• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And on the "Today" Show that airs on NBC he was being interviewed and said the problem with SCOTUS is that there are no Protestants or Evangelicals on the bench. Really...!?!

Exactly. And we have seen several Pub candidates that have pawned off both the Obamacare and SSM decisions as being an "attack on religion", and some even went as far as saying the the murder of nine in the church in Charleston was primarily an "attack on religion".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Exactly. And we have seen several Pub candidates that have pawned off both the Obamacare and SSM decisions as being an "attack on religion", and some even went as far as saying the the murder of nine in the church in Charleston was primarily an "attack on religion".

I'm amazed that my mind can still be boggled at what is coming out of people.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Trump is proving a point given how much business is pulling away from him and his deals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, many people certainly do love him, even if it's for his wacky hair.
I read a hilarious twitter battle between him and a writer of Modern Family the other day that started with the writer calling Trump out over his exploitation of Chinese labor. Trump could pretty much only say the guy is stupid, and the writer kept taking funny jabs at at. My favorite was when he told Trump that since Trump can't manufacture a decent comeback, maybe he should outsource the job to China.
Donald Trump And A ‘Modern Family’ Writer Engage In Epic Twitter Feud

Marisa

I read a hilarious twitter battle between him and a writer of Modern Family the other day that started with the writer calling Trump out over his exploitation of Chinese labor. Trump could pretty much only say the guy is stupid, and the writer kept taking funny jabs at at. My favorite was when he told Trump that since Trump can't manufacture a decent comeback, maybe he should outsource the job to China.
Recently he said, potentially of someone paralyzed, that this person who criticized him couldn't "buy pants". I'd like to see him and Chris Christie in an insultathon.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

That twitter battle was hilarious. But did you see how Deadspin responded to Trump back in 2013 on twitter? THAT was epic.

Marisa

That twitter battle was hilarious. But did you see how Deadspin responded to Trump back in 2013 on twitter? THAT was epic.
I personally haven't paid any attention to Trump since his infamous kerfluffle with Rosie O'Donnell when she was still on The View.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mike Huckabee in a Breitbart interview.....
“This president’s foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven,"

Marisa

“This president’s foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven,"
He, and all the other republifundigelicals in his party, make me sick.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As someone who has a Jewish background, I find that comment utterly offensive and hypocritical. But hypocrisy is nothing new in politics especially in Republican politics considering the hatchet job they did on Democratic war heroes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As someone who has a Jewish background, I find that comment utterly offensive and hypocritical. But hypocrisy is nothing new in politics especially in Republican politics considering the hatchet job they did on Democratic war heroes.
I don't mind so much its being offensive or hypocritical.
I worry that such an attitude would lurk in a guy with the power to declare war.
Most candidates, Dem or Pub, scare me.
Sanders & Paul much less so.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't mind so much its being offensive or hypocritical.
I worry that such an attitude would lurk in a guy with the power to declare war.
Most candidates, Dem or Pub, scare me.
Sanders & Paul much less so.
I subscribe to the "how do you know a politician is lying? His (or her) lips are moving." school. So I don't believe they mean it but are trying to pander to the worst instincts of the voters. But I would agree with you if I thought they meant what they're saying. NB: I think Sanders especially means what he says. Paul seems to be on the pandering trail although well back from the "leaders".

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Heartland Foundation perverted a George Carlin quote. This is what they claimed he said:
heartland-carlin.png

However, anyone who knows George Carlin's material should recognize that many times he states the government is powerless and is only there to give us the illusion of choice. One of those times was during his Life is Worth Losing show, where the misquoted quote comes from. He actually said "the big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions," are the ones who don't want well educated people capable of critical thinking. Too bad there isn't a job market for watching out for and correcting misattributed Carlin quotes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I subscribe to the "how do you know a politician is lying? His (or her) lips are moving." school. So I don't believe they mean it but are trying to pander to the worst instincts of the voters. But I would agree with you if I thought they meant what they're saying. NB: I think Sanders especially means what he says. Paul seems to be on the pandering trail although well back from the "leaders".
Paul has a track record, & he's more consistent with it than most.
Track records are best.