• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taboo subjects thread

idav

Being
Premium Member
It's a depraved sexual perversion the same as incest.

It is also against God's law and anyone who as any decent sense of morality.
Well that certainly sounds taboo then. The thing about asking if it is an orientation is to ask if it is the persons choice or if god makes them that way in the first place..

idav

Being
Premium Member
Not unless that is someone's primary orientation - as in their preferred partner is an animal, not a human.
And even then, it would be considered disordered due to the other issues involved.
This orientation thing is kinda interesting. Would you say the same for someone who preferred machinery or whatever else someone could possibly prefer? I do understand that there are other moral issues to consider with such questions so your disordered statement is relevant.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
This orientation thing is kinda interesting. Would you say the same for someone who preferred machinery or whatever else someone could possibly prefer? I do understand that there are other moral issues to consider with such questions so your disordered statement is relevant.
I generally would to an extent. It's disordered if it causes major problems in the individual's life typically due to the DSM. For example someone with a shoe fetish who can only experience orgasm if a shoe is present. If this is totally fine with him (most fetishes belong to males AFAIK) then no big deal. If he's stealing women's shoes then it's a problem. Someone who 'marries' a RealDoll is probably disordered in his thinking - high social or sexual anxiety, lack of attachment, etc. - but if they're otherwise functional I wouldn't REQUIRE treatment unless they wanted it.

Bestiality - i have no idea how many people would 'prefer' an animal partner over a human one but the number would be very small. (Much like pedophilia where 95% of so-called pedophiles are child molesters but not pedophilicly oriented.) There IS, in my opinion, arguable harm caused to the animal and in our society we hold animals to a middle standard, they're not just property with no rights and they're not humans with rights. They're like our odd unusual furry children in some ways and our food in others. They cannot sign contracts or agree to sexual intercourse and it generally feels like people are just taking advantage of them to me. I would probably consider bestiality disordered by default were I meeting with a client who presented with that issue.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Do you have any quotes for the woman having to marry her rapist?

If you are talking about God setting the bears on the 42 children (from Kings) then that is acceptable because God was showing his firm but fair authority.

if not - then Biblical quote or reference would be good.

As for slavery - well , in Biblical times the culture was different so that was ok too.
Firm but fair...huh...you're insane. :slap:

nnmartin

So the culture's different now, therefore stop trying to use biblical mores on a different culture.

Ta da, simple. That's why this argument doesn't work.

This is not the same because God actually banned certain things specifically.

These included - Incest and Bestiality.

therefore, these two perversions are banned until the end of time.

nnmartin

RE: Originally Posted by nnmartin

Deut. 22: 28-29

the same applies here - ie: different culture , different times and rules.

In those days it was likely better for the woman to marry her rapist than to be rejected completely by society after the act. Harsh, but light for the times.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
RE: Originally Posted by nnmartin

the same applies here - ie: different culture , different times and rules.

In those days it was likely better for the woman to marry her rapist than to be rejected completely by society after the act. Harsh, but light for the times.
You justify it as such because it was in the past. God is timeless. How can his commandments change if he never changes?

nnmartin

Well that certainly sounds taboo then. The thing about asking if it is an orientation is to ask if it is the persons choice or if god makes them that way in the first place..

good point but however God makes you is really just a kind of character test.

for some people life is easy - they are born beautiful, clever and personable - but God no doubt expects more of them.

I am not sure that anyone is actually born with a propensity for incest or bestiality though - if so , then they need to rectify their behaviour with the help of the Lord.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
If the culture was 'different then' and now we're so morally above the past time then why do we have to follow a moral code written down 2000 years ago?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Here are some taboo topics:

1. How do you get rid of zits on your rear end?

2. If you ever worked in food service, what was the worst thing you ever did to a customer's food?

3. Do you enjoy watching animals mate?

4. Have you ever eaten anything out of a trash can?

5. Do you always wash your hands after you use the restroom?

6. How many people have you slept with?

7. What's the weirdest thing you've ever done sexually?

I could go on but I am feeling a little sick right now.

nnmartin

Then how is God's law justified by man's society changing? I thought God's law stood alone against the ways of the world.

well, no because there is God's law and Mans' law.

some changes were made with the coming and passing of Jesus.

ie: a lot of the OT law of men.