can you show that I've falsely accused others of racism? If not then I stand by what I said. (~shrug~)
I was aping your grammatical 2nd person language.
Twasn't a reference to our history....just to the fact that the race card is often a false play (meta-racism).

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But I never did. Can you show that I've falsely accused others of racism? If not then I stand by what I said. (~shrug~)
It's the right-wing tactic of trying to blame those who are honest enough to cite that there is plenty of racism still around by calling them "racists" if they dare bring it up. Matter of fact, it often makes me wonder if those who use that tactic really are pretty much racists themselves? Not an accusation-- just a question.

Damn, I just brought it up, so I must be a racist! :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's the right-wing tactic of trying to blame those who are honest enough to cite that there is plenty of racism still around by calling them "racists" if they dare bring it up. Matter of fact, it often makes me wonder if those who use that tactic really are pretty much racists themselves? Not an accusation-- just a question.

Damn, I just brought it up, so I must be a racist! :rolleyes:
You're entirely misunderstanding the misunderstanding here.
You should read my correction of his inference....that is, if I'm not back on ignore.
Oh, dear....are we going to have another one of those conversations wherein you respond not to my posts, but to comments on my posts?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Twasn't a reference to our history....just to the fact that the race card is often a false play (meta-racism).
About as often as someone faking mental illness for attention. Or falsifying rape. Or being an system abusing lazy bum while on welfare.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

I find it to be the opposite. I find that many who charge others with such accusations as "playing the race card" or "race baiter" never see the bigger picture. Especially in light of many recent findings. Take Feguson for instance. When the young man was shot these accusations were thrown around. Especially by those who don't experience such behavior by law enforcement or those who aren't in that particular community. But we we now know that what many were experiencing in that community was far from crying wolf. The more recent one I just posted sets the tone as well. A black man was hung from a tree. I'm not sure how we're supposed to look at this situation other than with a racial component. But even the young man killed by police in NY for supposedly selling cigarettes. The picture is lager given the proportionately lopsided targeting, harassment, arrest and incarceration of blacks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find it to be the opposite. I find that many who charge others with such accusations as "playing the race card" or "race baiter" never see the bigger picture. Especially in light of many recent findings. Take Feguson for instance. When the young man was shot these accusations were thrown around. Especially by those who don't experience such behavior by law enforcement or those who aren't in that particular community. But we we now know that what many were experiencing in that community was far from crying wolf. The more recent one I just posted sets the tone as well. A black man was hung from a tree. I'm not sure how we're supposed to look at this situation other than with a racial component. But even the young man killed by police in NY for supposedly selling cigarettes. The picture is lager given the proportionately lopsided targeting, harassment, arrest and incarceration of blacks.
You're mixing 2 different things.
1) There are real incidents of racism.
2) There are false accusations of racism.
The first item does not defeat the 2nd item.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

It's odd how they keep mentioning it will be harder for the younger workers, even though younger workers have been pushed aside, even for those "high schooler" "get experience" jobs, because of economic turmoil for over a decade now. And places that have a higher minimum wage than America don't seem to have the problems Republicans are scared will happen if we get a higher minimum wage.