• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swift endorsing Harris...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This was interesting:

All this boils down to the mom saying she's selling 3 tickets to the show ... 'cause she doesn't want her daughter thinking abortion's OK -- and, she doesn't want to pad Taylor's pockets with any more of her coin.

The video's pretty divisive online ... split along party lines, with conservatives applauding her for telling Tay off, and liberals mocking the woman who posted it for complaining about the economy after she bought 3 very expensive T-Swift tickets.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think this is interesting:

I suspect much of that support may be because Democrats have a better record when it comes to the economy. Even if the rich still profit during recessions, they may not profit as much, and the article cites specifically millionaires who are likely more impacted by bad economies. This may be even with higher taxes on the rich.

For those middle and lower class voters who may be swayed by the optics of who rich folks support, it would be good to remember that while Democrats have been visibly shifting right since Reagan due to the ridiculous notion that New Deal era ideals aren't popular (they are), they are still the party more willing to invest in new infrastructure, the environment, tax the wealthy, support welfare and will probably be the party that does things like get universal healthcare for all Americans.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it was a timely endorsement from Taylor Swift that will help Kamala's campaign.

Like all of these endorsements, the benefits will be at the margins, same with the Kid Rock endorsement.

It seems like it may have backfired:

A new poll from YouGov released Saturday found that only 8 per cent of voters said the superstar’s approval would see them “somewhat” or “much more likely” to vote for Ms Harris.

But the same poll, which ran on Sep 11 and 12, found one in five (20 per cent) of those surveyed would be less likely to vote for her after the endorsement.

Pogo

I did not expect that.
It was not a poll of Swift fans but a general poll that included many people who wouldn't have even thought of the question unless it was asked. Even at that, it indicated a positive effect though diluted by that majority that wouldn't have thought about it.