• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Which media outlet is not reporting the news that Ted Cruz is signing up for Obamacare because his wife lost her coverage? Propaganda.com aka foxnews.com. If they do report it later, I'll eat these words but as of now, the event does not exist for the official party news outlet, the Republican equivalent of the Chinese Communist People's Daily.

Wow. What a hypocrite.....!!!

Surely he could stand on principal and go out a get a personal family policy. I'm sure he makes enough money to afford one. NO.....No, the reason he's getting it through is job is multifaceted. His employer ('BIG GUB'MENT') will be paying a portion of his premium and the cost overall will be lower through the exchange and the level of policy congress receives. The sheeple will overlook this though and convince themselves otherwise....

Ted Cruz going on Obamacare - CNN.com
"We'll be getting new health insurance and we'll presumably do it through my job with the Senate, and so we'll be on the federal exchange with millions of others on the federal exchange," Cruz said.

Asked whether he would accept the government contribution available to lawmakers and congressional staffers for their health care coverage through the ACA, Cruz said he will "follow the text of the law."

"I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because (Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats didn't want to be under the same rules as the American people," Cruz said, before repeating: "I believe we should follow the text of the law."

But as the article goes on to say...he on stage was all for it....you know...following the law and to get this sweetheart healthcare deal through his job...but I'm sure after talking to his handlers is why he then comes out officially and say he's not going to take it now....:rolleyes:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Which media outlet is not reporting the news that Ted Cruz is signing up for Obamacare because his wife lost her coverage? Propaganda.com aka foxnews.com. If they do report it later, I'll eat these words but as of now, the event does not exist for the official party news outlet, the Republican equivalent of the Chinese Communist People's Daily.

I'm sure it's being reported at other RW outlets but I saw the story here Obamacare Has a New Customer: Ted Cruz | TheBlaze.com

I skipped over the story to read the comments. They're priceless. They're actually praising him for potentially signing up for Obamacare. And they believe that the federal government and democrats have a hand in his outcome. It's hilarious. These "people" still think that the ACA has little to nothing to do with actual private healthcare companies and are not government run insurance companies...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm sure it's being reported at other RW outlets but I saw the story here Obamacare Has a New Customer: Ted Cruz | TheBlaze.com

I skipped over the story to read the comments. They're priceless. They're actually praising him for potentially signing up for Obamacare. And they believe that the federal government and democrats have a hand in his outcome. It's hilarious. These "people" still think that the ACA has little to nothing to do with actual private healthcare companies and are not government run insurance companies...
If he had refused to sign up for healthcare that way but instead went to a purely private individual coverage policy, he'd at least be consistent with what he wants everyone else to do. (I just heard that members of Congress must use an exchange and if so, I withdraw this paragraph).

And yes, it's sad that people don't like "Obamacare" when in fact they like what it does when asked about the individual provisions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's more of a logical fallacy to say that because racism exists, all claims thereof are legitimate. Moreover, counter-examples to false claims of racism do not disprove the existence of false claims. There will be no agreement on this....Democrats have much invested in painting the other side as racist, so they dare not face false claims from within their ranks. Their entire weltanachauung would collapse.
No one has claimed that all claims are valid. But when you can see a few that are false, it's very easy to see dozens more that aren't.
Tis illuminating that you appear to equate the two, & blithely presume he's a Pub.
HA! You point out conservatives and republicans are not interchangeable terms, and then use them your self interchangeable in the same post?
Oh I'm will to bet he's a conservative.
This is a fairly safe assumption, which makes it much more likely he is a Republican.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Republicans throughout the country are signing cookie cutter LGBT discrimination "religious freedom" bills into law.

Indiana Governor Signs Anti-Gay 'Religious Freedom' Bill At Private Ceremony
"Today I signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, becauseI support the freedom of religion for every Hoosier of every faith," Pence said in a statement Thursday. "The Constitution of the United States and the Indiana Constitution both provide strong recognition of the freedom of religion but today, many people of faith feel their religious liberty is under attack by government action."

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Boehner: Obama is an 'anti-war president' | TheHill
“The world is starving for American leadership. But America has an anti-war president,” Boehner said during a Capitol Hill press conference. “We have no strategy, overarching strategy to deal with the growing terrorist threat."

“It's not just ISIS or al Qaeda and all of their affiliates," the speaker added. "We've got a serious problem facing the world, and America by and large is sitting on the sidelines."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Boehner: Obama is an 'anti-war president' | TheHill
“The world is starving for American leadership. But America has an anti-war president,” Boehner said during a Capitol Hill press conference. “We have no strategy, overarching strategy to deal with the growing terrorist threat."

“It's not just ISIS or al Qaeda and all of their affiliates," the speaker added. "We've got a serious problem facing the world, and America by and large is sitting on the sidelines."
Clearly we need to start bombing in Eastern Ukraine, nuke Iran, take out China for their aggressive moves and so forth. I mean, when was the last time we were in a really good war. :fearscream:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Oh boy, oh boy - Ted Cruz wants to weaken Iran sanctions. It's not that simple, he just wants to do away with all criminal penalties for various things which just happen to includes sanctions enforcement. Way to go,Ted.

Ted Cruz Plan Could Weaken The Enforcement Of Iran Sanctions

These people don't have a clue and it's clear many of them have no business meddling in foreign affairs. They don't want the US to negotiate a deal or work on any sort of diplomacy with Iran yet their solution is to do nothing except for the few on the very edge of their extremism chanting "bomb Iran". They truly believe sanctions and more sanctions is the key but we've been doing that and their nuclear program still expended. But where's their outrage over N. Korea and its increasing military industrial complex. Where's the outrage as N. Korea ramps up on missile testing or its nuclear capabilities. That's when you hear nothing but crikets churps from these hawks.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Republicans are at it once again trying to implement their version of Sharia law....

Arizona Tea Party senator: Church service should be mandatory to push ‘moral rebirth’

:eek:
And of course, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists would be forced to convert since Sunday is the government recognized day of prayer. And all the "seventh day" Christian groups such as the Seventh-day Adventists would have to renounce their theology. Maybe some groups such as perhaps a Wiccan Church and a Church of Satan would be happy to hold officially recognized government services on Sunday?

“Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find it to be the opposite. I find that many who charge others with such accusations as "playing the race card" or "race baiter" never see the bigger picture. Especially in light of many recent findings. Take Feguson for instance. When the young man was shot these accusations were thrown around. Especially by those who don't experience such behavior by law enforcement or those who aren't in that particular community. But we we now know that what many were experiencing in that community was far from crying wolf. The more recent one I just posted sets the tone as well. A black man was hung from a tree. I'm not sure how we're supposed to look at this situation other than with a racial component. But even the young man killed by police in NY for supposedly selling cigarettes. The picture is lager given the proportionately lopsided targeting, harassment, arrest and incarceration of blacks.
I ran across this in the news.
The woman who played the race card admitted her error about her son.
In fact, her son appeared get pretty favorable treatment.
Actress Taraji Henson apologizes to Glendale police for racial profile claims - LA Times

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Republicans are at it once again trying to implement their version of Sharia law....

Arizona Tea Party senator: Church service should be mandatory to push ‘moral rebirth’

:eek:
And of course, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists would be forced to convert since Sunday is the government recognized day of prayer. And all the "seventh day" Christian groups such as the Seventh-day Adventists would have to renounce their theology. Maybe some groups such as perhaps a Wiccan Church and a Church of Satan would be happy to hold officially recognized government services on Sunday?

“Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday

Last edited: