• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppose evolution was refuted, then what?

outhouse

Atheistically
The Hebrews regarded God as fully sovereign – He ruled all and was subject to no laws Himself. Unlike Near Eastern gods, Jehovah was not created – God is eternal and the source of all creation in the universe. He created and governed the world and shaped the moral laws that govern humanity

Now you are defining said deity

I would ask how can you define something you dont know or understand?

You do know both Egypt and Mesopotamia had the same laws hebrews wrote about??????????

The ten commandments existed before hebrews my friend, hebrews just put the ten most important to them together. They did not originate from them or their god.

riley2112

Ok, well, if you're not sure why you believe, then why believe it at all?

That is what I ask myself all the time. There was once a guy that said you can not make yourself believe in something that you don't believe in. I am taking that he meant I know that pink fish with green ,talking ears does not exist so I can not ,no matter how hard I try , believe in them.
On the other hand if something has happen to you or you have had an expertise that make you believe in a certain way , you can not make your self not believe just because you want to.
:sw: it is like having a fight going on in side of you. And no I don't do drugs. lol

riley2112

Now you are defining said deity

I would ask how can you define something you dont know or understand?

You do know both Egypt and Mesopotamia had the same laws hebrews wrote about??????????

The ten commandments existed before hebrews my friend, hebrews just put the ten most important to them together. They did not originate from them or their god.
defining a deity, That would be a hard one. You are right I don't know and I don't understand it.

outhouse

Atheistically
That is what I ask myself all the time. There was once a guy that said you can not make yourself believe in something that you don't believe in. I am taking that he meant I know that pink fish with green ,talking ears does not exist so I can not ,no matter how hard I try , believe in them.
On the other hand if something has happen to you or you have had an expertise that make you believe in a certain way , you can not make your self not believe just because you want to.
:sw: it is like having a fight going on in side of you. And no I don't do drugs. lol

you have a good take on all this.

people are still very very primitive. We have only been a advanced race for a few hundred years of 200,000 years in existance.

Many things at this point in our culture are percieved.

Everyone wants to believe there is some good power that will watch over us and take care of us in a afterlife if we are good.

riley2112

you have a good take on all this.

people are still very very primitive. We have only been a advanced race for a few hundred years of 200,000 years in existance.

Many things at this point in our culture are percieved.

Everyone wants to believe there is some good power that will watch over us and take care of us in a afterlife if we are good.

That is cold! But very very funny , I love it .

outhouse

Atheistically
defining a deity, That would be a hard one. You are right I don't know and I don't understand it.

Im much in the same way

i dont have a clue and im learning. its why im here.

I just follow a historical perspective over a created one.

I just wont put my trust int ancient people after I see how they created what they worshipped.

outhouse

Atheistically
That is cold! But very very funny , I love it .

I have a 5 year old, while I do play Santa with her. Im not sure about jesus and god as to what I want her to learn.

Im not a anti theist and im not sure the positive dogma will stick if i dont let her believe like santa in god and jesus.

I want her to have all the positive aspects of the religion I still carry

your right it was cold, but only if this was a childrens forum, adult believers will just shrug it off, which is fine. i was just making a parable for belief in myths

riley2112

Im much in the same way

i dont have a clue and im learning. its why im here.

I just follow a historical perspective over a created one.

I just wont put my trust int ancient people after I see how they created what they worshipped.
I can understand your take on this , however I see it like God does exist and like people always do, they took something that was simply to follow and just screwed it up to make it a way to control and judge other so they could be what they want.
No one is happy with what they have , they want to be in charge , they want to feel important and the only way they can do that is to have a way to control and judge other, so now they have a reason to punish other that don't believe the way they should or to convince other to go to war. What is funny is these are the very reasons I did not want to have anything to do with religion, until I figured out that it was not God or the religion , it was the vain prideful thoughts and wants of man that took something good and turned it to crap.

riley2112

I have a 5 year old, while I do play Santa with her. Im not sure about jesus and god as to what I want her to learn.

Im not a anti theist and im not sure the positive dogma will stick if i dont let her believe like santa in god and jesus.

I want her to have all the positive aspects of the religion I still carry

your right it was cold, but only if this was a childrens forum, adult believers will just shrug it off, which is fine. i was just making a parable for belief in myths
I could be wrong here , but it seems to me that you and I are trying to get to the same place , we are just coming from different directions.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member

Well, you don't seem to .. does that mean that you are not "good" ?
..or maybe you think that you are smarter than evrybody else :foot:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That is fair enough if that is how you feel, but for me on the other hand the evidence is clear, for example, in a very basic way, everything is within an order and a balance equilibrium, when you study human anatomy and physiology, there is homeostasis, of course even so, people like Dawkins respond to this by saying ''it just appears to be organised and balanced, this is just a powerful illusion'' so he doesn't deny the essence of the subject or evidence, just that it ''SEEMS'' to us as such, which he dosnt deny nor can anybody else, to me this is irrational.

Because the ideas of "balance" and "organization" are concepts entirely invented by the human brain and governed entirely by perception. "Organization" is not a quantifiable quality of anything, and there is no means of judging whether or not one formation is any less or more "organized" than anything else in any meaningful way. Take, for example, a pebble. Compared to a human being, we would say a pebble is nowhere near as complex nor organized, yet I would attest that the atoms and the atomic structure of that pebble is just as organized in it's particular formation as the human body is. The human body is no more quantifiably organized than a snowflake, yet nobody considers the complex structure of a snowflake to be evidence of magic, snowflake-shaping pixies.

Also, this is not evidence for any kind of God whatsoever. Who says order or organization can only come about through an intelligent agency?

~Amin~

God is the King
Because the ideas of "balance" and "organization" are concepts entirely invented by the human brain and governed entirely by perception. "Organization" is not a quantifiable quality of anything, and there is no means of judging whether or not one formation is any less or more "organized" than anything else in any meaningful way.
This is definitely not acceptable from our position, because there is no limit to this kind of thought, there are people in certain areas that have gone to the extent of saying,
''we really don't exist, even what we SEE is not really there, that all this is only our impression of what we see, this is just a mental experience''. So you could apply this same thought also to yourself, that all your understanding is a deviation from whats known to be true.

Also, this is not evidence for any kind of God whatsoever. Who says order or organization can only come about through an intelligent agency?
At least we have an answer, even though you don't accept it, and that is fine as well, its up to you to apply the approach you want, where did it come from then?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I do..
I'm not very keen on the "drunk and diorderly" :D
You have not presented anything your whole time here on RF to indicate that you are anything close an authority on such matters.
So, that being flat out stated, why should anyone not already in your choir take your word for it?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
At least we have an answer, even though you don't accept it, and that is fine as well, its up to you to apply the approach you want, where did it come from then?
Do you honestly think that any answer pulled from any where is better than the honesty of admitting "I don't Know?"