• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You know what's dangerous? Ignoring pertinent facts and just going with the flow because of "science."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You know what's dangerous? Ignoring pertinent facts and just going with the flow because of "science."
The facts as documented many many times in this thread are based on reliable academic science.

Distorted misrepresentation of 'some facts and disproven paranoid theories are not facts.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have enough academic background and worked directly in the medical field to understand SARS and Covid-19 very well.

I lived in China and taught medical English at the China Medical University during the SARS epidemic. I was close friends with many of the Doctors at the University.

An interesting fact that is lost in discussion is when they tested the populations in South Western China they found antibodies to Covid related viruses in the blood of those living in the region where the bats and rodents lied that are known carriers of Covid related viruses.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
"Science" changes all the time.
True, this is the positive attribute of science, but you need to understand what "change" over time means in science. Research and discoveries in science are a building process based on previous knowledge, and weeding out false theories and hypothesis. Foundation basic sciences do not change as much as people may think today.

Pogo

So, who here has had six or seven COVID vaccinations?
Me who has not had Covid yet and who also understands that the article most recently presented is about monitoring Covid vaccinations for a rare side effect that is more commonly seen in reactions to flu vaccines. It is not anything new despite the scary name used.
Furthermore the chances of having a seizure is much more likely from contracting the infection. @Ebionite's fear is entirely based on ignorance of reality.
Yes "science" changes, that is its strength, we had no vaccines to protect us against Covid and so the best we could do till we found out more about it was stay home and avoid typical pathways for airborne respiratory viruses. We developed a vaccine and distributed it and the virus mutated as viruses do, (that is how it came to infect us in the first place) and so now it is a bit of whack a mole as the widespread virus has so many more hosts to mutate in.
This is not a failure of science, it is a failure of some persons to understand it and jabber their understandings all over the place. (Injecting Bleach and [putting UV lights where the sun don't shine)

Kathryn

Me who has not had Covid yet and who also understands that the article most recently presented is about monitoring Covid vaccinations for a rare side effect that is more commonly seen in reactions to flu vaccines. It is not anything new despite the scary name used.
Furthermore the chances of having a seizure is much more likely from contracting the infection. @Ebionite's fear is entirely based on ignorance of reality.
Yes "science" changes, that is its strength, we had no vaccines to protect us against Covid and so the best we could do till we found out more about it was stay home and avoid typical pathways for airborne respiratory viruses. We developed a vaccine and distributed it and the virus mutated as viruses do, (that is how it came to infect us in the first place) and so now it is a bit of whack a mole as the widespread virus has so many more hosts to mutate in.
This is not a failure of science, it is a failure of some persons to understand it and jabber their understandings all over the place. (Injecting Bleach and [putting UV lights where the sun don't shine)
You are THE ONLY PERSON who has responded to me, so thank you. I got COVID a few weeks after I got my third injection (on time - traveling a lot). There was simply nothing to it, other than having to stay isolated for I think five days. I had a low grade fever that quickly dissipated, and a mild cough, and other than feeling a bit of malaise due to the fever (which is rare and why I took the COVID test), I really didn't feel anything or lose my sense of taste or whatever. (Neither did the two people I know who got COVID before the vaccines came out, though one did lose his sense of smell for a while, though it's back now and been back awhile.) Anyway, just wanted a report, so thank you again.

Kathryn

Could it be because they're THE ONLY PERSON here to have had that many shots? I suspect that the majority has not. Were you expecting that amount to be usual or routine?
Absolutely. The one person I know who actually died of COVID, had five shots. I had three in about two years. Six or so COVID shots is typical if you got the two shot thing and then one each year. How many have you had?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You are THE ONLY PERSON who has responded to me, so thank you. I got COVID a few weeks after I got my third injection (on time - traveling a lot). There was simply nothing to it, other than having to stay isolated for I think five days. I had a low grade fever that quickly dissipated, and a mild cough, and other than feeling a bit of malaise due to the fever (which is rare and why I took the COVID test), I really didn't feel anything or lose my sense of taste or whatever. (Neither did the two people I know who got COVID before the vaccines came out, though one did lose his sense of smell for a while, though it's back now and been back awhile.) Anyway, just wanted a report, so thank you again.
Nobody responded this time probably because we all responded last time. And we all read this same message that you typed last time as well.
Plus you've told all of us several times that you're tired of talking about it but continue talking about it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Absolutely. The one person I know who actually died of COVID, had five shots. I had three in about two years. Six or so COVID shots is typical if you got the two shot thing and then one each year. How many have you had?
The two initial Moderna shots, and then a booster. After the pandemic ended and my eldery, ailing father passed I was less worried about it.