• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taxation is...

Taxation is

• The price we pay for civilized society

Votes: 32 97.0%
  • Theft

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm of the opinion it is theft. I never consented. I don't think the government should have a monopoly on essential services. Statists tout this monopoly as proof that society would implode without a government taxing them. Is it really too hard to wrap your head around how a flat surface could be paved in absence of a government?

As they say, there's only two things which are absolutely certain: Death and taxes.

If you try to sit, they'll tax your seat
If it gets too cold, they'll tax your heat
If you take a walk, they'll tax your feet

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yet countries like Saudi Arabia, Bermuda and the Bahamas get by with no income taxes. Also the United States had no income tax for most of its history. History indeed.
I hope you know how Saudi Arabia gets its income?

Heyo

Veteran Member
I hope you know how Saudi Arabia gets its income?
The same way Alaska does. They have a common good that is communally administered. The revenue is used as income for the Royal Family (the state) in SA and paid out to the community as a reverse tax (in Alaska).
Every country has lots of goods. In some the goods are given to private entities who in exchange pay taxes. In some the goods are communally administered and used as an income stream for the government.
In a syndicalist anarchy the common income would be administered by the community.

PureX

Veteran Member
I voted "The price we pay for civilized society" however in my opinion much of it is poorly used, poorly allocated and used to line the pockets of some.
We have allowed our politicians to become totally corrupted by legalized bribery. To the point where they now do little else but funnel trillions of tax dollars and borrowed money into the hands of their wealthy cronies that in turn for their campaigns, their perks, their family member's do-nothing jobs, and their after-office jobs corrupting their predecessors. We have failed to oversee our representatives as was our responsibility, and un-elect them for their lying, cheating, and stealing. Instead, we seem to be obsessed with blaming each other, and playing "team sports" with our disgustingly corrupt politicians.