• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppose evolution was refuted, then what?

rusra02

Premium Member
As you have been told in posts above mine, the Big Bang Theory says nothing on the subject of there being "nothing" before the big bang. In fact, it says very implicitly that there had to BE something there.

I can respect that.

Yes, someONE was there. God.

nnmartin

I agree , God was there before it.

It can't have just spontaneously made itself - that would not be possible.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you have not seen any serious debate against evolution, it is because you have blinders on.
Let us take your "debate" as an example, shall we?

I cannot take your position seriously because you refuse to learn from your mistakes.
You present flat out lies as though they are true in order to argue your strawmen.

That is not serious debate to anyone who is outside your particular choir.

Krok

I cannot take your position seriously because you refuse to learn from your mistakes.You present flat out lies as though they are true in order to argue your strawmen.
I think rusra02 has been convinced by fellow creationists that lying is a form of serious debating.:D

Remember, that's all they have.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think rusra02 has been convinced by fellow creationists that lying is a form of serious debating.:D

Remember, that's all they have.

And yet, it is you that can do little more than ridicule and accuse anyone who disagrees with you with lying. But the facts speak for themselves.

rusra02

Premium Member

I cannot take your position seriously because you refuse to learn from your mistakes.
You present flat out lies as though they are true in order to argue your strawmen.

That is a frequent argument from the evolutionist faithful when someone challenges their theory. "_____ (fill blank with whoever dares question evolution) is lying and is not a serious person. He is not a biologist, or anthropologist, or geologist, and therefore is "ignorant, stupid, or insane."
And yet, scientists who are biologists and geologists, and millions of persons that many ToE advocates look down their nose upon, continue to question... , refute, and refuse the Kool-aid.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Whoooa! Be careful .. you are now "extrapolating" into uncharted territory .. that's NOT a conclusion based on the big-bang theory! We simply can't make conclusions about what was BEFORE! :no:

Our intellect serves very well to see that something physical that is expanding from an infintely dense 'something' means that the universe is coming from an infinitely small 'something' .. and as delta-x/delta-y --> 0, leads us to believe that "there was nothing there before"

Our proposed answer is just as valid as your claim about "quantums", which is actually quite meaningless to the majority of us .. and also meaningless in a scientific context, as 'general relativity' has broken down, don't forget :)
Even 0 is "something" not "nothing". It's still a value that can be manipulated.

But you are right... we can never be sure about the exact properties of what was before the universe, because universal constants cease to be. And ultimately the "something" vs. "nothing" argument can become one of semantics.

I was just pointing out that Big Bang doesn't propose the universe came out of nothing. Any further than that and I start getting way over my head... I'm a biologist not a physicist. :faint:

wa:do

On the other hand I'm a good example of how being really knowledgeable in one field of science doesn't make you qualified to pontificate about other fields. :cool:

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
Some possibilities:

1. It was always there in some form.
  2. It was created out of nothing.

It has been proven that energy can be turned into matter and matter into energy. The true God has unlimited energy to create matter. It is as Isaiah 40:26 confirms:
"Raise your eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing for the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing." How simple yet scientific an explanation for the universe.

johnhanks

Is theToE propaganda a conspiracy?
Only in your mind, I think.
It has become an incessant drumbeat into the minds of people from early childhood onward. Alternative evidences often are not permitted even to be discussed.
Yup, they're so rigorously forbidden you won't find a single organisation or website promoting them, not anywhere. Get real, rusra: alternative 'evidences' are being pushed vigorously all over the place, often by very wealthy and well-connected concerns: it's the pure intellectual nothingness of those 'evidences' that prevents them from having an impact.
Even in this forum, any who dare challenge this theory are often maligned and ridiculed.
Best way to avoid ridicule: don't be ridiculous.

camanintx

The universe started (Big Bang, Creation, whatever you believe,) So at one time there was nothing, Do you agree with this so far.
If time began along with the universe, then there was no "time" when it didn't exist.

It has been proven that energy can be turned into matter and matter into energy. The true God has unlimited energy to create matter.
So some form of energy has always existed. How does one infer that there was any intelligence or agency behind it?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That is a frequent argument from the evolutionist faithful when someone challenges their theory. "_____ (fill blank with whoever dares question evolution) is lying and is not a serious person. He is not a biologist, or anthropologist, or geologist, and therefore is "ignorant, stupid, or insane."
And yet, scientists who are biologists and geologists, and millions of persons that many ToE advocates look down their nose upon, continue to question... , refute, and refuse the Kool-aid.
And here again we see a prime example of you telling flat out lies in order to attack your strawman.