• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take the YmirGF challenge!!! (Please)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sunstone and Robtex have been asked to supply the answer. BTW: So many of your astounded me with your answers... even the disco ball, Rhonda. I'll explain why later.

*Runs out the door to get back to the garden work*

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner. Thank you for participating. I am going to spend some time and review some of your answers.

I wonder if Sunstone and Robtex are as amazed at the answers as I am?

I verify that the answer to the challenge is "sunrise". :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;945986 said:
But we would have also accepted "mushroom."
How come I'm always out of frubals at the precise time I want to frubal you? I should save myself for you I guess. :flirt:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Evidently, you are imaging it many different ways today, YmirGF. The images keep coming.

sunrise
Congratulation Robert, I wasn't the least bit surprised that you got this. Way cool. You are the First RF Champion in Thought Transference. You see, the way I am looking at this is that people are much better "receivers" than they might expect and it doesn't matter if they followed directions or simply guessed. I feel that it was a very interesting experiment, particularly for me.

And now... the Honorable mentions with reasons given:
Beckysoup:
The sky is actually the first thing that comes into my mind. An image of a blue sky with clouds like marshmallows drifting back and forth. (I could be completely off, but this is what I saw)
I almost fell off my chair when I read your superb response, especially with it being the first in the thread. You caught all of the image except the sun in the centre. Otherwise spot on. Way to go, girl. You definitely have a "gift".

I giggled when I read this because the sun is a heavenly body, although not exactly a planet. Still, it was on the right track. I figure the astology stuff threw you off, lol.

For some reason a disco ball type image is the first that popped into my head. A glowing, crystalized ball shape revolving with tons of light. Is that close? :D
ButteryCups: At first I just laughed at you mentioning a gleaming disco ball... but then I thought of the sun and thought... "Hmmm. She is getting "something" that is for sure. All in all, I thought it was a great answer once I digested it. In my imagination the sun is almost glittering, so your disco ball is quite appropriate.

doppelgänger;943229 said:
The shape of a lemon, generally spherical but taperng toward two opposite ends.
Even this one is not bad, as a lemon is bright yellow. Again, you got something, if but the colour and a mention of spherical. Still, not bad, really.

Then my dear friend Comprehend wrote a stunner:
sunlight.
I'll be honest. I almost called it as a dead ringer, but had to hold off because Sunrise and sunlight isn't exactly the same thing. A very good effort though.

I'll hit page two in a few hours, lol. All the happy guinea pigs will be receiving frubals for their efforts, I might add. Maybe Sunstone could be coerced to drop a few as well.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The first thing that entered my mind was rainbow.
Then along comes MB. Obviously this is incorrect, but I was still struck by the imagery because the sunset I imagined definitely had numerous colours in it. So I cannot discount the "rainbow" altogether. Good one, MB.

Then another fine Mormon hit with Sunlight. (Are you folks beginning to see a pattern here? Must be something about Mormons. Hehe.)

Ditto. (Sunlight)

Velly intellesting, but incorrect. Comprehend and DavyCrocket did pick up on the aspect of light though. Interesting people, methinks.

Along comes Jacquie and writes:
Once again, Jacquie nail a specific aspect of the image as the sun certainly looks like a circle to our eyes. Very good Jacquie. Was the circle yellow by chance?

Cynic also posted a very good response, once again a person was hitting on something with light in the image.
Actually, the first thing that came to mind was something starry shaped. But since their doesn't seem to be two-syllable words for anything resembling a star, I'm going to say... a flower?
Hehe. He should have stuck with his first instincts for they rarely are wrong.

Then along trots Robert with his first body slam. Once again, he zero's in on light.
Greetings. I took your advice, YmirGF, and the first thing that came to mind was a 'starting engine.' :D - just kidding

Actually, came up with 'light bulb,' turned on and shining brightly.:)

Edit: It is interesting after reading other posts that some of my first thoughts were similar: in addition to light bulb were daylight (or light of day), opening rose. But, I think after being up so early this morning you are sleeping now and that no thought transference is occurring.
I was also quite amused to see another reference to a flower. Having worked in the garden around some awesome blossoms of late, I can't help wonder if both Cynic and Robert "picked up" on that. Very interesting.

Movie time... more later.

jacquie4000

Once again, Jacquie nail a specific aspect of the image as the sun certainly looks like a circle to our eyes. Very good Jacquie. Was the circle yellow by chance?

After my second time trying it was a bright circle that radiated but I could not define a color just briteness, but I thought we really only had one guess.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Is there a prize for being way out in right feild? Looking at it now, I was there.

Look at it this way, we could have all been seeing the same thing from differing perspectives. :)

I definitely saw a prism with the colors of the rainbow emitting out of it on one side. The whole was pulsing a purplish hue. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

But congrats to all who were dead on and who were close! Perhaps there are more budding mystics here than previously thought, Paul. *cheers*

Peace,
Mystic

SoyLeche

meh...
Congratulation Robert, I wasn't the least bit surprised that you got this. Way cool. You are the First RF Champion in Thought Transference. You see, the way I am looking at this is that people are much better "receivers" than they might expect and it doesn't matter if they followed directions or simply guessed. I feel that it was a very interesting experiment, particularly for me.

And now... the Honorable mentions with reasons given:
Beckysoup:

I almost fell off my chair when I read your superb response, especially with it being the first in the thread. You caught all of the image except the sun in the centre. Otherwise spot on. Way to go, girl. You definitely have a "gift".

I giggled when I read this because the sun is a heavenly body, although not exactly a planet. Still, it was on the right track. I figure the astology stuff threw you off, lol.

ButteryCups: At first I just laughed at you mentioning a gleaming disco ball... but then I thought of the sun and thought... "Hmmm. She is getting "something" that is for sure. All in all, I thought it was a great answer once I digested it. In my imagination the sun is almost glittering, so your disco ball is quite appropriate.

Even this one is not bad, as a lemon is bright yellow. Again, you got something, if but the colour and a mention of spherical. Still, not bad, really.

Then my dear friend Comprehend wrote a stunner:
I'll be honest. I almost called it as a dead ringer, but had to hold off because Sunrise and sunlight isn't exactly the same thing. A very good effort though.

I'll hit page two in a few hours, lol. All the happy guinea pigs will be receiving frubals for their efforts, I might add. Maybe Sunstone could be coerced to drop a few as well.
I would suggest that you do this 10 more times and see how often the same people come up with the answer. You probably shouldn't continue to give hints either (like - "you're getting close", "notice what I'm not saying is wrong" - or, for that matter, telling anyone they are wrong).

That is, if you want to weed out random chance in the results :)

(yeah, I've got a statistics degree - so sue me)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I would suggest that you do this 10 more times and see how often the same people come up with the answer. You probably shouldn't continue to give hints either (like - "you're getting close", "notice what I'm not saying is wrong" - or, for that matter, telling anyone they are wrong).

That is, if you want to weed out random chance in the results :)

(yeah, I've got a statistics degree - so sue me)
Yes, I do realize that, lol. However, the first few answers were pretty right on in spite of that angle. An interesting experiment nonetheless.

Next time I will implore people to NOT read any other anwers prior to giving their own... and perhaps that only their first answer counts. Plus I may well ask your advice on how to make it a bit more accurate. It is always wise to use the resources at ones disposal, eh! Like so many other things, I had forgotten that you are a statistics weenie.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yes, I do realize that, lol. However, the first few answers were pretty right on in spite of that angle. An interesting experiment nonetheless.

Next time I will implore people to NOT read any other anwers prior to giving their own... and perhaps that only their first answer counts.

Interesting, Paul, since I got that impression from you anyway from your PM.

You had responded to my purplish hue "dagger" response with a comment like, "very interesting........." and I was curious how you found it to be interesting.

The more I studied the image in my mind, the more I saw a prism, and I therefore I would be pleased to read your comment.

Forgive me this morning. I'm feeling rather attention-hungry. :D

Peace,
Mystic

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Back to my high need to make comments about pretty much anything. Forgive me but I am still waking up.
The next near hit and I believe the first one to say "light bulb" was Robert. I have to admit that it was a pretty bright answer. *groan*
Actually, came up with 'light bulb,' turned on and shining brightly.:)
Edit: It is interesting after reading other posts that some of my first thoughts were similar: in addition to light bulb were daylight (or light of day), opening rose. But, I think after being up so early this morning you are sleeping now and that no thought transference is occurring.
In all seriousness there is a part of us that never sleeps, so it doesn't matter a wit if my body was zonked out in my bed of wood shavings and toilet paper or not. One of the first elements in creating an image is to hold it in your mind and then just leaving it "be".

Next we have the ever analytical Dopp sacheted in with:
doppelgänger;944097 said:
Is this a guessing game or a thought transference experiment? You need to concentrate harder, Paulie. Your message isn't coming in very clearly.
I chuckled when I read this and thought, "Hmm. Apparently it is working perfectly, perhaps you should have your receiver checked to see it is functioning properly. :D

Next one of note was from the Bouncng Ball:
It makes me hungry, so it must be either your picture or the fact that I haven't eaten in sucha long time.

Is it pizza?
Too funny, but once I thought about it, a pizza is round and filled with colour. A bit of a stretch but still worth mentioning. Although Vandervally wasn't terribly warm with "screen". Perhaps he should follow Dopp to the repair shop. ;)

At first the next one from Heather puzzled me. You have to understand that if people did the excercise correctly and did NOT look at the answers of others then each is quite interesting. The dagger threw me off at first although the rest of the description was very good. Then it hit me like a dagger between the eyes. Sunlight is often very sharp to our eyes and can be almost painful... a dagger of light. In retrospect, I thought the image was well, brilliant.

MysticCutieP'ie said:
A glowing..........dagger? It was something sharp, knife-like, and it emanated a purplish hue. It also seemed to pulse, too.
Interesting image here because I lock on the image of a sunrise, as if by a video cam locked in place, NOT a still, or single frame image. Very nice.

Master VIgil also scored well like Becky in his reference to a cloud.
I saw a cloud.
Next time I may well ask for the reason why people zeroed in on what they did. Were they just guessing? Did they actually "see" something, etc... In short, anyone who saw clouds is doing very well. I guess the clouds had passed over the sun, when MV took a peek.