• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take the YmirGF challenge!!! (Please)

mcteethinator

Idiosyncratic Muslim
The first thing that came to my mind was "Lion", but we have not all seen a lion, at least not in real life.

Second thing that came to mind was "Hatchet".

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Funny the first thing that popped into my head was a lighthouse of all things. A large stalwart building with the light on. It stood upon a precipice and in the distance one could see other lighthouses, none of which had the lights on. It overlooked a vast ocean upon which no ships were present and was exceptionally calm..... but the lighthouse went about with its lights, calling in any fortunate enough to see it.

Or that could be me projecting what sounds like the makings of a very good proglogue to a book I might actually write........ who knows.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Funny the first thing that popped into my head was a lighthouse of all things. A large stalwart building with the light on. It stood upon a precipice and in the distance one could see other lighthouses, none of which had the lights on. It overlooked a vast ocean upon which no ships were present and was exceptionally calm..... but the lighthouse went about with its lights, calling in any fortunate enough to see it.

Or that could be me projecting what sounds like the makings of a very good proglogue to a book I might actually write........ who knows.
That is very interesting. I am glad I requested your attendance.

:bow:

I will let this run another day or two and then have the keepers of the answer drop the bomb. Many of you are going to be more than a bit startled. Keep up the excellent replies folks, some of you are better at this than you may realize. I plan to go through several of the commendable responses and give my thoughts on each and why I think they are still valid answers. It's all perception, you see.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Now, the challenge is for you to tell me exactly what the idea shape is.

Some clues:

1. It is not a silly image.
2. It is something you have all seen, unless you are blind or live in a deep hole which you have never ventured out of.
3. It is not a sexual image.
4. The answer is a two syllable word.

Honestly, I have tried to come up with something, but simply can't imagine what you could be getting at. How many millions of images could you possibly be thinking of? It's not silly. I've seen it before. It's not sexual. It's a two-syllable word. That could be anything from airplane to tiger to pancake to anything else. What is it I'm missing here?

Cynic

A glowing..........dagger? It was something sharp, knife-like, and it emanated a purplish hue.

It also seemed to pulse, too.

Peace,
Mystic
I saw something sharp, but it was pointy/jagged/edgy things kind of like a star in shape. It was colorful, but too faint to tell what I was picturing.
Of course, I'm expecting that my answer is completely wrong...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
[/color]

Honestly, I have tried to come up with something, but simply can't imagine what you could be getting at. How many millions of images could you possibly be thinking of? It's not silly. I've seen it before. It's not sexual. It's a two-syllable word. That could be anything from airplane to tiger to pancake to anything else. What is it I'm missing here?

This isn't a quiz per se, as in, "What the heck is that moron, YmirGF thinking? I told you, I have an image "on hold" in my mind. A single word describes it very well. I want you to try to visualize it, not think about it. It is your first impression that I am interested in.

Just try to clear your mind and STOP THINKING ABOUT IT, lol. Relax, breathe and then type whatever is the first thing to come into your mind. It's easy! Remember you are not playing a game to "think" of what I am "thinking"; you are opening your mind briefly to capture an image I have created. Some have almost got it.

Cynic

My second guess is that its one of those optical illusions that you stare into to get a three dimensional image.

Image6.gif

But, given the clues and responses from YmirGF, I am going to say it is some kind of object that is long, somewhat tapered towards one end, and emanates light, like a flashlight or glowstick.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
This isn't a quiz per se, as in, "What the heck is that moron, YmirGF thinking? I told you, I have an image "on hold" in my mind. A single word describes it very well. I want you to try to visualize it, not think about it. It is your first impression that I am interested in.

Just try to clear your mind and STOP THINKING ABOUT IT, lol. Relax, breathe and then type whatever is the first thing to come into your mind. It's easy! Remember you are not playing a game to "think" of what I am "thinking"; you are opening your mind briefly to capture an image I have created. Some have almost got it.

so we are looking for a descriptive word.... not an actual thing...?

Cynic

This isn't a quiz per se, as in, "What the heck is that moron, YmirGF thinking? I told you, I have an image "on hold" in my mind. A single word describes it very well.
Acid trip?.. No wait, thats two words...