• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swift endorsing Harris...

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
This is what happened last year after a single post:

On Tuesday morning, the singer posted a short message on Instagram encouraging her 272 million followers to register to vote. Afterward, the website she directed her fans to — the nonpartisan nonprofit Vote.org — recorded more than 35,000 registrations, according to the organization.

Yup. It's about mobilizing the vote.

Any vote, for any candidate - Swift did not tell her fans who to vote for. She articulated her own position, encouraged others to do their own research, and to register to vote.

Influencers definitely have an influence here.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, I'm sure when you were 18 years old, you too wrote and performed a song that sold over 18 million copies.
Yeah I'm pretty sure when you were 18 years old, you likely had a habit of confusing musicians with politicians.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yeah, I'm sure when you were 18 years old, you too wrote and performed a song that sold over 18 million copies.
Since when does popularity mean its something good or of worth? She has giant corporations backing her and marketing her to young girls. Not hard to "sell" millions with that.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Yeah I'm pretty sure when you were 18 years old, you likely had a habit of confusing musicians with politicians.

Yeah I'm sure Taylor isn't doing that any more than I did. Conservatives don't like Taylor Swift, in fact, they're actually afraid of the power she has so they talk trash about her. She's literally living the American dream, she's a self-made woman and that drives MAGA out of their gourds.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
she's a self-made woman
Lol, I have to laugh at that. She was a rich girl whose parents moved her to Nashville as a teen to push her music career. She ain't a rag to riches story. Almost none of them aren't. Her innocent country girl persona is as fake as Kid Rock's fake trailer trash persona is. He ain't from a Detroit trailer park and she's not even from the South or the country at all.

I didn't realize RF was a Swiftie board. :grinning:

anna.

Lol, I have to laugh at that. She was a rich girl whose parents moved her to Nashville as a teen to push her music career. She ain't a rag to riches story. Almost none of them aren't. Her innocent country girl persona is as fake as Kid Rock's fake trailer trash persona is. He ain't from a Detroit trailer park and she's not even from the South or the country at all.

I didn't say rags to riches, you did. I said she was a self made woman and she is. She's a billionaire at age 34 and her parents didn't do that.

I'm not a Swiftie, btw.

I only know a few of her songs, but I love how she ties MAGA in knots, to the point that some of them believe she's a Pentagon plant.
chuckle.gif

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I read her comments and she seems like a pretty thoughtful person. Just sayin.

But yeah, most people are not going to be swayed by such endorsements. However, she is quite the phenomenon and might make a difference at the margins? Dunno.
I don't think this is going to make a bunch of Republican Swifties suddenly switch to the Democrats, but it may be enough to significantly increase the voter turnout among Democrat-leaning Swifties.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I didn't say rags to riches, you did. I said she was a self made woman and she is. She's a billionaire at age 34 and her parents didn't do that.

I'm not a Swiftie, btw.

I only know a few of her songs, but I love how she ties MAGA in knots, to the point that some of them believe she's a Pentagon plant.
chuckle.gif
Having your wealthy parents boost you from the start and being backed by huge corporations with their arsenal of powerful producers and a whole team managing every aspect of your public persona (which is exactly what it is, and many fall for this, thinking it's real) isn't what I'd call "self-made".

anna.

Having your wealthy parents boost you from the start and being backed by huge corporations with their arsenal of powerful producers and a whole team managing every aspect of your public persona (which is exactly what it is, and many fall for this, thinking it's real) isn't what I'd call "self-made".

I couldn't care less if her parents boosted her at the start, nor does that have anything to do with why MAGA don't like her.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I couldn't care less if her parents boosted her at the start, nor does that have anything to do with why MAGA don't like her.
I was commenting on your "self-made" claim. I just found your notion of her "living the American dream" and being "self-made" as utterly laughable. If "the American dream" is being a sold out corporate product selling lies about yourself to young people, then count me out. Even her relationship with the football player was revealed in a leak, of official paperwork with a PR firm, recently to be a PR stunt to benefit their careers. Lol.

Anyway, I'm done. The less we talk about these irrelevant people, the better.

anna.

I was commenting on your "self-made" claim. I just found your notion of her "living the American dream" and being "self-made" as utterly laughable. If "the American dream" is being a sold out corporate product selling lies about yourself to young people, then count me out. Even her relationship with the football player was revealed in a leak, of official paperwork with a PR firm, recently to be a PR stunt to benefit their careers. Lol.

Anyway, I'm done. The less we talk about these irrelevant people, the better.

We disagree, nothing wrong with that. I see her differently than you - I see her as a talented musician and song writer, a smart businesswoman with the charisma to build and hold a global fan base that fills arenas around the world. She did that. A lot of men can't deal with it either, and it shows in the way they derisively dismiss her. Same as it ever was.
BTW, that leak will probably turn out to be fake news but I don't care about that either.
It's not easy to maintain a celebrity relationship, thank goodness I live in obscurity.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Yeah I'm sure Taylor isn't doing that any more than I did. Conservatives don't like Taylor Swift, in fact, they're actually afraid of the power she has so they talk trash about her. She's literally living the American dream, she's a self-made woman and that drives MAGA out of their gourds.

If that's what you consider power , this country is in a lot more worse shape than I previously thought.

Twilight Hue

It kind of blows out of the water the Democrats claim that they are for the working poor and middle class.