• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swift endorsing Harris...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Swift has been developing a backlash based on her foray into political endorsements.
Only from MAGA as best I can tell, and their reaction to Swift is irrelevant to the outcome of the election, since those people will all vote for Trump whatever Swift does.

You seem to underestimate the hold she has on her huge fan base. I gave you the data that shows her immense and growing popularity. I assume that these are mostly young girls and women, and if this phenomenon is like Beatlemania - and I think it is - her fans will do what she tells them to do. So far, I don't believe that she has told them to vote for Harris. She has said that SHE will vote for Harris, and encourages them to register and vote, but doesn't actually specify who THEY should vote for.
She may just as well get out additional votes for Trump.
And what is the pathway for that to happen? Who that wasn't already going to vote for Trump is now thinking, "Since Taylor Swift prefers Harris, I'll vote for Trump," and if such a creature exists, how frequent are they compared to the number who think "Since Taylor Swift prefers Harris, I'll vote for Taylor."
There is only one person who can and will influence my vote and that is the candidate.
Me. too, but we're not an impressionable young females.

Pogo

Only from MAGA as best I can tell, and their reaction to Swift is irrelevant to the outcome of the election, since those people will all vote for Trump whatever Swift does.

You seem to underestimate the hold she has on her huge fan base. I gave you the data that shows her immense and growing popularity. I assume that these are mostly young girls and women, and if this phenomenon is like Beatlemania - and I think it is - her fans will do what she tells them to do. So far, I don't believe that she has told them to vote for Harris. She has said that SHE will vote for Harris, and encourages them to register and vote, but doesn't actually specify who THEY should vote for.

And what is the pathway for that to happen? Who that wasn't already going to vote for Trump is now thinking, "Since Taylor Swift prefers Harris, I'll vote for Trump," and if such a creature exists, how frequent are they compared to the number who think "Since Taylor Swift prefers Harris, I'll vote for Taylor."

Or maybe we don't recognize Swifties as well as we think we do.
AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

Taylor Swift's fans, also known as "Swifties", have a wide range of demographics, including:

• Race
    According to a 2023 survey, 74% of Swifties are white, 13% are Black, 9% are Asian, and 4% are other races.

52% of Swifties are women and 48% are men.

• Generation
    45% of Swifties are millennials, 23% are baby boomers, 21% are Generation X, and 11% are Generation Z.

• Politics
    55% of Swifties are Democrats, 23% are Republicans, and 23% are independent.

55% of Swifties live in suburban areas, 26% live in cities, and 21% live in rural areas.

• Income
    Just about half of Swifties make under $50,000, 25% make between $50,000 and $100,000, and the other quarter make $100,000 or more.

According to a 2023 survey, 33% of respondents aged 30 to 44 years old and more than one in 10 survey respondents aged 65 years or older considered themselves Taylor Swift fans.

Swifties are known for their enthusiastic support for Taylor Swift, deep knowledge of her music, and active participation in fan communities.

Generative AI is experimental.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Taylor Swift's fans, also known as "Swifties", have a wide range of demographics, including:

I can't say I know much about "Swifties," but I do recall times when some performers were so big that they had a rabid fanbase. Like back in the 80s, I encountered a lot of people who were devoted fans of Michael Jackson and Madonna, who were two big icons from that time. Someone else upthread mentioned Beatlemania, and that was quite a time as well. Then there was also Elvis and the huge popularity he enjoyed.

I could never tell if their popularity is an accurate reflection of their talent as musicians, or if there's something less tangible or abstract which factors into it. Some might say they're beneficiaries of media hype, but they still have to wow the crowd. Lots of performers and movies get hyped with a lot of backing, but if they suck, they still flop.

Pogo

Meaning unlike us, Swift is an impressionable young female.
She has many followers that she could influence.
And then there is an impressionable old man who repeats wild claims like immigrants stealing our pets and killing babies after birth on the say so of totally fabricated conspiracies from the likes of Laura Loomer. He certainly has a fanatic fan base that accepts whatever he says no matter how absurd.

Colt

Oh I don’t underestimate pop culture and it’s shallow emotionalism at all!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
She's useless and people know it.
Is she?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Lol, I have to laugh at that. She was a rich girl whose parents moved her to Nashville as a teen to push her music career. She ain't a rag to riches story. Almost none of them aren't. Her innocent country girl persona is as fake as Kid Rock's fake trailer trash persona is. He ain't from a Detroit trailer park and she's not even from the South or the country at all.

I didn't realize RF was a Swiftie board. :grinning:
Oh, you've met her?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is she?

Anyone with enough money can do that, but I will agree philanthropy among the wealthy should be noted.

The only crying shame about it all is that you even have to do that in the first place.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
LOL They don't though, do they. Only some do.

She doesn't look useless to me. I bet all those hungry people she helped don't think so either.
Well I still adhere to the native wisdom that, "Give a man a fish they'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish, they'll eat for a lifetime".