• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
What it might prove (or rather just show) is that Democrats are quick to label something without evidence, so long as it serves to demonize the opposition.

Like what you just did with Holder saying he generalized people by playing the race card when he clearly didn't....Oh, okay.....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Conservatives & Republicans are often very different animals.
Tis illuminating that you appear to equate the two, & blithely presume he's a Pub.
He might even be, but it bespeaks prejudice to proceed without knowledge.

Ok...if that's how you feel......again, I'm confident he's one of those religious right conservatives. (~shrug~)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Like what you just did with Holder saying he generalized people by playing the race card when he clearly didn't....Oh, okay.....
This is an artful argument.....because people hold opinions, any conservative you dislike is a Republican.
Truly amazing, the rationales Democrats will employ to embiggen themselves, & dis everyone else.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I pick on both parties (even upon Pubs in this very thread). But Dems are my favorite just cuz they predominate at RF. I find'm both a mess, & very far from my values. Just look at how the hawkish Hillary (who voted for the wars) is (or was) slated to be the front runner in the upcoming prez election....from one war monger to another. It's more important that she be a feminist symbol of power, than worry about how she would actually exercise that power.
You should listen to the left on the topic of Hillary. Her only asset from that perspective is that she is a "D" rather than an "R". And it has nothing to do with her being a feminist symbol of power in the minds of liberals - after all we had powerful Republican women who were roundly scorned in extreme terms over the past few years.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You should listen to the left on the topic of Hillary. Her only asset from that perspective is that she is a "D" rather than an "R". And it has nothing to do with her being a feminist symbol of power in the minds of liberals - after all we had powerful Republican women who were roundly scorned in extreme terms over the past few years.

So true....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I should point out that I recognize the "left" is not necessarily "Democrat", just as with those oft conflated terms, "conservative" & "Republican". But feminism (not all feminists, btw) in political discourse presents a dual standard....they want women elected, but just not pro-lifers or Republicans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How many conservatives are not Republicans?
Hard to quantify....I've run into even a few conservative Dems, who perhaps seek to influence their party in a different direction. Some conservative types are of the 3rd party or unaligned type. And then, I know liberals who are Pubs, since the latter is friendly to both big government & social liberty (eg, Log Cabin guys). And finally, I know Dems who are liberal, but don't see their own party as being all that liberal.
It's difficult to generalize, eh?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I should point out that I recognize the "left" is not necessarily "Democrat", just as with those oft conflated terms, "conservative" & "Republican". But feminism (not all feminists, btw) in political discourse presents a dual standard....they want women elected, but just not pro-lifers or Republicans.
I know of no one who wants a woman elected to anything in spite of her politics. If you can site an actual case of such, I will withdraw my utter and complete skepticism at your claim.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hard to quantify....I've run into even a few conservative Dems, who perhaps seek to influence their party in a different direction. Some conservative types are of the 3rd party or unaligned type. And then, I know liberals who are Pubs, since the latter is friendly to both big government & social liberty (eg, Log Cabin guys). And finally, I know Dems who are liberal, but don't see their own party as being all that liberal.
It's difficult to generalize, eh?
I know lots of Democrats who are unhappy about their party being owned by crony big business capitalists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know of no one who wants a woman elected to anything in spite of her politics. If you can site an actual case of such, I will withdraw my utter and complete skepticism at your claim.
Far be it from me to quash anyone's skepticism. But I've oft heard in the media about the importance of electing a woman to the highest office. (Tis just as it was so important that a black man could become president.) Consider how vehement the criticism was against Dubya for the 2 wars. Hillary voted for the Iraq war, but this doesn't receive the prominence it should in commentary on her candidacy. Her beliefs are secondary to the significance of her gender.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile, back at the Raving Loony Party, aka the Republican (sick) party, this is not only utterly false but also the kind of thing I expect from small children who have not been taught manners. The House of Representatives has been turned into a sick joke and I'm censoring myself from writing what I really think. These clowns need to be put away in a mental institution where they can't harm anyone for the good of the nation.

At the Flick of a Switch - Press Releases - Judiciary Committee

Maybe it will be taken down quickly assuming there's an adult somewhere around there but for all I know they'll double down on the (expletive) (expletive).

tytlyf

Not Religious
Meanwhile, back at the Raving Loony Party, aka the Republican (sick) party, this is not only utterly false but also the kind of thing I expect from small children who have not been taught manners. The House of Representatives has been turned into a sick joke and I'm censoring myself from writing what I really think. These clowns need to be put away in a mental institution where they can't harm anyone for the good of the nation.

At the Flick of a Switch - Press Releases - Judiciary Committee

Maybe it will be taken down quickly assuming there's an adult somewhere around there but for all I know they'll double down on the (expletive) (expletive).
The writing was on the wall prior to the 2014 midterms. The republicans in congress had historically low approval ratings and people think that was going to change if you vote more in? Me thinks the people who voted more in didn't know about the ratings. I'm sure no one told them either.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
YAJETqz.png

Ted Cruz's New Presidential Campaign Donation Website Shares Security Certificate With Nigerian-Prince.com | Techdirt

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
But I've oft heard in the media about the importance of electing a woman to the highest office. (Tis just as it was so important that a black man could become president.) Consider how vehement the criticism was against Dubya for the 2 wars. Hillary voted for the Iraq war, but this doesn't receive the prominence it should in commentary on her candidacy. Her beliefs are secondary to the significance of her gender.

This is incorrect for many of us. There were plenty on the left and the right that voted for the war. We have no problem separating those that voted vs. those that knew it was a lie to even go to war. In their case they were only as informed as the intel they received from the administration. Considering we now know the Iraq war was based on lies from the Bush administration the decision to vote for her isn't one that is solely hinged on her voting record in the senate nor is voting for her solely because she's a woman.

Take for instance your voting record or at least how you portray your voting record to use here at RF. You've express on more than one occasion your disdain for the left and the right and a need to vote for someone other than those in the big two.....but surely you're not basing your vote solely on the notion that the candidate you choose to back isn't one from the big two? Maybe you do. If so then how is that any different than anyone choosing to vote for Hillary despite her vote for the Iraq war or the fact that she's a woman. If your criteria isn't based on the fact that your candidate of choice is of neither party and you're voting for said candidate based on his/her policy positions then surely voters of Hillary are possibly voting for her for the same reason.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is incorrect for many of us. There were plenty on the left and the right that voted for the war. We have no problem separating those that voted vs. those that knew it was a lie to even go to war. In their case they were only as informed as the intel they received from the administration. Considering we now know the Iraq war was based on lies from the Bush administration the decision to vote for her isn't one that is solely hinged on her voting record in the senate nor is voting for her solely because she's a woman.

Take for instance your voting record or at least how you portray your voting record to use here at RF. You've express on more than one occasion your disdain for the left and the right and a need to vote for someone other than those in the big two.....but surely you're not basing your vote solely on the notion that the candidate you choose to back isn't one from the big two? Maybe you do. If so then how is that any different than anyone choosing to vote for Hillary despite her vote for the Iraq war or the fact that she's a woman. If your criteria isn't based on the fact that your candidate of choice is of neither party and you're voting for said candidate based on his/her policy positions then surely voters of Hillary are possibly voting for her for the same reason.....
First, "Criteria" is the plural of "criterion". Ensure that your verb matches your noun.
Second, lies or not....Hillary is a hawk. I'm a peacenik (albeit one prepared to use violence.)
Not not sure what you're getting at in the rest, but here's a response....
I vote for candidates who most closely match my view....age, religion, gender, education, appearance, & other such traits are irrelevant to me. Party only correlates because that's where I find'm.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Second, lies or not

Dismiss them as you have. They were important to many members ,left and right, as to why they voted the way they did. Not all on the left and right voted that way. She, like others, admitted she got it wrong and were going off the information they were given.

....Hillary is a hawk. I'm a peacenik (albeit one prepared to use violence.)

But her being a hawk or not wasn't even the issue but I see you're trying to make a point. There's been some major skirmish or war under every president...be he left or right. And while you may be a "peacenik" when it comes to war, as am I, you don't speak for all those in the center. This was certainly true during 9/11. Not all libertarians were united in opposition on that war.

Not not sure what you're getting at in the rest, but here's a response....
I vote for candidates who most closely match my view

Same here...

....age, religion, gender, education, appearance, & other such traits are irrelevant to me.

Same here...

Party only correlates because that's where I find'm.

What does this mean? Does this mean you, like me, have voted left, right and center?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Which media outlet is not reporting the news that Ted Cruz is signing up for Obamacare because his wife lost her coverage? Propaganda.com aka foxnews.com. If they do report it later, I'll eat these words but as of now, the event does not exist for the official party news outlet, the Republican equivalent of the Chinese Communist People's Daily.