• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
One would expect that someone so awesome would have a fairly large viewership. Oddly, she does not.

By your reasoning, you would expect a high quality Mercedes to outsell Toyota Corolla. Or for a high quality, no antibiotics, no hormones, grass fed hamburger to outsell McDonald's grease patties. But in the real world, Paul, marketing doesn't work that way, for the vast unwashed multitude has, for the most part, mediocre tastes. That's why there are more conservatives than liberals in the world.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
By your reasoning, you would expect a high quality Mercedes to outsell Toyota Corolla. Or for a high quality, no antibiotics, no hormones, grass fed hamburger to outsell McDonald's grease patties. But in the real world, Paul, marketing doesn't work that way, for the vast unwashed multitude has, for the most part, mediocre tastes. That's why there are more conservatives than liberals in the world.

Yeah. Cheez Whiz outsells Saint-André, too. That doesn't make it better.

tytlyf

Not Religious
One would expect that someone so awesome would have a fairly large viewership. Oddly, she does not.
The ratings argument! Fox definitely has the elderly market cornered (68 avg). Too bad they can't compete in the main demographic.

And you actually think what they do is patriotic and helps America. Take a look at what you created.:facepalm:

[youtube]qVowaigUvUU[/youtube]

Daemon Sophic

The ratings argument! Fox definitely has the elderly market cornered (68 avg). Too bad they can't compete in the main demographic.

And you actually think what they do is patriotic and helps America. Take a look at what you created.:facepalm:
The old woman is a misinformed idiot, and I can accept that (grudgingly :slap: ), but who is the dangerous twit wearing a suit and spewing ignorant hate-filled, violence-inducing lies?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
But Phil, in the world of journalism, the cream generally rises to the top. Ms. Maddow has only managed thus far to get a show on the lowest rated cable news service. You'd think CBS, NBC or ABC would be begging her to join them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
But Phil, in the world of journalism, the cream generally rises to the top.

:biglaugh: I'm sorry, Paul, I've been laughing so hard I forgot whatever else you might have said beyond "the cream rises to the top in the news business". Could you repeat yourself, please?

Alceste

Vagabond
:biglaugh: I'm sorry, Paul, I've been laughing so hard I forgot whatever else you might have said beyond "the cream rises to the top in the news business". Could you repeat yourself, please?

Lol, yeah, say it loud enough that Rush Limbaugh can hear. Might make his day.

TurkeyOnRye

My view is that a reporter rises in position when the content and delivery of their reporting props up the larger business entity said reporter is working for. A news entity (ABC, NBC et al.) can't survive by reporting information that compromises its position in the market. While Maddow is an excellent reporter, it seems that her views do not fall enough in line with the larger corporate entity she's working with. Beyond that, she's too smart for the general public to take much of an interest in her reporting. Therefore, she remains in a niche market.

Last edited:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Let's not forget this little pearl of wisdom from Rep. Todd Akin.
If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.”

Jeremy Mason

Female Politicians against Women's Suffrage, Unite!
"I'm an old-fashioned woman," State Senator Kay O'Connor of Kansas told The Kansas City Star. "Men should take care of women, and if men were taking care of women (today) we wouldn't have to vote."
O'Connor says if women's suffrage were being voted on today she would not support it, because the 19th Amendment was the start of a decades-long erosion of "family values".
The 19th amendment giving all U.S. women the right to vote was ratified in 1920. O'Connor said the amendment began a societal shift that eventually encouraged women to trade homemaker roles for careers.
She said she entered the workplace only because of her daughter was ill and medical bills were mounting.
It is safe to say she does not support a national health care system, either.

Source: Republicans Say the Darndest things

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Michele Bachmann's top 5 quotes - Telegraph

Michelle Bachmann
"Don't misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders." November 2004.

:areyoucra

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Santorum To Rape Victims: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation' | ThinkProgress

Rick Santorum
“I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” - January, 2012
That might be the least dumb thing I've heard him say.
It appears logically consistent with his religion.
This won't tempt you to support him in 2016, will it?